Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 34 Johnson Central 6
(10-02-2023, 12:15 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:03 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 11:17 PM)goldenboy43 Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 10:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 12:08 PM)goldenboy43 Wrote: Game was closer than this. Probably the worst officiating i have seen this year. I have the film and can post the links to some of the penalties that Johnson Central received, a couple were completely bogus. Just a mutual fan but the Corbin hype gets annoying. They are very overrated.

Johnson Central is annoying, weak and mediocre at best Smile
in the last 10 years Johnson central has more wins, more state championship appearances, and more state championships. Weak is probably the worst word to use. Corbin without the transfers each year (twins, guy Bailey) would be average. Let just Corbin kids play against just Johnson central kids and see the outcome, and Corbin should be very thankful that Zack maccourt is out for the year. Johnson central 3rd best running back ran 10-12 yard runs on Corbin all night last night. Maccourt would have had a field day against them. I can’t wait for them to play Boyle county.
How old are you? 5 I’ve got film also that I can post from 2020 that shows our DE getting his leg snapped in 3 places from an illegal block that JC is famous for using, all while a ref stands right over top of it and nothing is done.  What you can’t hear in my recording is all the crappy things being yelled by the JC fan base.  Never in my life have I tried to live vicariously through another team, never after losing to JC did I ever wish they’d lose the next game or the game after…pull your pants up the red @ss is showing…

(09-30-2023, 12:08 PM)goldenboy43 Wrote: Game was closer than this. Probably the worst officiating i have seen this year. I have the film and can post the links to some of the penalties that Johnson Central received, a couple were completely bogus. Just a mutual fan but the Corbin hype gets annoying. They are very overrated.
Close only works in horse shoes and hand grenades…

That was one of the most despicable and classless things I've ever heard of in over 50 years of watching HS sports. I was embarrassed and ashamed for the people of Johnson County. I'm sure not all of them uphold the miserable behavior witnessed that night. And then a half dozen or so of their fans got on here later that night and lied , saying the incident never happened.

(10-01-2023, 04:31 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Guy Bailey had 18 carries for 42yards.

Just awful!!!!  I hope for Corbin's sake that Greer and Bart Simpson have been playing possum, in anticipation of meeting Boyle in a few weeks. Two weeks ago I thought that was likely the case. Now, I'm not so sure. This might be what we get until the final nail is hammered into Corbin's coffin.  Bull and Viz were right. I was wrong. If Corbin doesn't change their offensive scheme , Corbin loses by 4-5 TDs at Campbell Field and 5-6 TDs in Danville.

Sounds like something a hoot owl would say.
(10-02-2023, 12:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 11:44 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:49 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:03 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 11:17 PM)goldenboy43 Wrote: in the last 10 years Johnson central has more wins, more state championship appearances, and more state championships. Weak is probably the worst word to use. Corbin without the transfers each year (twins, guy Bailey) would be average. Let just Corbin kids play against just Johnson central kids and see the outcome, and Corbin should be very thankful that Zack maccourt is out for the year. Johnson central 3rd best running back ran 10-12 yard runs on Corbin all night last night. Maccourt would have had a field day against them. I can’t wait for them to play Boyle county.
How old are you? 5 I’ve got film also that I can post from 2020 that shows our DE getting his leg snapped in 3 places from an illegal block that JC is famous for using, all while a ref stands right over top of it and nothing is done.  What you can’t hear in my recording is all the crappy things being yelled by the JC fan base.  Never in my life have I tried to live vicariously through another team, never after losing to JC did I ever wish they’d lose the next game or the game after…pull your pants up the red @ss is showing…

Close only works in horse shoes and hand grenades…
if they didn't play with fire they wouldn't have a red hind end from getting it smoked. The owl melts completely down when he gets out of  that fancy water cooled desk chair. lol
I’d never really smoked a bird till Friday night…. Huh

I'm glad you finally did.  lol
I’d guess last year was close but Friday night there was feathers in the air…
I have to say that Kid Elam once again showed why he is just flat out tuff. After countless times that the offense chose to run the ball, when they did put him in 4th and long situations, he came through and with pressure. Not many QBs can do that. He threaded the needle 2 times in 4th and long for a touchdown after almost being sacked for a loss on each play. He avoided the sack, and launched on a dime to complete two very good and hard to make throws and made it look easy for touchdowns. I have said it more than once, let Kid Elam control the game with his arm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(10-02-2023, 06:35 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I have to say that Kid Elam once again showed why he is just flat out tuff. After countless times that the offense chose to run the ball, when they did put him in 4th and long situations, he came through and with pressure. Not many QBs can do that. He threaded the needle 2 times in 4th and long for a touchdown after almost being sacked for a loss on each play. He avoided the sack, and launched on a dime to complete two very good and hard to make throws and made it look easy for touchdowns. I have said it more than once, let Kid Elam control the game with his arm.

I agree.. You have a great QB and a great receiver in Stewart but the OC seemed to only call a play for him in a 4th down situation.  Here is an interesting stat from the game that really sticks out: 

Guy Bailey with 18 carrier for 42 yards..

Stewart with 4 catches 80 yards and 3 TD's..

Let the kid Elam throw it to his playmakers..
[-] The following 2 users Like Grannyshot's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
Looks like Superman has a weakness
(10-02-2023, 12:15 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Just awful!!!!  I hope for Corbin's sake that Greer and Bart Simpson have been playing possum, in anticipation of meeting Boyle in a few weeks. Two weeks ago I thought that was likely the case. Now, I'm not so sure. This might be what we get until the final nail is hammered into Corbin's coffin.  Bull and Viz were right. I was wrong. If Corbin doesn't change their offensive scheme , Corbin loses by 4-5 TDs at Campbell Field and 5-6 TDs in Danville.

I just don't think you can flip a switch and be a effective passing team, if you haven't been working the kinks out in the regular season.

October 21st. we should have a clearer picture of the RPI after the Ashland / Johnson Central game.
(10-02-2023, 10:37 AM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 12:15 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Just awful!!!!  I hope for Corbin's sake that Greer and Bart Simpson have been playing possum, in anticipation of meeting Boyle in a few weeks. Two weeks ago I thought that was likely the case. Now, I'm not so sure. This might be what we get until the final nail is hammered into Corbin's coffin.  Bull and Viz were right. I was wrong. If Corbin doesn't change their offensive scheme , Corbin loses by 4-5 TDs at Campbell Field and 5-6 TDs in Danville.

I just don't think you can flip a switch and be a effective passing team, if you haven't been working the kinks out in the regular season.

October 21st. we should have a clearer picture of the RPI after the Ashland / Johnson Central game.
I totally agree with that, the qb and his receivers have to build chemistry.  Throw the ball and add wrinkles to the offense as the season progresses, or at least that’s what ive seen other successful coaches do….
(10-02-2023, 11:01 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I totally agree with that, the qb and his receivers have to build chemistry.  Throw the ball and add wrinkles to the offense as the season progresses, or at least that’s what ive seen other successful coaches do….

I think they are playing conservative and trying not to show their full hand, but we know that playing conservative will get you beat in the end Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(10-02-2023, 11:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I think they are playing conservative and trying not to show their full hand, but we know that playing conservative will get you beat in the end Smile
Especially when you play someone with as much talent that’s ran their full playbook all season….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug
(10-02-2023, 11:26 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 11:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Especially when you play someone with as much talent that’s ran their full playbook all season….

You have to go for the  jugular instead of  letting  the opponent get in your mind and play with it. Smile
I wonder where Elam falls on the all time Corbin list.

Elam, Estep, Sizemore, Whitaker, Combs, Cashen in no particular order.
(10-01-2023, 04:31 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Guy Bailey had 18 carries for 42yards.

Watch the film, the JC D-Line pretty darn good. Bart gotta make adjustments with Oline as Bailey had to run up hill all night..
(10-02-2023, 02:41 PM)Corbin Wrote: I wonder where Elam falls on the all time Corbin list.

Yes I Would think Elam will surpass them by end of his HS career if he is given the green light.

I was told the Stewart kid is getting close to all-time receiving yards for Corbin and should break it this season.
(10-02-2023, 02:41 PM)Corbin Wrote: I wonder where Elam falls on the all time Corbin list.

I’ll take the Combs kid, 3 year starting QB/Athlete..Although by end of Elams Senior season he’ll own the record books.. Elam purist QB to dress at Corbin IMO..Estep best Athlete to come through Corbin hands down..
So let's address the damn elephant in the room. Why isn't this Bart Simpson guy unleashing his young stud son on the world of KY HS football? Why do we get 18 GBailey runs for 42 yards and a handful of QB runs. Why are we not throwing it 70-75% of the time? There is no Cameron Combs in the backfield this season. Is the Greer end holding Bart back from doing what he needs to be doing or is Corbin just waiting until Boyle before they show all of their cards.? I was told this was gonna be a dynamic offense this season. Instead, Bart is boring fans to tears and to the exits early in the third quarter of games. I need answers before I wind up in some kind of facility for the criminally anxious.

Is Tommy holding back Bart's offense or is Bart just a puss like ol'Tom? Whether you're David Bell, Zac Taylor, Tommy Greer, or Bart Simpson Elam, conservative play calling or coaching will get you destroyed in the end, especially with a gun slingin' , risk takin', go for broke, wheelin' dealin. kiss stealin', Space Mountain climbin' son-of-a -gun like Haddix. Corbin's gonna have to score a minimum of six times(and no damn field goals(wussies settle for field goals) if they are to have a chance against Boyle and they will be lucky to score two times with the way they are playing offense right now.

So. I ask you again, BGR universe, why is Corbin playing so gosh darn conservative on offense? They must know that this is inevitably a recipe for disaster on November 17.
(10-02-2023, 05:04 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: So let's address the damn elephant in the room.  Why isn't this Bart Simpson guy unleashing his young stud son on the world of KY HS football? Why do we get 18 GBailey runs for 42 yards and a handful of QB runs. Why are we not throwing it 70-75% of the time?  There is no Cameron Combs in the backfield this season.  Is the Greer end holding Bart back from doing what he needs to be doing or is Corbin just waiting until Boyle before they show all of their cards.? I was told this was gonna be a dynamic offense this season. Instead, Bart is boring fans to tears and to the exits early in the third quarter of games. I need answers before I wind up in some kind of facility for the criminally anxious.

Is Tommy holding back Bart's offense or is Bart  just a puss like ol'Tom?  Whether you're David Bell, Zac Taylor, Tommy Greer, or Bart Simpson Elam, conservative play calling or coaching will get you destroyed in the end, especially with a gun slingin' , risk takin', go for broke, wheelin' dealin. kiss stealin', Space Mountain climbin' son-of-a -gun like Haddix. Corbin's gonna have to score a minimum of six times(and no damn field goals(wussies settle for field goals) if they are to have a chance against Boyle and they will be lucky to score two times with the way they are playing offense right now.

So. I ask you again, BGR universe, why is Corbin playing so gosh darn conservative on offense?  They must know that this is inevitably a recipe for disaster on November 17.
It’s not just this year, we’ve done this since Greer took over to one extent or the other, our offense just opened up a little faster last season that it wasn’t so much of an issue.  Boyle beating us last year had a whole lot to do with this, go back and watch how many times Haddix goes for it on 4th down and how many times we punt, it’ll answer a lot of questions your asking…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
Haddix has no issues going for it on 4th. down.  First series of the State Championship game against Johnson Central on his own 15 yard line with 4th. and 1, goes for it.  Boyle gets the firstdown and drives down the field to go up 7-0.  I asked him about this and he told me if we couldn't get a yard we wasn't going to win the game anyway.  I like that he puts the game on his offense to make a play for a win just like last year against Corbin.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Hatz, Old School Hound
(10-02-2023, 08:18 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Haddix has no issues going for it on 4th. down.  First series of the State Championship game against Johnson Central on his own 15 yard line with 4th. and 1, goes for it.  Boyle gets the firstdown and drives down the field to go up 7-0.  I asked him about this and he told me if we couldn't get a yard we wasn't going to win the game anyway.  I like that he puts the game on his offense to make a play for a win just like last year against Corbin.

Was Justin conceived of the sperm of Hal Mumme???

Combs was the victim of Daddy Ball, a certain running back had to get all the touches.
Estep was the qb for only 1 season, but put up monster numbers that season
Sizemore's improvement from his sophomore to senior season is beyond describing. He holds most of Corbin's passing records.
Elam is a power 5 quarterback and will hold all the Corbin passing records before he graduates.

Dad Elam is calling the plays that Greer wants him to call.
If Haddix is in Greer's head to the point that he is not "showing all his cards" this late in the season, that is insanity. Heck, Haddix probably wouldn't care if Corbin coaches showed up at his practices.

Give Johnson Central credit, they showed up to play.
There’s no elephant in the room. Corbin was gifted the twins because they took Guy Bailey and his crazy mom. If you don’t make them happy, you don’t have the twins. You gotta give to get.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Cowboy42, Diogenes
(10-02-2023, 03:45 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

I’ll take the Combs kid, 3 year starting QB/Athlete..Although by end of Elams Senior season he’ll own the record books.. Elam purist QB to dress at Corbin IMO..Estep best Athlete to come through Corbin hands down..

Combs was my favorite player. I'd love to have several like him on my team. Elam could be the best QB Corbin has had, and one of the all time greats from Eastern Kentucky if they'll turn him loose.
(10-02-2023, 09:15 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:

Combs was the victim of Daddy Ball, a certain running back had to get all the touches.
Sizemore's improvement from his sophomore to senior season is beyond describing. He holds most of Corbin's passing records.
Elam is a power 5 quarterback and will hold all the Corbin passing records before he graduates.

If Haddix is in Greer's head to the point that he is not "showing all his cards" this late in the season, that is insanity. Heck, Haddix probably wouldn't care if Corbin coaches showed up at his practices.

I think he is definitely in his  head , and I  bet you are correct in saying that he wouldn't care. The bad moon rising brain trust at Corbin is wasting talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(10-02-2023, 10:42 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: There’s no elephant in the room. Corbin was gifted the twins because they took Guy Bailey and his crazy mom. If you don’t make them happy, you don’t have the twins. You gotta give to get.

How is his mom crazy? Not saying she is or isn't. I don't know her.   Crazy moms or not if Corbin doesn't start opening up this offense they have only seven weeks left in their season.  November 17 will be here before you know it, Tommy boy! THROW THE DAMN BALL!!! To heck with crazy moms(and dads). You play to win the damn game!!!!
(10-03-2023, 12:41 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 10:42 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: There’s no elephant in the room. Corbin was gifted the twins because they took Guy Bailey and his crazy mom. If you don’t make them happy, you don’t have the twins. You gotta give to get.

How is his mom crazy? Not saying she is or isn't. I don't know her.   Crazy moms or not if Corbin doesn't start opening up this offense they have only seven weeks left in their season.  November 17 will be here before you know it, Tommy boy! THROW THE DAMN BALL!!! To heck with crazy moms(and dads). You play to win the damn game!!!!

She tried to single handedly make Clay Clevenger’s intro presser at Somerset about her and her son and how they weren’t staying around. Everywhere she goes she eventually turns toxic. Sounds like someone else the Corbin faithful took in a few years ago. ?
(10-03-2023, 12:54 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 12:41 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

She tried to single handedly make Clay Clevenger’s intro presser at Somerset about her and her son and how they weren’t staying around. Everywhere she goes she eventually turns toxic. Sounds like someone else the Corbin faithful took in a few years ago. ?

That doesn't sound like crazy. Maybe narcissistic , but I don't know about crazy. If Danville is Titletown , Corbin is Narcissist Town. So she probably  fits in , nicely.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Waitaminute
(10-02-2023, 10:53 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I think he is definitely in his  head , and I  bet you are correct in saying that he wouldn't care. The bad moon rising brain trust at Corbin is wasting talent.
Talent and opportunities…..
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
That’s what the old heads want. They kicked out a HoF coach for Greer. Let him stay after the massive amounts of talent we had go through with nothing to show for it. Maybe we can use one of their businesses to hold a runner up trophy. Like someone else said, if they don’t open the damn play book it might be a regional runner up trophy…
[-] The following 3 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Grannyshot
(10-03-2023, 09:26 PM)Hound05 Wrote: That’s what the old heads want. They kicked out a HoF coach for Greer. Let him stay after the massive amounts of talent we had go through with nothing to show for it. Maybe we can use one of their businesses to hold a runner up trophy.  Like someone else said, if they don’t open the damn play book it might be a regional runner up trophy…

Fans are leaving games at halftime to go fold their clothes because folding clothes is more exciting than Bart Simpson's and the Greer End's lazy and uncreative offense.  A 49-17 loss awaits in just seven weeks(Tommy will choose to kick a FG with :35 seconds remaining) if they don't give this offense a high octane boost. THROW THE GD BALL DOWN THE FIELD!!!  Screw Ms Bailey!!! It's been 41 years, Tommy!!!  "Gloria" was the #1 song in the country , you were smoking doobies on Saturday nights, Williard Farris was still sniffing teen girls ' panties, Joe Biden could still count to ten, and my semen had not yet turned to sawdust like it is now. For the love of all that is holy get the ball into the hands of your talented playmakers!!!
  • Grannyshot
(10-03-2023, 11:57 PM)??????????????Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 09:26 PM)Hound05 Wrote: That’s what the old heads want. They kicked out a HoF coach for Greer. Let him stay after the massive amounts of talent we had go through with nothing to show for it. Maybe we can use one of their businesses to hold a runner up trophy.  Like someone else said, if they don’t open the damn play book it might be a regional runner up trophy…

Fans are leaving games at halftime to go fold their clothes because folding clothes is more exciting than Bart Simpson's and the Greer End's lazy and uncreative offense.  A 49-17 loss awaits in just seven weeks(Tommy will choose to kick a FG with :35 seconds remaining) if they don't give this offense a high octane boost. THROW THE GD BALL DOWN THE FIELD!!!  Screw Ms Bailey!!! It's been 41 years, Tommy!!!  "Gloria" was the #1 song in the country , you were smoking doobies on Saturday nights, Williard Farris was still sniffing teen girls ' panties, Joe Biden could still count to ten, and my semen had not yet turned to sawdust like it is now. For the love of all that is holy get the ball into the hands of your talented playmakers!!!
(10-03-2023, 08:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 10:53 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Talent and opportunities…..

Does anyone do it better than Corbin?
  • Bull got out!