Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs Ironton OH (JV)
(09-18-2023, 08:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote: 23-22 final half the Ironton players left in Boyle bus other half left in Corbin bus
Speed all over the field
Smile Corbin College and Boyle A&M
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
Scratch that
Pikeville 28 Ironton 23 final
Hell of a fun game
Talent all over the field
The only thing I know is …..it’s a long way to go for a jv game haha
(09-18-2023, 08:11 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 08:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I 15
P 14

Halftime

Ironton QB could start for most teams in KY
This being played at Hambley jp?
Yes and good crowd Ironton brought a bunch
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Ironton scored with less than a minute left
Pikeville 3 or 4 plays for the win

Remember the name JJ Reynolds Class A fans
  • Bull got out!
(09-18-2023, 09:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Ironton scored with less than a minute left

He's the next big time QB at Pikeville from what I understand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(09-18-2023, 09:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Ironton scored with less than a minute left

I'll make sure to write his name down...... Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
Congrats JV Panthers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Reynolds played great…..The qb for Ironton #7 is very very good too, more with his legs but he made some fast kids from Pikeville look slow. I need a name so I can be sure to follow up on that kids future.
That was as intense of a JV game as you’ll ever watch, felt like a big time Friday night. That was great work for both teams.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
That was fun!

QB from Ironton is a helluva player.
I’ve seen Ironton’s JV team play. They are legit. If Pikeville beat them this evening, then this current season is the best chance for Raceland’s state title because Pikeville must have some serious teams on the way.
The mystique is gone from Ironton. A once feared team. Not so much anymore. Watched them many times over the years. There was a time when you didn’t even think about crossing the river and playing them. Used to go over and watch them play those Columbus teams with 100 players on their roster and Ironton would trot out their 35 or 40 kids and dismantle them. They still have good athletes. The coaching is nowhere near what it used to be though.

(09-18-2023, 10:23 PM)16thregioner Wrote: I’ve seen Ironton’s JV team play.  They are legit.  If Pikeville beat them this evening, then this current season is the best chance for Raceland’s state title because Pikeville must have some serious teams on the way.
Tigers go all the way to Pikeville to play but won’t cross the river to play Raceland. Raceland had Johnson Central come all the way down to Raceland tonight. 30-14 Rams.

Good JV win for the JV putty tats. Tigers always have good athletes. Maybe they need to call the Tigers for a Varsity game next year. Tigers going independent next year. They have to find 10 games next year. They won’t be in a conference next year.
Ironton should get Raceland and Ashland on their schedule next year. They’ll have 7 spots open from the OVC kicking them out. Those would be big crowd games.
Their excuse every year when we call is we are a class A team and they won’t get any RPI points for playing us. Maybe the Mountain Putty Tats can get them on the schedule. Make sure you get a two year contract though. They get you at Ironton where the referees walk right out of the house and onto the field you are in trouble.
^Raceland better win it this year
My huge sack of money is on no
(09-18-2023, 09:24 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Reynolds played great…..The qb for Ironton #7 is very very good too, more with his legs but he made some fast kids from Pikeville look slow. I need a name so I can be sure to follow up on that kids future.
That was as intense of a JV game as you’ll ever watch, felt like a big time Friday night. That was great work for both teams.

Absolutely. Looked like a varsity playoff game in November.
According to a ranking I just saw. Neither one of us will be there
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • jetpilot
Would love too see the Panthers and Ironton play a 2 year home and home series. I've always wanted to watch a game at Ironton and would definitely make the trip up 23 for that game.

Reynolds is gonna be a very good QB for the Panthers when his time comes, Pikeville has a special freshman class this season.
Watching a game at Ironton is different. Like a college atmosphere. Best place around to watch a game.

Make sure it’s a Saturday game. I’d like to see that
(09-18-2023, 11:07 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: According to a ranking I just saw. Neither one of us will be there

You know better we will both be there
Don’t want to hear about Ironton making excuses. They have terrorized NE KY teams for decades
Kentucky highschool sports zone
Class A Week 6 ? Rankings
1. Campbellsville
2. Kentucky Country Day
3. Raceland
4. Pikeville
5. Paris
6. Sayre
7. Eminence
8. Newport
9. Bethlehem
10. Middlesboro
Others- Newport Central Cath, Cov Holy Cross, Nicholas Co, Williamsburg, Paintsville, Bellevue, Bishop Bross
Nobody is beating Pikeville in November
Hold up your end of the bargain and we’ll see you in December
As a high school football fan watching a game at Ironton, especially against your alma-mater, would just be a great experience.

Kind of like when Pikeville went to Bluefield, WV in the mid 90s
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • jetpilot
I don’t know. Our entire team is injured after Friday Night. Just hope we can field a team this Friday against New Cath

(09-18-2023, 11:24 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: As a high school football fan watching a game at Ironton, especially against your alma-mater, would just be a great experience.

Great place. Concessions all over the place. Band has their own place to sit. Home side is covered and holds 3000 and is full every Friday night.
(09-18-2023, 11:24 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: As a high school football fan watching a game at Ironton, especially against your alma-mater, would just be great experience.

One of my favorite games. Stopped at Cuz’s at Claypool Hill
Stopped at a bar in Bluefield
Bluefield ranked #1 in all classes in WV
Pikeville drilled them I think 34-7
  • Humpty Dumpty
Dang it RAD nobody’s taking Raceland down either
I'd love to see a JV "conference" made up of teams close to and along US 23. The younger kids benefit so much from the games, and they help the programs too. Those kids getting worn out by the varsity on Tuesdays and Wednesdays deserve their own playing time.
(09-19-2023, 10:19 AM)Buffs19 Wrote: I'd love to see a JV "conference" made up of teams close to and along US 23.  The younger kids benefit so much from the games, and they help the programs too.  Those kids getting worn out by the varsity on Tuesdays and Wednesdays deserve their own playing time.
I wanted this for years as well. The numbers are down so bad that a lot of schools have to play young kids on Friday nights so they don’t really have a jv team