Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 27 Campbellsville 34
Back and fourth. Campbellsville offense legit, but a one man show. Defense a little soft up front, but still good. Great game congrats Eagles
I’m telling you, this Campbellsville team can play now. That’s an impressive win.
Somerset left 3 TD on the field fumbled 1 in the end zone dropped a wide open pass in the end zone and had one called back for an inadvertent whistle. Somerset had opportunities to win and just couldn’t capatilize. Campbellsville has a good team I expect them to be playing at Kroger field in December
Impressed with somerset being this competitive after losing most of its players to surrounding schools. Nice job for a school with their enrollment. Says a lot about that coach and the type of kids they have!
[-] The following 2 users Like FallRock's post:
  • Danville Blue Devil, Deuce8
Maybe the new success and the trend upward, they’ll start keeping kids and grow.

There’s some good success here for a team full of young ones. Future looks brighter than it has over the past couple years.
(09-16-2023, 11:53 AM)DangerMouse Wrote: Maybe the new success and the trend upward, they’ll start keeping kids and grow.

There’s some good success here for a team full of young ones. Future looks brighter than it has over the past couple years.
That’s what happens when you get the circus clowns off the coaching staff send them back to Barnum and Bailey where they belong good things happen
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buford T Justice's post:
  • AdsFanatic
(09-16-2023, 09:12 AM)FallRock Wrote: Impressed with somerset being this competitive after losing most of its players to surrounding schools. Nice job for a school with their enrollment. Says a lot about that coach and the type of kids they have!

Just wait a few years as to what he builds....He is a heck of a coach...
(09-15-2023, 11:04 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: Back and fourth. Campbellsville offense legit, but a one man show. Defense a little soft up front, but still good. Great game congrats Eagles

I was curious about this game.
Clays a great coach. Somerset is a very good team, and as for Campbellsville good luck to who ever plays them. If you don't have the speed to match Eastridge, and his receiver corp your in trouble.

Somerset did, but lost opportunities hurt them. RB crossed goal line, but was called a fumble, TD called back by inverted whistle etc. That stuff happens because Campbellsville offense is legit, but if they lose Eastridge that changes.

I called Somerset district before season
1. Somerset
2 Breathitt
3 Leslie
4 Danville
I'll still stick with that. I think the Jumpers are the best team in they're district.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Foozeball23's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-16-2023, 11:08 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: Clays a great coach. Somerset is a very good team, and as for Campbellsville good luck to who ever plays them. If you don't have the speed to match Eastridge, and his receiver corp your in trouble.

Somerset did, but lost opportunities hurt them. RB crossed goal line, but was called a fumble, TD called back by inverted whistle etc. That stuff happens because Campbellsville offense is legit, but if they lose Eastridge that changes.

1. Somerset
2 Breathitt
3 Leslie
4 Danville
I'll still stick with that. I think the Jumpers are the best team in they're district.

I'd agree with the order that you have here. I didn't know much about where Somerset would be in year 1 of Clevenger but they seem like they are well ahead of schedule.

Somerset has had a wild year so far. Seems like the games they've lost they could've won if a few bounces went their way or if they made fewer mistakes in key situations. Look to be a tough out for a team come playoff time.
(09-16-2023, 01:05 PM)You Buford T Justice Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 11:53 AM)DangerMouse Wrote: Maybe the new success and the trend upward, they’ll start keeping kids and grow.

That’s what happens when you get the circus clowns off the coaching staff send them back to Barnum and Bailey where they belong good things happen
Robbie? Man that’s harsh. Love seeing the Jumpers playing better. The softening of the schedule is paying off big time but come on the previous staff was by far the most successful in the schools long history. Hoping Coach Clevenger continues his success!
Wow ……. This guy…….
This is the exact reason the twins are not here people like this.
It’s ok tho everyone knows who you are and they all laugh out loud at you.

That’s a hell of a thing to say about a dead guy ……
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Foozeball23
Clay is a great coach as I said before, but I'll say this once. So was our previous head coach who was also a great man, and our previous staff. We all think we know it all, and we don't. Somerset hit some down years with small classes after the 114 team, and yes I disliked somerset offense and play calling, but those coaches your speaking about are very good coaches, that loved shs program. The only change needed at Somerset was for certain people non coach related to keep they're noses out of the program and let the coaches coach.
(09-17-2023, 02:51 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: Clay is a great coach as I said before, but I'll say this once. So was our previous head coach who was also a great man, and our previous staff. We all think we know it all, and we don't. Somerset hit some down years with small classes after the 114 team, and yes I disliked somerset offense and play calling, but those coaches you’re speaking about are very good coaches, that loved shs program. The only change needed at Somerset was for certain people non coach related to keep their noses out of the program and let the coaches coach.
From what I can tell the offense is pretty similar; screens, GT counter, zone game…
(09-17-2023, 02:51 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: Clay is a great coach as I said before, but I'll say this once. So was our previous head coach who was also a great man, and our previous staff. We all think we know it all, and we don't. Somerset hit some down years with small classes after the 114 team, and yes I disliked somerset offense and play calling, but those coaches your speaking about are very good coaches, that loved shs program. The only change needed at Somerset was for certain people non coach related to keep they're noses out of the program and let the coaches coach.
You can’t tell some people anything….
They would rather storm board meetings and try to get people fired who have devoted their whole life to SHS football. Soon as Robbie got sick these vultures were circling. R.I.P Robbie Lucas …. Wish nothing but success to coach Clevenger and his current staff , but soon as lil Johnny don’t get his carries and playing time they will be calling for his head too. The same people on here complaining about the twins ,would be the same people patting them on the back and telling them how great they are had they chose to come back to Somerset.
Everyone knows who they are and it’s comical to watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Walt Longmire
(09-17-2023, 04:43 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 02:51 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: Clay is a great coach as I said before, but I'll say this once. So was our previous head coach who was also a great man, and our previous staff. We all think we know it all, and we don't. Somerset hit some down years with small classes after the 114 team, and yes I disliked somerset offense and play calling, but those coaches your speaking about are very good coaches, that loved shs program. The only change needed at Somerset was for certain people non coach related to keep they're noses out of the program and let the coaches coach.
You can’t tell some people anything….
They would rather storm board meetings and try to get people fired who have devoted their whole life to SHS football. Soon as Robbie got sick these vultures were circling. R.I.P Robbie Lucas …. Wish nothing but success to coach Clevenger and his current staff , but soon as lil Johnny don’t get his carries and playing time they will be calling for his head too. The same people on here complaining about the twins ,would be the same people patting them on the back and telling them how great they are had they chose to come back to Somerset.
Everyone knows who they are and it’s comical to watch.
I really didn’t even have Robbie in mind when I made that comment because he was pretty much out of the picture all last season but when you have coaches nearly coming to blows during the playoff game and the kids loosing all respect for the staff there has to be a change there is no fixing that problem and the reason the twins left was because of the old staff. Robbie was never actually who I was even thinking about. Bit of you are around this team you know the mindset is completely different in a good way
I guess from the outside it just appeared Somerset got young. After their championship year. Didn’t know the staff were fighting but losing respect for them within the team is tough.

Maybe a new coach bringing a new mindset is what they needed.
(09-18-2023, 05:28 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: I guess from the outside it just appeared Somerset got young. After their championship year. Didn’t know the staff were fighting but losing respect for them within the team is tough.

Maybe a new coach bringing a new mindset is what they needed.
That was a big part of it loosing 46 players in 2 years to graduation and Lucas being sick for most of those 2 seasons and just resigning himself from the team left a vaccume that allowed other members of the staff to just take over. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians! You had no leadership one coach telling kids one thing and one coach telling them another . Then they start fighting with each other in front of the kids.. then you have players screaming at the coaches, taking off the pads and slamming them down and quitting during a playoff game. Total shit show!
(09-16-2023, 11:08 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: Clays a great coach. Somerset is a very good team, and as for Campbellsville good luck to who ever plays them. If you don't have the speed to match Eastridge, and his receiver corp  your in trouble.

Somerset did, but lost opportunities hurt them.  RB crossed goal line, but was called a fumble, TD called back by inverted whistle etc. That stuff happens because Campbellsville offense is legit, but if they lose Eastridge that changes.

1. Somerset
2 Breathitt
3 Leslie
4 Danville

inverted whistle sounds rough.
(09-17-2023, 07:55 AM)JumperPride1 Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 01:05 PM)You Buford T Justice Wrote:

Robbie? Man that’s harsh. Love seeing the Jumpers playing better. The softening of the schedule is paying off big time but come on the previous staff was by far the most successful in the schools long history. Hoping Coach Clevenger continues his success!
I remember wishing for my team to hire Robbie.
(09-17-2023, 08:21 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: Wow ……. This guy…….
This is the exact reason the twins are not here people like this.
It’s ok tho everyone knows who you are and they all laugh out loud at you.

That’s a hell of a thing to say about a dead guy ……

I thought he was one of the best.
He was one of the absolute best !!!
No matter what this clown says!!!
An argument between a 80 yr old man, an another assistant is not hardly fighting each other in front of the kids !!!
Not sure why we keep beating a dead horse and trying to stain the legacy of the ONLY coach to win a state title here.
You vultures got what you want so just move on. What axe do you have to grind here any way?
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Foozeball23, Walt Longmire
It is worth adding that Campbellsville was forced to run Eastridge so much because their starting RB and LB, Forbis was out with food poisoning. Forbis has 7 rushing TD's on the year. Great game either way. Good luck to both teams on the rest of their seasons.
How is Campbellsville's defense? I've read a lot about the offense, just curious about the other side of the ball.
(09-19-2023, 09:01 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: He was one of the absolute best !!!
No matter what this clown says!!!
An argument between a 80 yr old man, an another assistant is not hardly fighting each other in front of the kids !!!
Not sure why we keep beating a dead horse and trying to stain the legacy of the ONLY coach to win a state title here.
You vultures got what you want so just move on. What axe do you have to grind here any way?
nobody got what they wanted nobody was wishing for Robbie to die. But after he did there is a click of people that thinks Somerset should just cancel their football program. If you was at the playoff game and I know you were you know it was more than just GH and an assistant arguing , but hey if that’s what you saw then so be it you must obviously think that I was referring to you as one of those circus clowns and it’s struck a nerve. But listen I think we both on the same side just a difference of opinion. Nobody has said anything about Robbie Lucas I don’t give a damn if they rename the field after him in fact they probably should but if you are growing and moving forward as a program you are contracting and Somerset was definitely contracting and you know it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buford T Justice's post:
  • Deuce8
Campbellsville earned they're win. Team is legit on offense. RB not playing, and still explosive. That's part of the game things happen, whistles happen. Somerset had opportunities, but these two teams mirrored each other a lot. I don't know how seedings work in the state semi's, but Campbellsville has a legit shot at being at Kroger field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Foozeball23's post:
  • Deuce8
(09-16-2023, 01:05 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote:

I'm not sure what saying something like this is meant to accomplish.  The previous staff has been replaced.  Coach Lucas won a lot of games, and a championship with that staff.  They were Somerset guys through and through.  They certainly came up with a great game plan and outcoached that vaunted staff of Mayfield in the 2019 finals.  Maybe it was best to start fresh with a new head coach coming in to let him build his own culture.  But a post like this accomplishes nothing.
[-] The following 3 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • Deuce8, Foozeball23, JumperPride1
I’m going to finish off the dead horse here and say this; everybody on the staff that remained after Robbie’s passing was asked to return. Some coaches took some time but EVERYBODY was asked to return.

The current staff of Somerset Coaches are almost all products of the coaching of the previous staff; so while some may take issue with events, play calls, situations that happened over the previous staffs long and successful history (that culminated in the passing of their mentor and friend after a much longer battle than anyone will ever know) Robbie’s legacy and that of his staff will continue to live through this current group of Jumpers. That we can all get on board with, even if there are sects of individuals who will never see the full picture but certainly feel as if they do.
[-] The following 2 users Like JumperPride1's post:
  • Deuce8, Walt Longmire