Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Betsy Layne
29.17%
Shelby Valley
70.83%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Betsy Layne at Shelby Valley 10/13
Betsy Layne (7-0)
Aug 18, 23 Berea at George Rogers Clark (W) 37 - 0 Clark County Bowl 
Aug 25, 23 Bath County home (W) 47 - 8
Aug 31, 23 Fairview home (W) 43 - 0 Dr. Mike Goble Bowl 
Sep 8, 23 Knott County Central away (W) 50 - 22
Sep 15, 23 Floyd Central home (W) 41 - 8 
Sep 22, 23 Prestonsburg home (W) 33 - 14
Oct 6, 23 East Ridge away (W) 60 - 38

Shelby Valley (4-3)
Aug 18, 23 Letcher County Central home (L) 26 - 36
Aug 25, 23 Lawrence County away (W) 14 - 0  Lawrence County Farm Bureau Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Martin County home (W) 16 - 7
Sep 8, 23 Middlesboro away (W) 50 - 28
Sep 15, 23 Perry County Central home (L) 42 - 58 
Sep 23, 23 Elizabethtown away (L) 27 - 62 
Oct 5, 23 Pike County Central home (W) 47 - 0

Recent History
Oct 16, 1998 Shelby Valley 29 Betsy Layne 0 District Game
Oct 15, 1999 Shelby Valley 61 Betsy Layne 6 District game
Oct 13, 2000 Shelby Valley 14 Betsy Layne 6 (District Game)
Oct 12, 2001 Shelby Valley 68 Betsy Layne 6
Oct 18, 2002 Shelby Valley 66 Betsy Layne 6
Oct 21, 2011 Shelby Valley 63 Betsy Layne 40
Oct 19, 2012 Betsy Layne 40 Shelby Valley 14
Oct 25, 2013 Betsy Layne 31 Shelby Valley 6
Oct 24, 2014 Shelby Valley 46 Betsy Layne 8
Oct 1, 2015 Shelby Valley 56 Betsy Layne 0
Sep 30, 2016 Shelby Valley 61 Betsy Layne 0
Sep 22, 2017 Shelby Valley 42 Betsy Layne 6
Sep 21, 2018 Shelby Valley 50 Betsy Layne 0

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6a6a656543
I accidentally voted for BL but I'm gonna say they meet their match this game. And shelby valley beats them
32-21
Shelby valley is the more tested of the two so ima say SV wins 42-28
Going with Valley
I believe BL will find out what they’re made of this week. 
I’m going to say Valley 46-18
Valley will expose BL.

Valley 48
BL. 12
(10-08-2023, 07:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Betsy Layne (7-0)
Aug 18, 23 Berea at George Rogers Clark (W) 37 - 0 Clark County Bowl 
Aug 25, 23 Bath County home (W) 47 - 8
Aug 31, 23 Fairview home (W) 43 - 0 Dr. Mike Goble Bowl 
Sep 8, 23 Knott County Central away (W) 50 - 22
Sep 15, 23 Floyd Central home (W) 41 - 8 
Sep 22, 23 Prestonsburg home (W) 33 - 14
Oct 6, 23 East Ridge away (W) 60 - 38

Shelby Valley (4-3)
Aug 18, 23 Letcher County Central home (L) 26 - 36
Aug 25, 23 Lawrence County away (W) 14 - 0  Lawrence County Farm Bureau Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Martin County home (W) 16 - 7
Sep 8, 23 Middlesboro away (W) 50 - 28
Sep 15, 23 Perry County Central home (L) 42 - 58 
Sep 23, 23 Elizabethtown away (L) 27 - 62 
Oct 5, 23 Pike County Central home (W) 47 - 0

Wow, I knew that it seemed that Betsy Layne had played a pretty easy schedule.  But I didn't realize just how soft it was until you see it right there in front of you.  Check out their nondistrict opponents' records:

Berea (0-7)
Bath Co (1-6, only win over Fairview)
Fairview (1-7)
Knott Co (2-5, only wins over Jenkins and Phelps)
Floyd Co (4-3)
PBurg (4-3)
Powell County (1-6, only win over Fairview)

That is truly a pathetic schedule.  It is safe to say that the Bobcats have not really been tested yet.  Are they good enough to beat Shelby Valley?  Maybe, but there's really no way of knowing based on that schedule.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
it will be as bad or worse then the pike central game valley will embarass BL
[-] The following 1 user Likes the gambler's post:
  • Hawks101
(10-09-2023, 02:31 PM)the gambler Wrote: it will be as bad or worse then the pike central game  valley will embarass BL

False
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
This game will be hard to call. BL hasn’t played near enough the competition that SV has. Not to mention Valley is better at about every position so this game will not be that difficult to call. Valley 34-BL 18
can never tell match ups has lot to do with it. Sv has alot more weapons. an has played the tougher compition. but can depend on how well they match up. if osborne gets his arm an his receviers goin it will get over quick.but if BL can keep from makeing mistakes flags an fumbles they might pull it out. If sv gets goin It be over with my the third if not might be a good game
Sv-48
BL-14
or
Sv-34
BL-21
Shelby Valley 28
Betsy Layne 16
I saw some score predictions for this game on the Pick'em Contest thread that kinda surprised me.  Like, predictions of Valley losing by not even breaking 20 points.  I do think they could lose this game, just not like that.

Shelby Valley's offense, after a couple of bad games against Lawrence Co and Martin Co, seems to have gotten back on track.  In their last 4 games, they have scored 50, 42, 27, and 47 points.  On the other hand, Betsy Layne just gave up 38 points to East Ridge last week.  I just don't see any reason to think that they will be able to slow down SV's offense in this game.

If Betsy Layne wants to keep this close, they're going to have to score several touchdowns themselves.  And they very well may do that.  The Bobcats have put up lots of points this year, with the low mark being the 33 they scored against Prestonsburg.  Also, Valley's defense has had some issues at times.  The Wildcats did shut out Pike Central last week, but the PC offense has had problems scoring all year.  So I could easily see Betsy Layne scoring enough to keep this one close.

Best case for Valley: their offense keeps rolling, and the defense keeps the positive momentum from last week.  SV wins 41-14.

Best case for Betsy Layne: their offense turns this game into a shootout, and they get the last score.  BL wins 41-34.

Most likely result: BL's offense gets theirs, but Valley's defense makes just enough stops to win (but no blowout).  SV wins 41-28.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes More Cowbell's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(10-10-2023, 01:09 PM)More Cowbell Wrote: I saw some score predictions for this game on the Pick'em Contest thread that kinda surprised me.  Like, predictions of Valley losing by not even breaking 20 points.  I do think they could lose this game, just not like that.

Shelby Valley's offense, after a couple of bad games against Lawrence Co and Martin Co, seems to have gotten back on track.  In their last 4 games, they have scored 50, 42, 27, and 47 points.  On the other hand, Betsy Layne just gave up 38 points to East Ridge last week.  I just don't see any reason to think that they will be able to slow down SV's offense in this game.

If Betsy Layne wants to keep this close, they're going to have to score several touchdowns themselves.  And they very well may do that.  The Bobcats have put up lots of points this year, with the low mark being the 33 they scored against Prestonsburg.  Also, Valley's defense has had some issues at times.  The Wildcats did shut out Pike Central last week, but the PC offense has had problems scoring all year.  So I could easily see Betsy Layne scoring enough to keep this one close.

Best case for Valley: their offense keeps rolling, and the defense keeps the positive momentum from last week.  SV wins 41-14.

Best case for Betsy Layne: their offense turns this game into a shootout, and they get the last score.  BL wins 41-34.

Most likely result: BL's offense gets theirs, but Valley's defense makes just enough stops to win (but no blowout).  SV wins 41-28.

Couldn't agree more...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Valley with a running clock
I’m gonna say Valley wins big
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I would be shocked if this game is close.

Valley - 44
BL- 6
Betsy Layne is capable of making Shelby Valley uncomfortable and keeping this one close, my worry for BL is that they haven’t seen a team as experienced, explosive, or two players as talented as Russ Osborne & Brady Bentley. There isn’t anything BL can throw at a lot of these Valley players that they’ve not ever seen. It also helps that this game is at SV.

For Betsy Layne to win, they’ll need to play their best game yet and force at least 3 turnovers. They’ve got to get pressure on Osborne and try their best to slow down Bentley. Bentley will play everywhere. Backfield, slot, wide, tight, etc. They’re gonna try and confuse BL linebackers and secondary. They’ll target him enough to where BL will forget about Fields, Cook, and Johnson and one of them will bite you when you least expect it. Valley is going to want to start fast and try and force you into a track meet, if I’m a Bobcat fan, I’m worried my coaches probably think this favors them. It does not. BL’s best chance at winning this game is ground and pound. Run the ball, eliminate SV possessions by using clock, and play smart defense. Make Valley earn every yard.

My best guess is Valley is licking their chops. BL struggled vs East Ridge, gave up 38 points to a team that was averaging 20 ppg. They’re going to be fired up because a lot of polls have Betsy Layne ranked ahead, BL is undefeated, and they’ll want to remind everyone in EKY they’re the best team around in 2A.

Could be a good game, but I think Betsy Layne peaked too early and the weak schedule shows up in a game like this.

Wildcats win, 48-22.
I agree with everything you said, but I ate enough crow downing Rockcastle co weak schedule. Hoping for a Betsy Lane win, but it will take BL playing at they're near best, or SV playing very poorly. I know the odds are probably against it, but I'm taking BL . I mean someone has to. Everybody taking SV. Lol
Shelby Valley 41-27
(10-13-2023, 03:33 AM)Foozeball23 Wrote: I agree with everything you said, but I ate enough crow downing Rockcastle co weak schedule. Hoping for a Betsy Lane win, but it will take BL playing at they're near best, or SV playing very poorly. I know the odds are probably against it, but I'm taking BL . I mean someone has to. Everybody taking SV. Lol

Not me. I’m taking the Bobcats. A lot of folks talking about Valley’s best two players. McCutchin and Williams for Betsy Layne are just as good of playmakers. Then you sprinkle in Isiah Allen and Landon Howell on top of that.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
Would love to see Betsy Layne win this and I think they would have a good chance playing at home, but afraid SV will be too much at Valley. BL should throw the kitchen sink at the QB and force someone else to beat them. Win or lose they will finally be playing someone who will expose their weaknesses and help them prepare for a playoff run. Go Bobcats.

My prediction SV 37 BL 21 hope I'm wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
(10-13-2023, 09:37 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 03:33 AM)Foozeball23 Wrote: I agree with everything you said, but I ate enough crow downing Rockcastle co weak schedule. Hoping for a Betsy Lane win, but it will take BL playing at they're near best, or SV playing very poorly. I know the odds are probably against it, but I'm taking BL . I mean someone has to. Everybody taking SV. Lol

Not me. I’m taking the Bobcats. A lot of folks talking about Valley’s best two players. McCutchin and Williams for Betsy Layne are just as good of playmakers. Then you sprinkle in Isiah Allen and Landon Howell on top of that.

I mean, Valley has more than just Osborne and Bentley.  Those two get all the pub, but there are other guys who can beat you, too.  JohnLuke Fields has 18 catches on the year, Jesse Cook has 14, and Kolton Stamper has 13.  On the rushing side, Brett Sturgill has rushed for almost 300 yards.  SV isn't just a two-man show.

That said, I agree that the Bobcats have enough offensive firepower to keep things close.  The question is, can their defense slow down the explosive Wildcat offense?  Looking at their schedule, they haven't seen anything like it all season.  I would be surprised if they keep SV under 40 points.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Only way BL has a chance is if they can turn this one into a shootout..... and I think they will.
Boyle County
Breathitt County
Green County
Highlands
Perry County Central
DuPont Manual
Boyd County
North Laurel
Scott County
Knox Central

Game of the Week

Shelby Valley 28
Betsy Layne 21
Shelby Valley 42
Betsy Layne 14

With that said good luck Betsy Layne
Lots of people on here say they're rooting for Betsy Layne.  Apparently no love for the Wildcats...  Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
with respect to valley itd be nice to see betsy layne get a big win... go bobcats! where can i watch this game and if you say d&d i hope wprg or wymt has it too....
(10-13-2023, 05:27 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: with respect to valley itd be nice to see betsy layne get a big win... go bobcats! where can i watch this game and if you say d&d i hope wprg or wymt has it too....
Just D&D
#BBFL
(10-13-2023, 02:52 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Only way BL has a chance is if they can turn this one into a shootout..... and I think they will.

I disagree.  I haven't watched a full game from either team, but I did have an opportunity to watch some highlights from a few games from both teams.  I think Betsy Layne's best chance is to slow the game down.  Milk the clock for every second on every play.

But what do I know about football?
Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • TheStickyBandit