Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Teacher/Football Coach Facing Allegations
Lots of talk about this in the grapevine.  Another teacher and coach, facing allegations of inappropriate behavior.

https://www.news-expressky.com/news/pike...16f47.html
Let’s not talk about this in a football forum. There is a general news section on this app. I think if people want to discuss this it should be there
Agreed. Very serious situation. Very sad
We have always allowed posts similar to this in the sports forums in the past as long as it was a legitimate news story, and  it didn't mention student athletes' by names.  This is a legitimate news story as it was printed in a local newspaper, and the Pike County Board of Education has acknowledged that they are aware of the situation and that several agencies are currently investigating matters.

If you choose to commit, DO NOT MENTION STUDENT NAMES.
[-] The following 4 users Like Westside's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, jetpilot, pjdoug
(09-12-2023, 09:24 PM)Westside Wrote: We have always allowed posts similar to this in the sports forums in the past as long as it was a legitimate news story, and  it didn't mention student athletes' by names.  This is a legitimate news story as it was printed in a local newspaper, and the Pike County Board of Education has acknowledged that they are aware of the situation and that several agencies are currently investigating matters.

This has nothing to do with football. This has nothing to do with high school football. I understand and agree that topics like this need to be discussed but not here. Like I said…and correct me if I’m wrong… we have a place topics like this can and should be discussed in.

(09-12-2023, 09:27 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:24 PM)Westside Wrote: We have always allowed posts similar to this in the sports forums in the past as long as it was a legitimate news story, and  it didn't mention student athletes' by names.  This is a legitimate news story as it was printed in a local newspaper, and the Pike County Board of Education has acknowledged that they are aware of the situation and that several agencies are currently investigating matters.

This has nothing to do with football. This has nothing to do with high school football. I understand and agree that topics like this need to be discussed but not here. Like I said…and correct me if I’m wrong… we have a place topics like this can and should be discussed in.
Yes I’m correct. Scroll way down the screen under General discussions. We can talk about these kinds of things there
Actually, the man involved is an assistant football coach. It has reason to be in this forum, as well as the general discussion forum.

Westside is correct. I just read the article, and it is very respectful to the victims and mentions NO names but for the accused.

To be honest, I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned before.

This is a legitimate subject for the football forum, and I expect anyone who responds will be as respectful and factual as the newspaper article is.
[-] The following 12 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 64SUR, BobcatForever, Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Diogenes, HighViz, jetpilot, Nations Elite, pjdoug, RAMDAD50, Shogun, Westside
I believe this is more of an occurrence and becoming more regularly exposed because of the lower standards set now to become a teacher. Not in all cases but with qualifications being lowered in most schools to fill spots as they are now taking anybody with pulses just like most of the work force, will we see this more as mentally sick people are getting access to kids. Problem has always existed but social media access and a social IQ drop maybe has accelerated the sickness
[-] The following 3 users Like Wildcat_blue's post:
  • AdsFanatic, Gitback Coach, Hatz
I can appreciate the work your putting in to getting this thread shut down as well But Don’t worry guys the Lambs time in the spot light is coming
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walleye1's post:
  • Bandit29
There's a team in the 16th region that's had a few of these things happen, but they've been kept hush.
Then make a thread about it if you want. The thread that was moved was being commented on inappropriately. There's NO cover up here!!

As long as the verbage is correct, it can stay. But one word or even inuendo toward a minor, and it's history.
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • BobcatForever, Colonel4Life1999, Rock nation
The difference between this matter here and the supposed rumors out of Raceland is this is factual information. This is actually a good learning moment here for BGR as a community. We’ve always wanted to stay away from being the next topix. But the issue at hand in Belfry was something picked up by multiple news outlets and even commented on by the school system higher ups. So that’s why it is here. The Raceland situation has not been made public no matter how true it is and no matter how much everyone knows if it is actually factual or not. At this point it is still a rumor and when you bring up folks names and even minors names, that’s immediately coming down that’s just how we do things here.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 5 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!, Colonel4Life1999, Diogenes, Jarons, pjdoug
Hopefully the allegations are not true. Embarrassing and disgusting if true. The coach mentioned in the article has a young daughter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • skully03
^That's heart breaking.
(09-12-2023, 09:46 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote: I believe this is more of an occurrence and becoming more regularly exposed because of the lower standards set now to become a teacher.  Not in all cases but with qualifications being lowered in most schools to fill spots as they are now taking anybody with pulses just like most of the work force, will we see this more as mentally sick people are getting access to kids.  Problem has always existed but social media access and a social IQ drop maybe has accelerated the sickness

This post is so true.  It might be time we: re-institute accountability and discipline in schools; actually treat teachers as professionals equivalent to nurses and doctors; place cameras in all classrooms; and forbid teachers and school officials to use any form of social media to communicate with students.  If teaching was valued as a profession, more high quality, talented people would seek the positions.  With that being said- bad actors make their way into all walks of life and professions.  As a society, we need to realize people that those who abuse kids are NOT REDEEMABLE.  Rehabilitation and registering as a sex offender is poor punishment compared to the damage of sexually, emotionally, and psychologically damaging a young person for life.  Why don’t we execute these people in our town squares?
(09-13-2023, 09:23 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 09:46 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote: I believe this is more of an occurrence and becoming more regularly exposed because of the lower standards set now to become a teacher.  Not in all cases but with qualifications being lowered in most schools to fill spots as they are now taking anybody with pulses just like most of the work force, will we see this more as mentally sick people are getting access to kids.  Problem has always existed but social media access and a social IQ drop maybe has accelerated the sickness

This post is so true.  It might be time we: re-institute accountability and discipline in schools; actually treat teachers as professionals equivalent to nurses and doctors; place cameras in all classrooms; and forbid teachers and school officials to use any form of social media to communicate with students.  If teaching was valued as a profession, more high quality, talented people would seek the positions.  With that being said- bad actors make their way into all walks of life and professions.  As a society, we need to realize people that those who abuse kids are NOT REDEEMABLE.  Rehabilitation and registering as a sex offender is poor punishment compared to the damage of sexually, emotionally, and psychologically damaging a young person for life.  Why don’t we execute these people in our town squares?

My daughter accuses me of being a liberal.  My best friend accuses me of being a narrow minded conservative.  I see myself as being a moderate, leaning toward the conservative side.  In any event, I have often wondered about what you say in this post, that I have bolded.
Been a roller coaster of the past six months on Pond Creek.

If the art of journalism wasn't dead and newspapers gutted... someone could have made a field day with all the craziness surrounding Belfry.
This is bad. But to say it is not redeemable is taking grace completely out of the equation. I hate this situation I really do but I’m trying to pray for everyone involved. Even the coach. Everyone deserves grace but everyone, sadly will not ask for forgiveness and accept the grace that has been freely bought for them on the cross. Does he need punished? Yes!! But if he truly is sorry and repents and asks God into his life he can be forgiven. It’s us, the human race that never forgets or forgives. I don’t wanna debate anyone. I’m just going by the Bible. God bless you all. Pray for Pond Creek!!
[-] The following 4 users Like skully03's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Nygfan106wins, Spud6
(09-14-2023, 11:47 AM)skully03 Wrote: This is bad. But to say it is not redeemable is taking grace completely out of the equation. I hate this situation I really do but I’m trying to pray for everyone involved. Even the coach. Everyone deserves grace but everyone, sadly will not ask for forgiveness and accept the grace that has been freely bought for them on the cross. Does he need punished? Yes!! But if he truly is sorry and repents and asks God into his life he can be forgiven. It’s us, the human race that never forgets or forgives. I don’t wanna debate anyone. I’m just going by the Bible. God bless you all. Pray for Pond Creek!!
I agree but for the men who have daughters at that high school or had daughters go to high school there have to be sick to their stomach wondering what may have happened.
I agree. I do have a daughter at that school. And I do feel sick to my stomach. This hits too close to home for me in more ways than one. Just trying to keep a level head.
[-] The following 1 user Likes skully03's post:
  • Westside
(09-14-2023, 12:40 PM)skully03 Wrote: I agree. I do have a daughter at that school. And I do feel sick to my stomach. This hits too close to home for me in more ways than one. Just trying to keep a level head.

who/what does God speak of when he talks about reprobates who have gone too far and turned over for a hardness of heart?

The redemption of their SOUL is GOD’s business.  I’m talking about their redemption in this world and as a member of society.
(09-14-2023, 02:37 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 12:40 PM)skully03 Wrote: I agree. I do have a daughter at that school. And I do feel sick to my stomach. This hits too close to home for me in more ways than one. Just trying to keep a level head.

who/what does God speak of when he talks about reprobates who have gone too far and turned over for a hardness of heart?

The redemption of their SOUL is GOD’s business.  I’m talking about their redemption in this world and as a member of society.

Romans 1:27-32 KJV
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. [28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

That may be the passage you’re referring to. I’m not claiming To know everything about this. I know the Bible does say that blaspheming of God is the only sin unforgivable. So I’ll just leave it there.

And you’re absolutely right, redemption of their souls is up to God. This world today doesn’t forget or forgive anything. But as a Christian myself, I must forgive anyone who wrongs me. I do my very best not To hold a grudge. And to be honest, if it was my daughter I’m not sure how I would react.
Why has the coach mentioned in the article still not been arrested? You’d think the newspapers and social media news outlets would not blast his name without actual proof this happened and he’d have been arrested by now if there was proof. Is there proof this happened or just rumors at this point?
Word flowing down The Creek is there were more happenings at the school today. This time in the flavor of the other football. Goal?
(09-14-2023, 03:07 PM)skully03 Wrote:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. [28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

That may be the passage you’re referring to. I’m not claiming To know everything about this. I know the Bible does say that blaspheming of God is the only sin unforgivable. So I’ll just leave it there.

And you’re absolutely right, redemption of their souls is up to God. This world today doesn’t forget or forgive anything. But as a Christian myself, I must forgive anyone who wrongs me. I do my very best not To hold a grudge. And to be honest, if it was my daughter I’m not sure how I would react.

You sound like a great guy Skully!  I can’t stand for kids and old people to be done wrong.  This world is not my home.
[-] The following 4 users Like ROTC's post:
  • Deuce8, Rip/Spin, skully03, Spud6
According what side of politics they are on. They on the right side it will be sweep under the rug and they just transfer the teacher to another school. It has happened in Pike county on several occasions. There is proof. If the teacher is in the wrong side of politics they are screwed. I'm a proven example. They have done me dirty. I have attended sporting events and paid my taxes for over 50 years and no problems. I don't bother nobody and they don't even give me a reason why? This has to stop!!!! Why???? I bother nobody!!! Nobody!!!!

And I think the world of the superintendent of schools in Pike county too. He is a great man and has my support.

Time to get this resolved. I'm not going to be here much longer and I love sports. Just tell what to do to make this right. What??????
!!!!!!!!!!
(09-15-2023, 07:48 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: According what side of politics they are on. They on the right side it will be sweep under the rug and they just transfer the teacher to another school. It has happened in Pike county on several occasions. There is proof. If the teacher is in the wrong side of politics they are screwed. I'm a proven example. They have done me dirty. I have attended sporting events and paid my taxes for over 50 years and no problems. I don't bother nobody and they don't even give me a reason why? This has to stop!!!! Why???? I bother nobody!!! Nobody!!!!

And I think the world of the superintendent of schools in Pike county too. He is a great man and has my support.

Time to get this resolved. I'm not going to be here much longer and I love sports. Just tell what to do to make this right. What??????
!!!!!!!!!!
If there is proof he will never be in a setting supervising children again. He will be in prison and required to register as a sex offender. All depends on what the investigation entails.
(09-15-2023, 09:14 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 07:48 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: According what side of politics they are on. They on the right side it will be sweep under the rug and they just transfer the teacher to another school. It has happened in Pike county on several occasions. There is proof. If the teacher is in the wrong side of politics they are screwed. I'm a proven example. They have done me dirty. I have attended sporting events and paid my taxes for over 50 years and no problems. I don't bother nobody and they don't even give me a reason why? This has to stop!!!! Why???? I bother nobody!!! Nobody!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!
If there is proof he will never be in a setting supervising children again. He will be in prison and required to register as a sex offender. All depends on what the investigation entails.

I'll believe it when I see it. Not saying that's not what should happen, but I've seen it multiple times in Kentucky High Schools, some cases even making the newspaper like this one, and in the end nothing is done except for in the court of public opinion.
(09-14-2023, 06:23 PM)ROTC Wrote:

You sound like a great guy Skully!  I can’t stand for kids and old people to be done wrong.  This world is not my home.

Skully is one of the best guys I've ever known.  He doesn't just practice Christianity; he LIVES it.
You made a great point, ROTC, that I would like to reiterate.  When I agreed with your first post, I was not referring to this guy's soul.  That is solely between him and God.  And nobody on this side of eternity has a right to judge that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • skully03
(09-15-2023, 09:25 AM)Shogun Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 09:14 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!

I'll believe it when I see it. Not saying that's not what should happen, but I've seen it multiple times in Kentucky High Schools, some cases even making the newspaper like this one, and in the end nothing is done except for in the court of public opinion.
Isn’t the West boy from a few years ago that got caught still in jail?
(09-15-2023, 09:29 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 06:23 PM)ROTC Wrote:

Skully is one of the best guys I've ever known.  He doesn't just practice Christianity; he LIVES it.
You made a great point, ROTC, that I would like to reiterate.  When I agreed with your first post, I was not referring to this guy's soul.  That is solely between him and God.  And nobody on this side of eternity has a right to judge that.

I appreciate that Granny. And absolutely about his soul. I pray he can make it right before it’s too late.

By the way, I miss all our football banter back and forth. Football season isn’t what it used to be. Stay busy with the kiddos now. Miss your pumpkin cake too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes skully03's post:
  • Granny Bear