Poll: Madison Central vs. Frederick Douglass
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Madison Central
0%
Frederick Douglass
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Central at Frederick Douglass 10/6
The Indians of Madison Central travel to "The Farm" to take on the Broncos of Frederick Douglass. This is the first district game for both teams. The Indians are 2-5, but they have won their last two in a row over Great Crossing and Pulaski Co. The Broncos are 2-3 and have a losing record for the first time in school history after the first game of a season. These two have played twice in school history back in 2017 and 2018 when both teams were in the same district in 6A. The Broncos won both of those games 25-15 in 2017 and 42-7 in 2018.

This game should be all Frederick Douglass as they just have to much talent for Madison Central. The Broncos will still have Jaxon Strautman at QB as it looks for the rest of the season as projected QB senior Cole Carpenter has had elbow surgery last week. Gametime is 7:30. The game will be on the NHSF Network and I am not sure as of now of any other outlets that will be carrying the game.
Freddy big time
Fred should win this one pretty convincingly
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Douglass by as much as they want.
Smile Frederick Douglass takes care of business at home...

[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/w24UcZUu1K.../giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rip/Spin
To heck with Freddy D…they will win this game easy, but they are what’s wrong with high school sports…half their roster isn’t even in their district. I know there are many schools like this across the state, but it doesn’t make it any less sickening.
(10-01-2023, 11:16 PM)FarristownFlyer Wrote: To heck with Freddy D…they will win this game easy, but they are what’s wrong with high school sports…half their roster isn’t even in their district. I know there are many schools like this across the state, but it doesn’t make it any less sickening.

That is hilarious.
(10-01-2023, 11:16 PM)FarristownFlyer Wrote: To heck with Freddy D…they will win this game easy, but they are what’s wrong with high school sports…half their roster isn’t even in their district. I know there are many schools like this across the state, but it doesn’t make it any less sickening.

When you say not in district, do you mean as in not in Fayette county  or don't live in the dorms across from the school?
(10-02-2023, 12:15 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

When you say not in district, do you mean as in not in Fayette county  or don't live in the dorms across from the school?

All of the above!
(10-02-2023, 08:04 PM)FarristownFlyer Wrote:

All of the above!

After what has happened in other schools this year and the KHSAA pitching in to do their part to help Coach Stoops…..let’s all quit whining about recruiting and just let it be.

Until schools drop out of the KHSAA and form a new governance body; there are no rules and there is no enforcement.  Rules for thee but not for me!

Why KY doesn’t have the guts to drain the swamp is beyond me.
(10-02-2023, 09:19 PM)ROTC Wrote:

All of the above!

After what has happened in other schools this year and the KHSAA pitching in to do their part to help Coach Stoops…..let’s all quit whining about recruiting and just let it be.

Until schools drop out of the KHSAA and form a new governance body; there are no rules and there is no enforcement.  Rules for thee but not for me!

Here is the bigger issue you and others fail to see.  Every time this issue goes to a legal battle, KHSAA loses, ie, the rules are found to be invalid.  If the rules at current are invalid, then how would a new governance body make any difference, if legally they don't apply and are invalid?
Lots of losers jealous of winners like Douglass !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(10-03-2023, 10:17 AM)plantmanky Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 09:19 PM)ROTC Wrote:

All of the above!

Here is the bigger issue you and others fail to see.  Every time this issue goes to a legal battle, KHSAA loses, ie, the rules are found to be invalid.  If the rules at current are invalid, then how would a new governance body make any difference, if legally they don't apply and are invalid?

Honestly, I’m not knowledgeable about court cases involving the KHSAA and enforcement of its rules.  So, I don’t know how that has played out down through the years.  I do think if people get these cases moved to local courts; the old judge over in Fansville isn’t gonna rule against the magistrate’s son leaving Fan City Independent and going to play at Fan Co. High.  He doesn’t want extra political enemies in the next election.  So maybe these cases would need to be reviewed 150 miles away by non-partisans.

I believe in freedom and the rights of people to do what they want.  I just hate to see some schools “hamstrung” by following the rules while others blatantly disregard them.

And then there is this…. should the tax dollars of parents whose kids don’t play sports be spent to educate and fund extra curricular participation for kids that aren’t living in and supporting the district through their payment of taxes.

I don’t think anyone is jealous of winners.  But most people resent the use of cheating and privilege and cronyism to get ahead.

To my knowledge Frederick Douglass acts within the rules of FCPS. And as I have said on another thread- they are a model program for promotion of their student athletes and working to get kids looked at by colleges.

What would be cool would be to ABOLISH public schools’ guaranteed support with tax dollars and REMOVE local school boards’ right to levy unconstitutional taxes.

Schools could then make a business model and advertise their prices and the public could decide where they want to send their kids to school and play ball for!!!

Then, all these debates would go away, and we could argue about something else???

Back on topic: Douglass 48-Central 7.
(10-03-2023, 10:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Lots of losers jealous of winners like Douglass !!!

Not jealousy. Just sucks because we know of 3 places that had kids playing together from 6 years old until 9th or 10th grade. For whatever reason kids and parents got feelings hurt because something didn’t go their way so they left and took 3 or more kids with them only to leave behind a group of kids who couldn’t or didn’t want to leave and left a program to struggle. Yes Douglas has been a power school from day one, but at the cost of hurting other schools, districts, or areas. Lexington itself only has maybe 2 other decent public school teams (that’s sad). So no jealous losers here. It just sucks that small town/community teams that could be competitive lose out.
Douglass leads 14-0 with still over 9 minutes left in the first quarter.

Douglass leads 22-0 after the first quarter.

Another Bronco touchdown this one by sophomore running back Tay Tay Allen on a 75 yard run and he also gets the two point conversion to make it now 30-0 Douglass with still 9:13 left in the 2nd quarter.

Douglass scores again on a 15 yard pass from Strautman to Chenualt the extra point is good to make it 37-0 and we a have a running clock with 8:58 left in the 2nd quarter.

Douglass now leads 43-0 with 4:32 left in the 2nd quarter.

Madison Central gets on the board as time runs out in the first half. Douglass leads 44-7 at the half.