Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 42 Breathitt County 21
Final from the riverbank in Jackson.  The Bobcats had no answer for Kam Hughes, who had all 6 Somerset touchdowns.  Breathitt just doesn't have much team speed and couldn't keep up.  I thought they ran the ball pretty well out of the wishbone, but their defense just couldn't get stops.
Man Breathitt has not been what folks advertised this off-season
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Breathitt is at an all time low!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waaaazoooooo's post:
  • AverageJoe
NOOOO! The all-time low was in 1991. Finished 1-9 and beat Knott on a last second score. BUT- they are a major disappointment from what MOST expected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Somerset playing really good ball right now.
Somerset mediocre at best. Breathitt is just that bad

(09-30-2023, 12:41 AM)ROTC Wrote: NOOOO!  The all-time low was in 1991.  Finished 1-9 and beat Knott on a last second score.  BUT- they are a major disappointment from what MOST expected.
 Breathitt has two wins this year!!!!
You make my point. Already, this is not an ALL TIME LOW!!!

All time means- ALL TIME.

Breathitt will win 2 maybe three more regular season games. They will have at least four wins.
Breathitt more than likely wins out the rest of the way. Their best defender was out last night. Would he have stopped the Hughes kid alone, probably not. Hughes did whatever he wanted to last night. Breathitt was there, but they never tackled him. I think one play he broke about 4 tackles. He got hit multiple times at the LOS but they couldn’t make the play. Offense of Breathitt looked better. They just have to find ways to get those little fast guys the ball. Id really like to see the Turner kid and the Hollan kid getting atleast 10 touches a game. Bowling in backfield looked good also for Breathitt. I’ve seen the lows of Breathitt football as Rebel said. Mike Holcomb even went 1-9 and had a couple losing seasons.
Another bad loss for the Bobcats.
The loss of tincher and Sperry makes an already bad team even worse. I would like to see the official total of how many broken tackles and YAC Hughes had. Heck of a player.
I thought Bowling looked good for Breathitt but another poor performance.
No the program is not at an all-time low BUT it's hard to remember a team that has been this big of a disappoint. Considering the blowout losses, stupid penalties, poor coaching, top players quitting etc it has been embarrassing.
Such a disappointment this season
(09-29-2023, 11:52 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Man Breathitt has not been what folks advertised this off-season

Big Grin never are..
[-] The following 1 user Likes FallRock's post:
  • Walt Longmire
Who all has quit the team?
Congratulations Somerset!!
Sperry leave the team?
Why is everything so hush hush?
(09-30-2023, 05:00 PM)RTruth Wrote: Sperry leave the team?
Guess he won’t get the all time career receiving yards record at Breathitt.
Well, at some high schools- if a great two sport athlete doesn’t want to go to a class….he doesn’t have to. He gets to go to a different room and just sit. It teaches quitting!! Young people need to learn from productive struggle sometimes.
(09-30-2023, 08:35 PM)hs athletics fan Wrote:
Ha. Always next year I guess? Saw where he was in Northern Kentucky this morning picking up another D1 offer from Northern Kentucky University. Hard to figure what's going on with Breathitt football but hopefully they can pull things together.
(09-30-2023, 11:32 PM)Jj Slim one Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 08:35 PM)hs athletics fan Wrote:
Ha. Always next year I guess? Saw where he was in Northern Kentucky this morning picking up another D1 offer from Northern Kentucky University. Hard to figure what's going on with Breathitt football but hopefully they can pull things together.
Hopefully so, he’s a great talent on the field and on the court. Seems like Breathitt threw the ball more this week without him which is mind boggling to me. One of the best receivers around and he has hardly any impact at all. Kid should’ve had way more targets.
(09-30-2023, 09:51 AM)Oldschool86 Wrote: Breathitt more than likely wins out the rest of the way. Their best defender was out last night. Would he have stopped the Hughes kid alone, probably not. Hughes did whatever he wanted to last night. Breathitt was there, but they never tackled him. I think one play he broke about 4 tackles. He got hit multiple times at the LOS but they couldn’t make the play. Offense of Breathitt looked better. They just have to find ways to get those little fast guys the ball. Id really like to see the Turner kid and the Hollan kid getting atleast 10 touches a game. Bowling in backfield looked good also for Breathitt. I’ve seen the lows of Breathitt football as Rebel said. Mike Holcomb even went 1-9 and had a couple losing seasons.
Breathitt team speed Is slow they have good size and are strong but slow. They did have the Gibson kid looked good. I think in a couple of years they can be pretty good. I knew at the beginning of the year Breathitt was going to struggle. They are going through the same thing Somerset went through a couple years ago after they lost Kia sheron. You bring in a new QB with no game experience and it usually never ends well. When you have a QB that plays every snap for 3-4 years and then try to throw somebody in the meat grinder. I think Breathitt could have been better served going with a young QB this year and got him some experience it would have paid off in the long run. I have heard they have a pretty good young kid . Now it’s gonna be a another year before he can be really effective. I am a big believer in speed over size I realize you have to have both but speed will win just about every time. That being said Breathitt has good size they should work exclusively on speed training in the off season. Breathitt ran the ball good they just can’t throw it but all that being said they can be a dangerous team come playoff time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buford T Justice's post:
  • Westside
Tincher and Sperry quit after the LCC game is what I was told. Neither suited up Friday.
Those are easily 2 of their best 5 or 6 players. Tincher was good on both sides of the balland while Sperry wouldn't getting ball he still had to be schemed for. If those 2 are not ba k that is a huge loss
(10-02-2023, 03:15 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Tincher and Sperry quit after the LCC game is what I was told. Neither suited up Friday.
Those are easily 2 of their best 5 or 6 players. Tincher was good on both sides of the balland while Sperry wouldn't getting ball he still had to be schemed for. If those 2 are not ba k that is a huge loss
Tincher was on the sideline with jersey and jeans on Friday night I heard he quit and I would say he
Decided to come back and coach made him set out that’s just my guess. I didn’t see sperry.
Tincher quit then changed his mind but had been tossed from the previous game so had to set out one. Sperry in the stands. All second hand but probably right.