Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
83.33%
Pike County Central
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central at Shelby Valley 10/5 Thursday Night Game
Pike County Central (5-1)
Aug 18, 23 West Carter home (W) 20 - 10 
Aug 25, 23 Martin County at Belfry (W) 9 - 6 Pike County Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Harlan home (W) 14 - 2 
Sep 8, 23 Powell County away (W) 27 - 24 
Sep 15, 23 Prestonsburg home (L) 7 - 13 
Sep 22, 23 Floyd Central away (W) 28 - 18

Shelby Valley (3-3)
Aug 18, 23 Letcher County Central home (L) 26 - 36 
Aug 25, 23 Lawrence County away (W) 14 - 0 Lawrence County Farm Bureau Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Martin County home (W) 16 - 7 
Sep 8, 23 Middlesboro away (W) 50 - 28 
Sep 15, 23 Perry County Central home (L) 42 - 58 
Sep 23, 23 Elizabethtown away (L) 27 - 62

Recent History
Sep 18, 1998 Pike County Central 20 Shelby Valley 12
Sep 17, 1999 Shelby Valley 27 Pike County Central 6 District game
Sep 15, 2000 Pike County Central 18 Shelby Valley 0 (District Game)
Sep 15, 2001 Pike County Central 27 Shelby Valley 13
Sep 20, 2002 Pike County Central 38 Shelby Valley 20
Sep 19, 2003 Shelby Valley 63 Pike County Central 12
Aug 20, 2004 Pike County Central 44 Shelby Valley 38
Sep 16, 2005 Shelby Valley 36 Pike County Central 22
Sep 16, 2006 Shelby Valley 12 Pike County Central 6
Aug 25, 2007 Shelby Valley 34 Pike County Central 12
Aug 29, 2009 Shelby Valley 35 Pike County Central 13
Sep 10, 2010 Pike County Central 63 Shelby Valley 18
Sep 9, 2011 Pike County Central 54 Shelby Valley 12
Sep 7, 2012 Pike County Central 41 Shelby Valley 28
Aug 29, 2015 Shelby Valley 34 Pike County Central 32
Aug 27, 2016 Pike County Central 35 Shelby Valley 10
Aug 26, 2017 Pike County Central 36 Shelby Valley 6
Aug 25, 2018 Shelby Valley 43 Pike County Central 35 (double overtime)
Aug 31, 2019 Shelby Valley 12 Pike County Central 7
Aug 28, 2021 Shelby Valley 59 Pike County Central 32
Aug 27, 2022 Shelby Valley 59 Pike County Central 7

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
Coin Toss

[Image: https://bestanimations.com/Money/Coins/f...-gif-1.gif]
No Shelby Valley will win this one pretty convincingly
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Shelby Valley has given up an Enormous amount of points the last 3 games. I believe 148 I saw. Pike Central has had its problems scoring points this Season but the last game they finally looked to have found some things that work. The Hawks Defense is where they really shine. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks Win this one. Closer than many think.
Shelby Valley big, big, big and bigger!!!
Pike Central said for years if they could get out of district with Belfry and go to 2A they’d win their district. Well Friday night we will see. They have their chance against Betsy Layne and SV coming up
Going Valley
(10-01-2023, 12:30 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pike Central said for years if they could get out of district with Belfry and go to 2A they’d win their district. Well Friday night we will see. They have their chance against Betsy Layne and SV coming up

Maybe in the past. But this year is Betsy Layne and Shelby’s Valleys to lose.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Valley will win big. Valley strength of schedule had them battle tested and will have them firing on all cylinders. I think they should run through their district this year with no one close them.
(10-02-2023, 09:21 AM)devils88 Wrote: Valley will win big. Valley strength of schedule had them battle tested and will have them firing on all cylinders. I think they should run through their district this year with no one close them.

Betsy Layne will Win the District.
I honestly have no idea what to expect out of this game.  If you had asked me before the season, I would expected Valley to roll by around 3-4 touchdowns.  But PC seems to be a bit better than what everybody thought, while Valley has been a disappointment.  

The big question is, what happened to SV's defense?  After a so-so performance against Letcher, the Wildcats held Lawrence scoreless, then only allowed 7 to Martin Co.  Another so-so game against Middlesboro only hinted at what was to come next.  Valley was unable to slow down Perry Central's offense, giving up 58 points in a shootout. Then the bottom fell out in their last game, giving up 62 points in an embarrassing loss to previously winless ETown.  There are some serious problems for the Wildcat defense right now.

Valley's offense, on the other hand, has been just as inconsistent.  This team should be scoring 30+ points every week, but it hasn't seemed to gel for the offense just yet.  However, with all the talent on that side of the ball, the potential is there every week to put up a bunch of points.  Hopefully they can find some consistency there.

As for this game, you can't really look at their respective records.  Pike Central may be 5-1, but their schedule has been relatively weak.  They do have a 3 point victory over Martin Co, but also have an ugly loss to PBurg.  Meanwhile, Shelby Valley is 3-3 including a win over Martin Co, but also wins over Lawrence Co and Middlesboro.  The blowout loss to ETown looks pretty bad, though.

In the end, I predict that PC won't be able to stop Valley's passing attack, and the Cats will make enough defensive stops to win.

Valley 33-21
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes More Cowbell's post:
  • Spud6
I'm so glad that this is a Thursday Night game. I'm ready for some Football. One more day.
Shelby Valley should win this one handily, battle for a district title next week when BL comes to town

SV 42
PCC 17
Shelby Valley up 14-0

3:40 1st quarter

[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Spud6
pike centrals offense has been bad all year now theyre showing the weakness of the defense
I don't know if this is SV's normal game plan. But they are up 26-0 in the 1st quarter and have kicked two onside kicks.
#BBFL
Shelby Valley 35
Pike Central 0

End of 1st quarter

That could easily be the worst quarter of football that I have ever watched a team play
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!
Anybody that has watched these 2 teams knew it’d been valley big. The 2 local media polls had Pike Central above valley. Barely beating sisters of the poor every week shouldn’t get you ranked but hey at least PC will beat you in 5th grade football. Going to 2A didn’t help them any. Valley beating them just as bad as Belfry did
41-0 at the half. 

Been a running clock the last 8 minutes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(10-05-2023, 09:34 PM)More Cowbell Wrote: 41-0 at the half. 

Do you all always kick onside kicks after every TD?
#BBFL
Betsy Layne and Shelby Valley will be a good game I believe. Where is that game and when?
(10-05-2023, 09:37 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 09:34 PM)More Cowbell Wrote: 41-0 at the half. 

Do you all always kick onside kicks after every TD?

Not sure. First game I’ve seen in person this year.

But they’ve done that a lot over the years. No idea why.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(10-05-2023, 09:45 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Betsy Layne and Shelby Valley will be a good game I believe. Where is that game and when?

Next week at Valley

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes More Cowbell's post:
  • Spud6
(10-05-2023, 09:45 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Betsy Layne and Shelby Valley will be a good game I believe. Where is that game and when?

Next week at Shelby Valley
#BBFL
Shelby valley is a good team you cant let there record fool you they have played some good teams . yea pike central has played lesser team's. but them lesser teams was beating pike central with running clocks before the john paul era and after him until 2019 and after so id say its good they can do.

(10-05-2023, 09:24 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Anybody that has watched these 2 teams knew it’d been valley big. The 2 local media polls had Pike Central above valley.  Barely beating sisters of the poor every week shouldn’t get you ranked but hey at least PC will beat you in 5th grade football. Going to 2A didn’t help them any. Valley beating them just as bad as Belfry did
The valley & pike central series is different than pc an belfry.

mint to say its good they can do that but agree with playing better compitention as well.

Ive watched both valley an betsy layne in person.. an i think valley will handle betsy layne. check there schedules an compare at the compition