Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 34 Johnson Central 6
(10-04-2023, 10:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 08:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 10:53 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 09:15 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 02:41 PM)Corbin Wrote: I wonder where Elam falls on the all time Corbin list.

Elam, Estep, Sizemore, Whitaker, Combs, Cashen in no particular order.
Combs was the victim of Daddy Ball, a certain running back had to get all the touches.
Estep was the qb for only 1 season, but put up monster numbers that season
Sizemore's improvement from his sophomore to senior season is beyond describing. He holds most of Corbin's passing records.
Elam is a power 5 quarterback and will hold all the Corbin passing records before he graduates.

Dad Elam is calling the plays that Greer wants him to call.
If Haddix is in Greer's head to the point that he is not "showing all his cards" this late in the season, that is insanity. Heck, Haddix probably wouldn't care if Corbin coaches showed up at his practices.

Give Johnson Central credit, they showed up to play.
I think he is definitely in his  head , and I  bet you are correct in saying that he wouldn't care. The bad moon rising brain trust at Corbin is wasting talent.
Talent and opportunities…..

Does anyone do it better than Corbin?

I’m sure there may be but no one always has the expectations to win a state title and never do quite like Corbin
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 3 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, Westside
(10-03-2023, 11:57 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 09:26 PM)Hound05 Wrote: That’s what the old heads want. They kicked out a HoF coach for Greer. Let him stay after the massive amounts of talent we had go through with nothing to show for it. Maybe we can use one of their businesses to hold a runner up trophy.  Like someone else said, if they don’t open the damn play book it might be a regional runner up trophy…

Fans are leaving games at halftime to go fold their clothes because folding clothes is more exciting than Bart Simpson's and the Greer End's lazy and uncreative offense.  A 49-17 loss awaits in just seven weeks(Tommy will choose to kick a FG with :35 seconds remaining) if they don't give this offense a high octane boost. THROW THE GD BALL DOWN THE FIELD!!!  Screw Ms Bailey!!! It's been 41 years, Tommy!!!  "Gloria" was the #1 song in the country , you were smoking doobies on Saturday nights, Williard Farris was still sniffing teen girls ' panties, Joe Biden could still count to ten, and my semen had not yet turned to sawdust like it is now. For the love of all that is holy get the ball into the hands of your talented playmakers!!!

Looks like Cotton Adams needs to coach this team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-02-2023, 11:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 11:01 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 10:37 AM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 12:15 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Just awful!!!!  I hope for Corbin's sake that Greer and Bart Simpson have been playing possum, in anticipation of meeting Boyle in a few weeks. Two weeks ago I thought that was likely the case. Now, I'm not so sure. This might be what we get until the final nail is hammered into Corbin's coffin.  Bull and Viz were right. I was wrong. If Corbin doesn't change their offensive scheme , Corbin loses by 4-5 TDs at Campbell Field and 5-6 TDs in Danville.

I just don't think you can flip a switch and be a effective passing team, if you haven't been working the kinks out in the regular season.

October 21st. we should have a clearer picture of the RPI after the Ashland / Johnson Central game.
I totally agree with that, the qb and his receivers have to build chemistry.  Throw the ball and add wrinkles to the offense as the season progresses, or at least that’s what ive seen other successful coaches do….

I think they are playing conservative and trying not to show their full hand, but we know that playing conservative will get you beat in the end Smile
The Greerend…..

(10-04-2023, 10:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 08:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 10:53 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 09:15 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 02:41 PM)Corbin Wrote: I wonder where Elam falls on the all time Corbin list.

Elam, Estep, Sizemore, Whitaker, Combs, Cashen in no particular order.
Combs was the victim of Daddy Ball, a certain running back had to get all the touches.
Estep was the qb for only 1 season, but put up monster numbers that season
Sizemore's improvement from his sophomore to senior season is beyond describing. He holds most of Corbin's passing records.
Elam is a power 5 quarterback and will hold all the Corbin passing records before he graduates.

Dad Elam is calling the plays that Greer wants him to call.
If Haddix is in Greer's head to the point that he is not "showing all his cards" this late in the season, that is insanity. Heck, Haddix probably wouldn't care if Corbin coaches showed up at his practices.

Give Johnson Central credit, they showed up to play.
I think he is definitely in his  head , and I  bet you are correct in saying that he wouldn't care. The bad moon rising brain trust at Corbin is wasting talent.
Talent and opportunities…..

Does anyone do it better than Corbin?

Boyle County does….
I can’t get started here. A few of ya argue the same points I’ve tried to tell you all along.

The complainers should talk to the people that made the decision to push Haddix out. Everyone can hide behind a keyboard here. It’s really easy to type Corbin #1, we gonna win it after 41 tries. The hard part though is actually doin it. Putting the puzzle together. Hart, Foley, Tremane, Cox, and Greerend sure can make a f$$ked up puzzle on their own. They have proven that since 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-04-2023, 04:12 PM)HighViz Wrote: I can’t get started here. A few of ya argue the same points I’ve tried to tell you all along. 

The complainers should talk to the people that made the decision to push Haddix out.  Everyone can hide behind a keyboard here.  It’s really easy to type Corbin #1, we gonna win it after 41 tries.  The hard part though is actually doin it. Putting the puzzle together.  Hart, Foley, Tremane, Cox, and Greerend sure can make a f$$ked up puzzle on their own. They have proven that since 2019.

Come on, Viz, Gdamnit. Darrell Tremaine hasn't been relevant since... well, since NEVER!. Old focker is sh#itting his diapers now. What in the hell did he have to do with screwing up a Corbin championship puzzle? He can't even count to ten , now. You're makin' sh#t up. Smile
(10-04-2023, 11:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 04:12 PM)HighViz Wrote: I can’t get started here. A few of ya argue the same points I’ve tried to tell you all along. 

The complainers should talk to the people that made the decision to push Haddix out.  Everyone can hide behind a keyboard here.  It’s really easy to type Corbin #1, we gonna win it after 41 tries.  The hard part though is actually doin it. Putting the puzzle together.  Hart, Foley, Tremane, Cox, and Greerend sure can make a f$$ked up puzzle on their own. They have proven that since 2019.

Come on, Viz, Gdamnit. Darrell Tremaine hasn't been relevant since... well, since NEVER!. Old focker is sh#itting his diapers now. What in the hell did he have to do with screwing up a Corbin championship puzzle? He can't even count to ten , now. You're makin' sh#t up. Smile
Tells me a lot about you.  And what you know.
(10-05-2023, 02:17 AM)HighViz Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 11:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Tells me a lot about you.  And what you know.

I just know that we aren't seeing the best Corbin football we could be seeing right now and that Darrell Tremaine has to have a nurse maid wipe his ass for him. Where's your proof that that irrelevant , senile old baSt@rd is responsible for screwing up Corbin's football program? Smile
I know this thread has turned into everything but the Corbin-Johnson Central game. But anyways.....

Haddix left Corbin 4 years ago and never looked back. For those, me included, that are still upset with how Haddix was treated, need to stop looking backwards and start looking forwards. Letting Haddix get away was only half of the issues. The hiring process that followed was just as bad. There were some high quality, very successful coaches who applied and weren't given any consideration to be hired. The entire hiring process from start to finish was just a cover so the superintendent could hire one of the good old boys. Greer has made it know that this is his last season as head coach. All those that were and still are upset about what happened 4 years ago, y'all need to look forward and put the pressure on the Corbin school board to look outside the good old boy system and hire a quality coach. And once that coach is hired, don't get in his business, let him make the staff hires and let him run the program. For those who know the true facts of Haddix leaving, the one thing he was not going to compromise on was Dave Cox' insistence on him rehiring the coach who got mad and went to Whitley County. Yeah, I know there were other issues, but Cox was stuck on Haddix had to rehire a coach who quit on him. If you are keeping score, Haddix 1 Cox 0, or better, Haddix 3 Cox 0. Or Corbin can hire another good old boy, and 4 years from now BGR will still be talking about Haddix leaving.

Johnson Central, you showed that you didn't fear anyone. Punched Corbin in the mouth. The Eagles will be a tough out come playoff time.
[-] The following 4 users Like jamesdeane's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, HighViz, Woodshed
(10-05-2023, 11:28 AM)jamesdeane Wrote: I know this thread has turned into everything but the Corbin-Johnson Central game. But anyways.....

Haddix left Corbin 4 years ago and never looked back. For those, me included, that are still upset with how Haddix was treated, need to stop looking backwards and start looking forwards. Letting Haddix get away was only half of the issues. The hiring process that followed was just as bad. There were some high quality, very successful coaches who applied and weren't given any consideration to be hired. The entire hiring process from start to finish was just a cover so the superintendent could hire one of the good old boys. Greer has made it know that this is his last season as head coach. All those that were and still are upset about what happened 4 years ago, y'all need to look forward and put the pressure on the Corbin school board to look outside the good old boy system and hire a quality coach. And once that coach is hired, don't get in his business, let him make the staff hires and let him run the program. For those who know the true facts of Haddix leaving, the one thing he was not going to compromise on was Dave Cox' insistence on him rehiring the coach who got mad and went to Whitley County. Yeah, I know there were other issues, but Cox was stuck on Haddix had to rehire a coach who quit on him. If you are keeping score, Haddix 1 Cox 0, or better, Haddix 3 Cox 0. Or Corbin can hire another good old boy, and 4 years from now BGR will still be talking about Haddix leaving.

Johnson Central, you showed that you didn't fear anyone. Punched Corbin in the mouth. The Eagles will be a tough out come playoff time.

The coach that went to Whitley County is your problem. I hope your school doesn't hire him next year. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
(10-05-2023, 11:28 AM)jamesdeane Wrote: I know this thread has turned into everything but the Corbin-Johnson Central game. But anyways.....

True stuff in that post but what are the chances that Corbin hires outside of the good ol' boy system?  The Franklin County coach is the guy that should have been hired the last time. Don't you think the shady way things are done here in Corbin will affect the number of quality coaches that will apply for the position when it is vacant again?  If I hadn't been born and raised in this hell hole of a town, I would find it very hard to root for Corbin, with all of these shady lowlifes giving each other hand and blow jobs. But it it the place my mom and dad conceived me, where I went to school, and where I still call home. So I still root for the drought to end. But Dave Cox, Tom Greer, and the other good ol' boys can kiss Old School's ass.
Tell you what Corbin posters. Make a thread about how horrible Corbin's predicament is and discuss it to your heart's content.

But one more off topic comment here, and this thread will be history.
[-] The following 4 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, HighViz, Westside
Something nobody has mentioned so far is Logan Music only having two carries for JC. He is the #1 back (now that McCoart is out for the season) and Music got injured in the 1st quarter. He continued to play some on defense but didn’t carry the ball the rest of the game. Have to wonder what this game (and honestly this season) would have been like if McCoart and Music are healthy at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. D's post:
  • Bull got out!