Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County
It is time for a change at the head coaching position. Coach Jones had a losing record at Estill County and 9 - 30 (1 win this year was a forfiet and 4 loses due to Covid) in the last 4 seasons at Powell County. How is that kind of record ok?  The adults, the athletic director,  needs to start caring about the kids. Not just football, but in all sports, the kids deserve better. These kids get only 4 years in high school. Most of these kids work their butts off in the off season and they do not get the same from the coaching staff. I have never seen a drought like this at Powell County. It is very sad for the boys and girls. Parents need to stand up for their kids demand better.
Powell has only had a little more than a handful of winning seasons in the past 30 years. Looks like just a case of up and down seasons at a rural school. It happens.
What sport is Powell good at and is traditionally the scoops sport?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Coach Jones is an excellent coach. He’s had some great seasons at Estill. Not to throw gas on the fire/rivalry but Powell (they have had some wins against Estill) but always struggled with Estill even with Jones at Estill.

Give him sometime.
Who do you have in mind BaseballPirate?

(10-30-2023, 08:35 PM)ROTC Wrote: Who do you have in mind BaseballPirate?
 Further, what “football talent” is there at Powell that is not being developed?

What level have they won to prove that “coaching” is the problem?

Has the BOE in Powell made improvements/investments in facilities, created teaching openings for quality assistants, or done any other actions to build/grow the program?
I bet it’s that offense! They probably think Powell would instantly be better if they would sling it around the field.
Powell Co has not been relevant in football in 30+ years. Even their decent teams were destroyed by Estill when they played. And guess who was the coach at Estill? Mike Jones. Not saying he has been amazing, but you're not going to get a coach at a school like Powell better suited for the job than you currently have. Simple as that.
Would Brewer possibly come back?
Somebody wants the middle school coach to take over.
Sounds like a logical solution to this thread.
I know JUST the guy
Bahahahahahah!!!!!
Dumbest thing I’ve read…Mike Jones likes it at Powell and as long as he wants to coach then he should.