Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 14 Lawrence County 6
Final
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
What a ball game
Congrats Belfry on the win
Lc was closer that most thought!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for the dawgs!
The Dawgs had some chances but looked off tonight. QB made some throws that he needed to make.

Def from Bel had something to do with it.
Belfry let Lawrence hang around with four turnovers and the Bulldogs nearly bit them. LC played much better in the second Half and got key stops but had their last two drives die in Belfry territory.
Despite the score….Belfry dominated this game from the jump. However 4 costly turnovers…..kept LC in the game….but Belfry’s defense was simply too much.

Curious as to why Young didn’t carry the ball anymore after the 2nd qtr for the Pirates.

Belfry’s offense was as vanilla as I’ve seen it in the past several years. Varney’s return to the QB spot was a bright spot….but definitely shaking off the rust of the injury and missed time.
belfry has to learn to play the last 2 quarters of a game
Congrats belfry.. Lc had a awful bad night but still managed to hold it within a score.

Pretty good hold considering "LC HAVE SUCH A WEAK SCHEDULE"

Belfry was the much better team, take this game as a learning curve tonight days and continue onto next week.
Sloppy play with the ball is a great equalizer. I’m glad y’all finally admitted LC plays a weak as water schedule.
They about beat Belfry and you are saying they play a weak as water schedule? Or am I missing the joke?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations Pirates!
(09-29-2023, 11:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: They about beat Belfry and you are saying they play a weak as water schedule? Or am I missing the joke?
Almost winning is called losing
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • jetpilot
Still managing to compete well is a understatement. Both teams had sloppy ball playing tonight
Congratulations Belfry but I didn’t go but listened on the radio and it seem like to me neither team wanted to win both I think had turnovers
(09-29-2023, 11:12 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 11:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: They about beat Belfry and you are saying they play a weak as water schedule? Or am I missing the joke?
Almost winning is called losing
That's right it is haha.
There is no joke.  Belfry didn’t play well offensively.  And despite the dominating effort on the defensive side of the ball…..when you turn it over 4 times….it serves as an equalizer.   And yes LC has historically played a weak schedule….and still does.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • jetpilot
Got to watch this one tonight since Pikeville was open.

Belfry has no offensive identity.

They are also extremely tiny on defense and that’s why they struggle in the 2nd half of games.
(09-29-2023, 11:18 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
There is no joke.  Belfry didn’t play well offensively.  And despite the dominating effort on the defensive side of the ball…..when you turn it over 4 times….it serves as an equalizer.   And yes LC has historically played a weak schedule….and still does.
Equalization works 2 ways with LC having 3 sloppy turnover in first half, 2 of which belfry scored off of. The 2 great plays Belfry played was the final nail for them touchdowns of course
So who cares about a weak schedule right? When it comes to a dominating team like the pirates they still manage to atleast compete
congrats to Lawrence for their participation in tonights game!! is everyone happy now??
(09-29-2023, 11:24 PM)ISenters_93 Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 11:18 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Equalization works 2 ways with LC having 3 sloppy turnover in first half, 2 of which belfry scored off of. The 2 great plays Belfry played was the final nail for them touchdowns of course
So who cares about a weak schedule right? When it comes to a dominating team like the pirates they still manage to atleast compete
you see it one way….and that’s fine.   I havent posted anything that isn’t the truth.     LC has a lot of freshman…. And should have a promising future.  We’ll just have to see how they develop.

(09-29-2023, 11:21 PM)RTruth Wrote: Got to watch this one tonight since Pikeville was open.

Belfry has no offensive identity.

They are also extremely tiny on defense and that’s why they struggle in the 2nd half of games.
I agree 100%.  Belfry’s play calling was honestly very poor tonight.  3rd and 1 in the first quarter at the 11….and Belfry is passing?  Headscratcher for sure.
(09-29-2023, 11:30 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: congrats to Lawrence for their participation in tonights game!! is everyone happy now??
Thanks man. Hell yea we are lol
Hats off to the Belfry defense. They were very solid. They substitute situationally well, Queen got off the ball well, Woolum was a dependable safety who kept things in front of him.
Dre Young was the difference on the Pirates’ defensive edge. He regularly brought good pressure.
He also had some really good yards after contact in the second quarter to propel the offense.
Like Outlaw Josey, I felt like Belfry was physically dominant until about the 7 minute mark in the third. Then LC had a lot of defensive momentum and were causing some problems offensively.
Before I hit the bed, I have to say that I was impressed with courageous efforts from Young and Varney. Both were favoring injuries but gutted it out. Woolum is a terrific all around player and just changes the pace of things for them.
I’ll also say LC’s schedule isn’t stellar, but given how many pups play big roles right now, it is about what it ought to be. And given the givens, it seems like the Bulldogs weren’t hurt by not playing great teams early. They went into Pond Creek and nearly swiped one.
Good game, and hope and pray 75 is ok and gets to play soon.
[-] The following 2 users Like dbcooper's post:
  • Granny Bear, jetpilot
Good analysis and LC will be better each year going forward
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • dbcooper
Like I said I didn’t attend the game but from listening to the broadcast crew LC definitely won the second half and LC is going to be a team to deal with in the future and maybe make a good run this year and Belfry keeps lay the ball on the turf they aren’t going anywhere but good luck to both teams and I say they will probably see each other again maybe
Congratulations Belfry
I'm a fan of both programs.  It sounded like a dandy.  Congrats to the Pirates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jetpilot
I disagree with the poster who said Belfry dominated. They had some success running in the first half, but their scoring plays were great individual efforts by Young and Woolum. LC didn’t play assignment sound in the first half and it hurt them. Second half I thought LC won the line of scrimmage on both sides for the most part. They moved the football well at times but couldn’t convert 3rd/4th and short to sustain drives. That plagued them all night.

Offensively, the mistakes LC has been making all year came back to bite them. Penalties, fumbles, and failure to execute in the passing game.

Honestly, the difference in the game may have been execution in the passing game. Belfry had some big plays there. It’s obviously a bigger part of LC’s offense, and they just didn’t get it done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Harry Dawg's post:
  • dbcooper
(09-30-2023, 09:49 AM)Harry Dawg Wrote: I disagree with the poster who said Belfry dominated. They had some success running in the first half, but their scoring plays were great individual efforts by Young and Woolum. LC didn’t play assignment sound in the first half and it hurt them. Second half I thought LC won the line of scrimmage on both sides for the most part. They moved the football well at times but couldn’t convert 3rd/4th and short to sustain drives. That plagued them all night.

Offensively, the mistakes LC has been making all year came back to bite them. Penalties, fumbles, and failure to execute in the passing game.

Honestly, the difference in the game may have been execution in the passing game. Belfry had some big plays there. It’s obviously a bigger part of LC’s offense, and they just didn’t get it done.
Belfy was the better team tonight. Did not dominate Lawrence. Won all the stats needed. Overcame 4 turnovers. Lawrence did have several chances to pull out the win but didn’t. If paths cross again could very well be different. But in this game Belfry was just better. Nothing against Lawrence they are a good team. This and Shelby Valley loss will hurt thier RPI and if meet again probably take place again at Belfry. Record in last 20 games is Belfry 19 wins with only 1 loss. So odds are still against LC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • dbcooper
Belfry’s defense held LC to 133 total yards of offense on 63 plays. Little over 2.0 years per play…..hmmm.
Superlative job by the Belfry defense. In the second half, LCs defense was very strong also.
Belfry was certainly better last night, but the Bulldogs have closed the gap for sure and will only get better as jetpilot noted. Good luck to the Pirates from here!
These two could very well meet again come playoff time.