7th Corbin 34 VS Harlan 6
6th Somerset 46 VS Williamsburg 8
8D2 Georgetown 30 VS Shelby East 20
6th Letcher Central 36 VS Pike Central 16
6th Pikeville 28 VS Magoffin Co 8
6th North Laurel 22 VS Whitley Co 8
8D1 South Laurel 44 VS North Laurel 0

Raceland 48 Frankfort 0

Raceland 7th played the 4th quarter scoring 1 TD and giving up 0.
Perry Middle 8 Northern Pulaski 0
Anyone have any info on the Oldham Co game and why they were forced to forfeit?
Magoffin 38
Adams (Pburg) 14
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Did they really make Oldham County forfeit after they were stuck on the interstate when it was shut down?

What a joke. The association should be ashamed of itself.
That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Surely there is more to the story.
I guess all roads don’t go through North Pulaski this year.
(10-15-2023, 03:46 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Surely there is more to the story.

There always is.
KYMSFA has been roasted for 3 days now in the comments on their facebook page re: the Oldham Co. forfeit. A rep replied to a couple comments today. Didn't give any explanation, but said a "statement" would be released. I have no idea what really happened, but the KYMSFA has handled this poorly regardless.
(10-17-2023, 11:44 AM)Harry Dawg Wrote: KYMSFA has been roasted for 3 days now in the comments on their facebook page re: the Oldham Co. forfeit.  A rep replied to a couple comments today.  Didn't give any explanation, but said a "statement" would be released.  I have no idea what really happened, but the KYMSFA has handled this poorly regardless.
After reading their statement…it seems the  association did all they could. Tried facilitating alternate dates, trying to secure officials, etc etc.  It was essentially out of their hands when the two schools couldn’t come up with a workable make up date.   They did impose the safety issue with trying to play multiple games in a very shortened time window…..which is understandable.   Still an unfortunate situation.
looks to me like one school tried to fix the situation and the other said we'll take the forfeit W....... there's a whole lot of officials and a whole lot of football fields in this state......
(10-17-2023, 11:47 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: looks to me like one school tried to fix the situation and the other said we'll take the forfeit W....... there's a whole lot of officials and a whole lot of football fields in this state......
Not really that many officials, that is why you see so many Thursday games. KHSAA even put out a memo to try to get teams to schedule playoff games on Thursday for the opening week. A lot of the ones that officiate on Friday night turn around and do JV on Saturdays. Some choose to only do varsity games. Others, do college games on Saturday.
scores from 10/19

10-19

Breathitt Middle 53
Middlesboro Middle-14

Bobcats firing on all cylinders!!!
Damn. Raceland blown out by CAL. The Centurions have dudes all over the place. But their QB is one of the best I’ve seen in awhile at this age level. Extremely well coached team as well. Good luck to them the rest of the way. The Mountain teams had my attention all year, but in D3 you are goina need to keep CAL and LCA offenses off the field in order to win.
Perry 32 South Laurel 8
Scores from today

Hazard vs Belfry predictions?
(10-22-2023, 01:57 PM)Rambo4 Wrote: Hazard vs Belfry predictions?

Can either of them beat Owensboro Catholic or Campbellsville?  What about CAL or LCA?   Somerset or Breathitt?

Best final 8 in a division in a long time.
It’s on a neutral field. I’m going with Hazard.
Updated Brackets

I’ve seen CAL and I’ve seen Hazard. Both thumped Raceland and it was never in doubt. CAL was one of the best coached teams I’ve seen in awhile. Very disciplined and have athletes everywhere. I was told LCA beat them by 3 scores in the regular season. I’ve also seen Belfry play. Belfry has the ability to grind the game out against CAL should they meet. But I walked away being more impressed by CAL than any other of the “contenders” I’ve seen this year.
it's embarrassing how much plantmanky hates eastern kentucky teams
which is crazy considering eky feeds his big ass
Depends on few variables? If Belfry has success on ground and pound and can use their offense as the their defense and able complete drives this will be close game. But If Hazard jumps on them early due to silly penalties and scores quickly and makes stop or two they win by 3/4 tds. Hazard D line been good all year but you have be disciplined up front to beat Belfry and make stops. Should be interesting game.
Bulldawgs goin Pirate hunting gonna throw them off the ship
Good Luck to all of the teams playing in their respective Regional Championships, especially Louisa, JC, Pikeville 6th, and Hazard.
Congrats Pikeville 6th, Hazard, JC and Breathitt on their region championships.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-29-2023, 12:02 AM)Redneck Wrote: Congrats Pikeville 6th, Hazard, JC and Breathitt on their region championships.

Pikeville 6th playing Mayfield in the semis, very cool for the young guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Redneck