Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Letcher Central 35 - Whitley County 31
Cougars pull the upset and sets up a 3-way tie in the District for second place.

RPI as it stands is Whitley > Perry >> Letcher.
I don’t see Letcher making up the necessary ground for anything other than last place.

Perry could possibly jump Whitley but ending the season with a 1A team is unfortunate. Perry has a winnable game and that does help them in the RPI, but a lot goes into it. RPI will update every time you play a game, your season’s opponents play a game, and your opponents’ opponents. I think Whitley ends up getting the home game but we’ll see.
So Perry is now the 2 seed?
Hate to see it!
Perry is ahead of Whitley and letcher in the RPI as it stands Guess we will see the outcome Friday.
Congratulations to Letcher Central the only game I thought would go the other way
Congratulations Letcher County Central!!!
(10-21-2023, 01:15 AM)zaga_fan Wrote: Cougars pull the upset and sets up a 3-way tie in the District for second place.

RPI as it stands is Whitley > Perry >> Letcher.
I don’t see Letcher making up the necessary ground for anything other than last place.

Perry could possibly jump Whitley but ending the season with a 1A team is unfortunate. Perry has a winnable game and that does help them in the RPI, but a lot goes into it. RPI will update every time you play a game, your season’s opponents play a game, and your opponents’ opponents. I think Whitley ends up getting the home game but we’ll see.

Wild that it changed and Letcher is ahead of Whitley after I posted this lol 

Just goes to show you, don’t listen to anything I say.
Whitley doesn’t deserve anything better than a 4 seed and a trip to Boyle after the way they played
Letcher has by far the hardest game next week. I don’t know how much that will help their RPI but it should.
Terrible loss for Whitley.
(10-21-2023, 01:24 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Letcher has by far the hardest game next week. I don’t know how much that will help their RPI but it should.

The RPI system is an issue and I think we’re starting to see the issues. The class modifier is an issue because you can play Pikeville and get penalized or play a bad 5A team and get a boost.

Letcher has a win over a bad Virginia team but out of state teams are worth a set amount so it turns into a decent win. The top teams who play the really good teams out of state end up getting their schedule devalued.