Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 39 Boyd County 15
Final from Boyd County.
This game was a lot closer than I expected especially in the first half. Pikeville must have still had some rust after a long time between games.
A lot of Pikeville starters didn’t play much in this one. Bad news for Class A is Brenden Anthony got 7 carries for 89 yards and 2 TDs in limited action. He had 1 carry since the monster Belfry game before tonight. He picked up where he left off.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bud_Bundy, Fanatic42
Boyd was far from being a creampuff like some thought they would be. They are capable of scoring anywhere on the field at any time. Two weeks ago they led Ashland at halftime 21-20, then Ashland took control and won that game. Boyd played Pikeville pretty close in the 1st half. 15-8 Pikeville at the half. But Pikeville did what it does, in the 3rd qtr they scored a bunch of points that Boyd couldn't answer. Pikeville's ground game looked as strong as ever tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Cream puff.
(10-28-2023, 01:00 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Boyd was far from being a creampuff like some thought they would be. They are capable of scoring anywhere on the field at any time. Two weeks ago they led Ashland at halftime 21-20, then Ashland took control and won that game. Boyd played Pikeville pretty close in the 1st half. 15-8 Pikeville at the half. But Pikeville did what it does, in the 3rd qtr they scored a bunch of points that Boyd couldn't answer. Pikeville's ground game looked as strong as ever tonight.
Pardon the double post please.
A lot tougher game than that last state championship game
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42, Packersfan7854
(10-28-2023, 01:00 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Boyd was far from being a creampuff like some thought they would be. They are capable of scoring anywhere on the field at any time. Two weeks ago they led Ashland at halftime 21-20, then Ashland took control and won that game. Boyd played Pikeville pretty close in the 1st half. 15-8 Pikeville at the half. But Pikeville did what it does, in the 3rd qtr they scored a bunch of points that Boyd couldn't answer. Pikeville's ground game looked as strong as ever tonight.

Stevens looked great running the ball and Stanley had a big run. Add Brown who is really good and this Pikeville team is as loaded at RB position as any team since the 80s IMO.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42
(10-28-2023, 01:06 AM)jetpilot Wrote: A lot tougher game than that last state championship game
Exactly. You said it right in another thread jp.
  • jetpilot
Congratulations Pikeville this was a good win…….
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-28-2023, 01:16 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Stevens looked great running the ball and Stanley had a big run. Add Brown who is really good and this Pikeville team is as loaded at RB position as any team since the 80s IMO.
Thats right, and They will be back next season too.
  • jetpilot
Lots to work on for the Panthers, feels really weird saying that after the last game of the regular season. This looked more like a first game of the season type game…really.
Terrible snaps, huge 3rd down conversions allowed, passes that hit 10 yards in front of receivers. Better clean up some stuff in the next three cake walk type games, which I’m sure we will because we better be ready to roll the next time we play a team with a pulse. This staff is the best, bar none, so full confidence that they weren’t very satisfied tonight.
Sorry JP, I’m just very critical I guess.
But it was great to see Anthony getting eased back in offensively and wow Stevens looked absolutely explosive on his touches…..that’s something new that I was glad to see getting introduced.
It’s go time now guys!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
I hope both Pikeville and Raceland both go on the road and expose these RPI imposters!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Patriot1
(10-28-2023, 03:25 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I hope both Pikeville and Raceland both go on the road and expose these RPI imposters!
According to the RPI numbers it looks like Raceland will be traveling to Pikeville round three of the playoffs.
(10-28-2023, 04:25 AM)Tomcat Pride Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 03:25 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I hope both Pikeville and Raceland both go on the road and expose these RPI imposters!
According to the RPI numbers it looks like Raceland will be traveling to Pikeville round three of the playoffs.
nope that will be middlesboro  GO JACKETS

Region (Round 3) if favorites advance:

Middlesboro at Pikeville
Raceland at Paris/Sayre winner
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buffs19's post:
  • Patriot1
(10-28-2023, 09:12 AM)Buffs19 Wrote:

Middlesboro at Pikeville
So if this is correct, does this mean Raceland would be at home for Round 2 against the Frankfort / Nicholas Co. winner?
(10-28-2023, 11:36 AM)Slic Ric Wrote:

Middlesboro at Pikeville
So if this is correct, does this mean Raceland would be at home for Round 2 against the Frankfort / Nicholas Co. winner?

Yes Raceland should be home first two rounds
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-28-2023, 11:55 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 11:36 AM)Slic Ric Wrote:

Middlesboro at Pikeville

Yes Raceland should be home first two rounds
Thanks Spud6!
(10-28-2023, 08:53 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:

Heard some jackets were calling for that game earlier this year.  Well now they just might get it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-28-2023, 05:42 PM)Belichick Wrote:

Heard some jackets were calling for that game earlier this year.  Well now they just might get it.

Oh yes they are absolutely going to get it.
(10-28-2023, 12:41 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: This game was a lot closer than I expected especially in the first half.  Pikeville must have still had some rust after a long time between games.
I don’t think Boyd is that bad after watching them a few times. Played Ashland and Johnson Central close in first half as well.  Beat Lawrence County last week away.  They have a few players.  They seemed to wilt in 2nd half last night.  They have some important kids playing both ways and their lines looked tired.

Pikeville gave up a 3rd and 32 and a 4th and goal from the 19 on Boyd’s one legit scoring drive.  Uncharacteristic but it happened. Boyd had trouble moving the ball except for that drive and it was weird to see Pikeville give up those 2 gains.  The other Boyd score came against the Pikeville reserves/JV.  Pikeville played their JV over a quarter even though no running clock was in place.  The Boyd QB Holbrook did all he could scrambling and giving his guys a chance.  Besides the one big run on 3rd and 32, any rushing yards came from the QB scrambling.  Not sure of the official stats but he was only able to complete 3-4 passes the entire first half even though the Lions dominated time of possession.

Bad snaps were an issue for Pikeville offense.  That’s been a recurring theme.  They are missing some open receivers.  But their running game is stout and while their receivers are great, they block about as well as they catch.  Offensive line opened some nice holes and defensive line got a lot of pressure.  Pikeville ran 6 different RBs last night and they all produce.  QB made some good throws and a few were off target.  The collection of RBs and WRs is impressive.

ou heard right we still want them
^^^Keep the bus running lol
(10-29-2023, 06:56 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:

ou heard right we still want them

Oof
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • jetpilot