Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County (3-1) vs Estill County (3-2) 9/22
Bulldogs host Estill County for opening game of district play. Bulldogs are coming off a 44-20 victory over Harlan County, and Estill County is coming off a 22-16 loss to South Laurel.
Could be a good game but if Estill comes out flat like they did against South Laurel, then it will be over very very quickly.
Estill losing to south Laurel makes this an easy prediction

LAWRENCE
The winner of this game will get at least a home game come playoffs
If LC can minimize errors in the first half, then this will be a whipping by the Bulldogs. But make no mistake, Estill has some talent and is solidly coached. They can pull an upset if the Dawgs do not assert themselves early and often.
This being a district game will have both teams attention, so welcome to Louisa!
This should be a cake walk for LC. Estill is flat terrible.
(09-19-2023, 01:25 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: This should be a cake walk for LC.  Estill is flat terrible.
Maybe, but Estill beat East Carter, who beat Boyd Co., etc.  I don't think Estill is good, but they're not incompetent, either.  Lawrence wasn't very sharp against Harlan Co. (which is legitimately terrible).  They lack discipline at times, which I guess is to be expected when you've got so many young players in the mix.  I expect LC to win, but it won't be a cakewalk if they play like they did against Harlan Co.
I'll take LC in this one. Too much offense for the Engineers.
(09-19-2023, 10:13 AM)Buffs19 Wrote: I'll take LC in this one.  Too much offense for the Engineers.

Too much defense for estill also.
I'm saying lc 38-estill 20
If not playing well and not being disciplined results in a 44-20 victory like at Harlan County, I’ll take that all day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lcgrad2002's post:
  • AADKINS
(09-20-2023, 01:24 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: If not playing well and not being disciplined results in a 44-20 victory like at Harlan County, I’ll take that all day.

LC played hard and had several guys step up and make big plays.  D played well overall.  But.......multiple false starts, a few holding calls, a couple unsportsmanlike personal fouls, a blown coverage for a 90 yard TD, shaky special teams (missed XP, 75 yard KO return for TD), lack of execution at times on O, multiple turnovers, etc.  Should have been a running clock.  

LC has enough talent to play like that the rest of the year and still probably finish 8-2 or 7-3.  But if they play like that against Belfry they'll get thumped, and they'll have another early exit in the playoffs.

If they can bring some focus to go along with effort and talent, I think they can be pretty good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Harry Dawg's post:
  • AADKINS
They definitely have the potential and capability. I talked with coach yesterday and that’s what he said. He was proud of their effort, just needed to clean up a few things.
I'll take the Dawgs.
LC should win this one. Not enough offense for the Engineers since their lead back went down with a broken collar bone for the season. Bath was terrible is the only reason we put up that many points. As always, pulling for me 'Neers, but I don't like our odds this weeks. Good luck to both teams!
LC picks up the win and rolls in to Belfry week with some good momentum
(09-22-2023, 01:03 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: LC picks up the win and rolls in to Belfry week with some good momentum
I agree.  They'll roll into Belfry with momentum, but they'll leave with a reality check.
(09-22-2023, 02:07 PM)Wildcat45 Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 01:03 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: LC picks up the win and rolls in to Belfry week with some good momentum
I agree.  They'll roll into Belfry with momentum, but they'll leave with a reality check.

Never said where that momentum would take them. Lol
(09-22-2023, 02:07 PM)Wildcat45 Wrote:
Lc would have to play a perfect game when they roll into pond creek!! Trust me they have the weapons to put it on belfry. But I think the age class would be what gets lawrence!! I'd still pick lc 21 belfry 14 tho
Estill has some talent on this team, and I like their game calling. But I don't think it will be enough for a win.

Lawrence County is strong!! They also have some good talent and coaching.

LC for the win!!

Good luck to both teams, and NO injuries!
LC with two straight first downs then fumble recovered by Wstill.

Estill gets one

2&9

Big run by Estill up to their own 45. 12 yard run.
19 yard TD run by Manious. 2pt no good. 
​​​​​​​

Estill 6-0
End 1Q

Estill 6-0
TD Lawrence County. XP good

Lawrence County 7-6.
Estill scores right before halftime. 2pt no good.

Halftime.

Estill 12-7. Estill ball to start 2nd half.
TD Lawrence. XP good. 

Lawrence 14-12. 3Q
TD Lawrence County. XP good.

Lawrence 21-12
End 3Q 

Lawrence 21-12
This one is over.

Estill made a really dumb call when they had it inside the Lawrence 10. Niece up the middle on 4th down went no where. No pass play once they got down inside the 10 and passing is what got them down to the 10.
Lawrence had a couple fumbles early in the 1st quarter and costed them a couple touchdowns. But they brought it back 2nd half and made a statement for themselves