Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
66.67%
Elizabethtown
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Shelby Valley vs Elizabethtown 9/23
Shelby Valley (3-2)
Aug 18, 23 Letcher County Central home (L) 26 - 36 
Aug 25, 23 Lawrence County away (W) 14 - 0 Lawrence County Farm Bureau Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Martin County home (W) 16 - 7 
Sep 8, 23 Middlesboro away (W) 50 - 28 
Sep 15, 23 Perry County Central home (L) 42 - 58

Elizabethtown (0-5)
Aug 19, 23 Fairdale away (L) 12 - 14 King of the Bluegrass Bowl 
Aug 25, 23 Meade County away (L) 14 - 41 
Sep 1, 23 Taylor County away (L) 13 - 42 
Sep 8, 23 Hart County home (L) 27 - 50 
Sep 15, 23 Bardstown home (L) 21 - 34

Recent History
NONE

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6e6a656543
Hmmmmmmm.... Smile

[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/7db68a60...id=9665789]
Going with Valley but I do think they definitely have picked up their schedule a lot
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Westside
Etown hasn't won a game all year and Valley can put up points so I'll take Shelby Valley
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Valley by 2 touchdowns
I'll take E-town.
I honestly have no idea what to make of this game.  It's really odd that Shelby Valley scheduled themselves a game where they have to travel 4 hours each way, for a random mid-season contest played on a Saturday afternoon.  Then I assume Etown will be making the same trip next year.  Just odd.

As for the game itself, who knows? I know absolutely nothing about Etown other than what I can see on khsaa.org.  I see that they are 0-5 this year, with a close loss to Fairdale but losses to everyone else by at least 2 TD's.  But, they went 8-4 just last year, getting knocked out in the 2nd round of the playoffs by CAL.  So either they have suffered heavy graduation losses, or they have simply struggled against a good schedule.

As for Shelby Valley, they have been maddeningly inconsistent.  They started off the year losing to Letcher Central in a game where the defense couldn't get enough stops and the offense couldn't find a rhythm.  Then they had a couple games in a row (Lawrence, Martin) where the defense played superb but the offense really struggled.  Then the last 2 weeks, the offense has gotten untracked scoring 92 points combined, but the defense has really struggled, especially against Perry.  So who knows what Valley will show up on Saturday.

In the end, I'll say that the offense keeps rolling, and the defense makes just enough stops.  Valley wins 35-27.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-19-2023, 03:06 PM)More Cowbell Wrote: I honestly have no idea what to make of this game.  It's really odd that Shelby Valley scheduled themselves a game where they have to travel 4 hours each way, for a random mid-season contest played on a Saturday afternoon.  Then I assume Etown will be making the same trip next year.  Just odd.

As for the game itself, who knows? I know absolutely nothing about Etown other than what I can see on khsaa.org.  I see that they are 0-5 this year, with a close loss to Fairdale but losses to everyone else by at least 2 TD's.  But, they went 8-4 just last year, getting knocked out in the 2nd round of the playoffs by CAL.  So either they have suffered heavy graduation losses, or they have simply struggled against a good schedule.

As for Shelby Valley, they have been maddeningly inconsistent.  They started off the year losing to Letcher Central in a game where the defense couldn't get enough stops and the offense couldn't find a rhythm.  Then they had a couple games in a row (Lawrence, Martin) where the defense played superb but the offense really struggled.  Then the last 2 weeks, the offense has gotten untracked scoring 92 points combined, but the defense has really struggled, especially against Perry.  So who knows what Valley will show up on Saturday.

In the end, I'll say that the offense keeps rolling, and the defense makes just enough stops.  Valley wins 35-27.

If my memory serves me right, I think Elizabethtowns Coach up and resigned and there was an administrative change at the top of the food chain kinda like Danville. I may be wrong but I believe that’s what I read. That may contribute to this years lack of success.
E-town in an upset.