Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 55 Perry Central 0
Commodores dominated time of possession but that’s really misleading because Corbin scored really fast in the first half.

Unofficial stats for this one had Corbin averaging about 16 yards per play in the first half where they outscored Perry 41-0. Perry got some first downs and had some drives end in Corbin territory, but just couldn’t sustain the drives long enough to get in scoring position.

Corbin is tough. A lot has been made of their defense (rightfully so), but the offense really impressed me out there.
About how I thought it would go!!
Congratulations Corbin!
I'm just glad that Corbin has started passing the ball. That brings a whole new dynamic to the offense that has been run first all year long.

I really like Perry's #15. He is an old school style mountain back that just likes to bulldoze. Did he get hurt? I didn't see him in the second half.
Ok. Obviously Perry didn’t want to show Corbin what we had for a possible rematch later haha. No seriously though, this is how everyone figured it would go, I am though proud of how hard our boys played early and moved the football, we didn’t back down, slone played really good at QB, Jackson ran ball great early until his injury, prayers for him and Combs , hope for a speedy recovery for both. And there was just nothing we could do to stop Corbin, they are like looking at a small college team out there, talented at every position.. So congratulations to the red hounds .. And am I understanding correctly when I hear Perry is now the 2 seed as long as we beat williamburg?
(10-21-2023, 09:45 AM)Jet fighter Wrote: Ok. Obviously Perry didn’t want to show Corbin what we had for a possible rematch later haha.  No seriously though, this is how everyone figured it would go, I am though proud of how hard our boys played early and moved the football, we didn’t back down, slone played really good  at QB, Jackson ran ball great early until his injury, prayers for him and Combs , hope for a speedy recovery for both. And there  was just nothing we could do to stop Corbin, they are like looking at a small college team out there, talented at every position.. So congratulations to the red hounds ..  And am I understanding correctly when I hear Perry is now the 2 seed as long as we beat williamburg?

I never really understood the seeding or think I've seen the situation in quite a while. WC defeated PCC, PCC defeated LCC, and LCC defeated WC. Is that what was being discussed last week that RPI would factor in?
(10-21-2023, 09:56 AM)Corbin Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 09:45 AM)Jet fighter Wrote: Ok. Obviously Perry didn’t want to show Corbin what we had for a possible rematch later haha.  No seriously though, this is how everyone figured it would go, I am though proud of how hard our boys played early and moved the football, we didn’t back down, slone played really good  at QB, Jackson ran ball great early until his injury, prayers for him and Combs , hope for a speedy recovery for both. And there  was just nothing we could do to stop Corbin, they are like looking at a small college team out there, talented at every position.. So congratulations to the red hounds ..  And am I understanding correctly when I hear Perry is now the 2 seed as long as we beat williamburg?

I never really understood the seeding or think I've seen the situation in quite a while. WC defeated PCC, PCC defeated LCC, and LCC defeated WC. Is that what was being discussed last week that RPI would factor in?

It's sad that I understand the old system more than I do this one.
RPI factors in 3 things: your win percentage, your opponents win percentage and your opponents' opponents win percentage. On top of that you have a multiplier for what class you play and there's a standard number used for out of state teams.

Every time a game goes final it updates. Before both district games last night, Whitley was ahead of Perry by like a half a point or so. After the games were over Perry dropped around another half point or so and Whitley barely went down. When I woke up this morning Perry was ahead of Whitley by quite a bit and Letcher jumped up.

Right now the count is...
Perry .58599
Whitley .57014
Letcher .56318

Next week Perry plays 1A Williamsburg (winnable game at home, but the 1A class modifier will make this less than ideal)
Whitley plays Madison Southern (Playing up to 5A so this is a great game, especially if you win)
Letcher plays Belfry (Playing down and it's a tough game)

The games themselves probably mean that Whitley has an advantage, but the way stuff updated overnight I would say who knows how it ends up at this point.
(10-21-2023, 09:40 AM)Corbin Wrote: I'm just glad that Corbin has started passing the ball. That brings a whole new dynamic to the offense that has been run first all year long.

I really like Perry's #15. He is an old school style mountain back that just likes to bulldoze. Did he get hurt? I didn't see him in the second half.

I heard it was a hand/arm injury that looked pretty bad, but I'm sure they'll xray it and see where it goes.
The backup runningback had to hop off the field on one foot after a few plays.
That's the one thing you don't want to happen in a game like this.
Perry got fumble crazy again and lost composure. Dixon has them prepared I feel every friday night, they just don’t execute for him. Gonna have to develop some mental toughness. Maybe the undefeated Middle School group at Perry will change things. Perry has a good team and good players right now. Hope they can get things rolling.
Perry has nothing to be ashamed of. This is the result that would happen to 90% of the teams in Kentucky. I think PCC competed well.
Congratulations Corbin
(10-21-2023, 11:20 AM)Corbin Wrote: Perry has nothing to be ashamed of. This is the result that would happen to 90% of the teams in Kentucky. I think PCC competed well.
Classy post.  I said same thing, we knew the outcome would be something like this. But our kids played hard and didn’t back down, we were just outmatched and out manned.  We moved the ball better then I actually thought we would but that Corbin D is stingy man.  We just gotta healthy for Williamsburg and try to win a couple more games.  Good luck to Corbin the rest of the way
(10-21-2023, 11:39 AM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 11:20 AM)Corbin Wrote: Perry has nothing to be ashamed of. This is the result that would happen to 90% of the teams in Kentucky. I think PCC competed well.
Classy post.  I said same thing, we knew the outcome would be something like this. But our kids played hard and didn’t back down, we were just outmatched and out manned.  We moved the ball better then I actually thought we would but that Corbin D is stingy man.  We just gotta healthy for Williamsburg and try to win a couple more games.  Good luck to Corbin the rest of the way
Same to y'all. There is talent out there for the Commodores. The little things are the only thing I would critique last night. I think Williamsburg may be in for a long night come Friday night so long as everyone gets healthy. I don't know how the playoffs shake out but I think you're plenty capable of having a few more games.

Since I mentioned little things, one thing puzzled me last night. PCC had it 4th and about a foot down 13-0 early on at about their own 40-45. They ended up taking a timeout but to me, I would've went hard count to draw Corbin offsides and then take the timeout if Corbin didn't jump. It's a lot easier to coach from the bleachers so I can understand them not doing so, but I would've taken my shot there.
With their fifth shutout of the season Corbin's defense proved they're badder than old King Kong and meaner than a junkyard dog. I know it never feels good to lose like this, but Perry played a game to be proud of and I hope they have a lot of future success.
(10-21-2023, 12:22 PM)Corbin Wrote:
Same to y'all. There is talent out there for the Commodores. The little things are the only thing I would critique last night. I think Williamsburg may be in for a long night come Friday night so long as everyone gets healthy. I don't know how the playoffs shake out but I think you're plenty capable of having a few more games.

Since I mentioned little things, one thing puzzled me last night. PCC had it 4th and about a foot down 13-0 early on at about their own 40-45. They ended up taking a timeout but to me, I would've went hard count to draw Corbin offsides and then take the timeout if Corbin didn't jump. It's a lot easier to coach from the bleachers so I can understand them not doing so, but I would've taken my shot there.
Yes a lot of little things we need to correct.  I did hear some good news, heard Slone our QB may have picked up another offer last night from Union, if that’s true, I think it makes him 3 offers now.  So we have a few kids getting some attention, and I love it..
(10-21-2023, 01:11 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:

Yes a lot of little things we need to correct.  I did hear some good news, heard Slone our QB may have picked up another offer last night from Union, if that’s true, I think it makes him 3 offers now.  So we have a few kids getting some attention, and I love it..
Good. That tickles me to see kids gets offers. He can definitely play at Union. A lot of folks just focus on the D1 offers but to me, an offer to play the s port you love at the next level, is an offer. I'd rather get a free education at a place where I could play than sit the bench at a big school. Gotta think big picture because only about .05% of high school kids make the nfl.
(10-21-2023, 01:23 PM)Corbin Wrote:

Good. That tickles me to see kids gets offers. He can definitely play at Union. A lot of folks just focus on the D1 offers but to me, an offer to play the s port you love at the next level, is an offer. I'd rather get a free education at a place where I could play than sit the bench at a big school. Gotta think big picture because only about .05% of high school kids make the nfl.
I agree.  I still think he’ll end up at Upike burn time will tell
(10-21-2023, 02:00 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 01:23 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 11:39 AM)Jet fighter Wrote: Classy post.  I said same thing, we knew the outcome would be something like this. But our kids played hard and didn’t back down, we were just outmatched and out manned.  We moved the ball better then I actually thought we would but that Corbin D is stingy man.  We just gotta healthy for Williamsburg and try to win a couple more games.  Good luck to Corbin the rest of the way

I agree.  I still think he’ll end up at Upike burn time will tell

Given the two choices, I'd choose UPike but either way, it's a good problem to have.

They really did. Can't remember a game where a team was down that many points late and still playing very hard.
PCC caught us on a good night too. We usually don’t air it out that much. But I liked it. That’s what it’s gonna take to win a title. I like Bailey and his ability, but we ain’t winning the big one with him or Elam running it 60% or more. But like someone else said, I was impressed with some of the sustained drives PCC put together early on. That QB is legit. I saw a lot of good things from PCC. As someone mentioned above, mental toughness or focus killed them. But Dixon knew where to attack and it worked for a while. Good luck to PCC this season. They have some athleticism on that team, and can put up some points with their mixed attack. I really liked their play calling on O.
(10-21-2023, 11:14 PM)Hound05 Wrote: PCC caught us on a good night too. We usually don’t air it out that much. But I liked it. That’s what it’s gonna take to win a title. I like Bailey and his ability, but we ain’t winning the big one with him or Elam running it 60% or more. But like someone else said, I was impressed with some of the sustained drives PCC put together early on. That QB is legit. I saw a lot of good things from PCC. As someone mentioned above, mental toughness or focus killed them. But Dixon knew where to attack and it worked for a while. Good luck to PCC this season. They have some athleticism on that team, and can put up some points with their mixed attack. I really liked their play calling on O.
I agree, you guys have to mix it up to beat a team like Boyle county, but you definitely have the pieces to win the whole thing.. As for us, we have a really good QB, running back, couple nice recievers, but our O line is young, and our defense struggled to stop good teams. We just need baby steps, get a home playoff game hopefully, and then try to win 1    While we don’t have the SEC caliber kids, we do have some next level players, Slone our QB, Kilburn our reciever, Jackson our running back, they all have received some attention and Slone I know has a couple offers , so we are trying to build this program.  I’ve been a Perry guy for many years and I really think we are headed in the right direction.