Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
82.35%
Raceland
17.65%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs Raceland 9/15
Highlands (3-1)
Aug 18, 23 Lexington Catholic away (W) 34 - 27 
Aug 25, 23 Covington Catholic home (L) 21 - 35 
Sep 1, 23 Campbell County home (W) 67 - 35 
Sep 8, 23 Ryle home (W) 52 - 20

Raceland (2-1)
Aug 18, 23 Ashland Blazer away (L) 21 - 28 
Aug 25, 23 Letcher County Central away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 8, 23 Pikeville away (W) 7 - 6

History
Sep 9, 2022 Highlands 24 Raceland 14

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
The secondary better come ready to play in this one. Highlands has a pretty good passing game that can cause us trouble. Offensively I think we can move the ball and I look for a lot of clock management similar to the Pikeville game.

I look for this game to be similar to last year. I think we can hang around and keep it respectable but Highlands depth will prove to be too much to overcome.

Birds 28
Rams 14
This is a tough one for the Rams. I don’t know anything about Highlands. Are they better then they were last year? Do they have a kid like the Noon kid from last year on this years team? The Rams have to be perfect to win this one
(09-10-2023, 10:44 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: This is a tough one for the Rams. I don’t know anything about Highlands. Are they better then they were last year? Do they have a kid like the Noon kid from last year on this years team? The Rams have to be perfect to win this one
I don’t think they have a kid like Noon but what is going to cause us problems is they have several good athletes that they can rotate throughout the game and I think that’s what will wear us down. 

On a side note it is hard to believe that we are halfway through Sept and are just now playing our first home game.
Let’s go Raceland…………..Never have been a highlands fan
(09-10-2023, 10:43 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: The secondary better come ready to play in this one.  Highlands has a pretty good passing game that can cause us trouble.  Offensively I think we can move the ball and I look for a lot of clock management similar to the Pikeville game.

I look for this game to be similar to last year.  I think we can hang around and keep it respectable but Highlands depth will prove to be too much to overcome. 

Birds 28
Rams 14
Agree.  Highlands by 14
Raceland can do it but they'll have to play well, I hope they do !!
I hear Highlands has a big Oline and Dline......

[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/WRrIK5HNpfGtq/giphy.gif]

Highland 28
Raceland 21
We get to see what the northern part of the state has hope the rams win and playing at Raceland Highlands is all ready 14 down and 17 penalties down just had to let RAMDAD50 have something to laugh at but I really am pulling for the Rams
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Slic Ric
Goina be a tough one to pull off this win for my Rams this week. But I said the same thing last week…
(09-10-2023, 07:00 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: We get to see what the northern part of the state has hope the rams win and playing at Raceland Highlands is all ready 14 down and 17 penalties down just had to let RAMDAD50 have something to laugh at but I really am pulling for the Rams
So by your logic Raceland is 21 points better than Pikeville?? Hahahah just kidding PAT hahah
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
Does this show how far highlands has fallen scheduling and even thinking of playing a class A school
(09-10-2023, 08:53 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 07:00 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: We get to see what the northern part of the state has hope the rams win and playing at Raceland Highlands is all ready 14 down and 17 penalties down just had to let RAMDAD50 have something to laugh at but I really am pulling for the Rams
So by your logic Raceland is 21 points better than Pikeville?? Hahahah just kidding PAT hahah
Well for one Pikeville probably had more penalty yards at Pikeville than Raceland and it definitely wasn’t 17 to 0 and my logic is just fine Pikeville will be the 1A state champion again in 2023 but someone has to be JetPilot since he has been missing in action like Ram a devil did last fall hahaha
If Highlands sticks to their game plan and throws the ball 40x we could be in trouble. We have to get better defending the deep passes. We have given up more than one in all games this year.
(09-11-2023, 10:53 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: If Highlands sticks to their game plan and throws the ball 40x we could be in trouble. We have to get better defending the deep passes. We have given up more than one in all games this year.
I hope we can keep it close but we possibly could be outmatched in this game.  Raceland has to find a way to shorten the game and sustain long drives.  Highlands possibly could have the most explosive offense we will see all season and if we can’t figure out a way to stop their air game it could be a long night.
Highlands QB 6’4–240 lbs and can run. Stopping him is a key
Raceland win over pikeville was a fluke. If Pikeville start RB Anthony had got to play pikeville would of won the game. Raceland better pray they don't meet pikeville in the playoffs. Raceland pass defense is weak. Highlands passing attack will expose raceland.
Highlands-42
Raceland-13
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Nations Elite
(09-11-2023, 10:53 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: If Highlands sticks to their game plan and throws the ball 40x we could be in trouble. We have to get better defending the deep passes. We have given up more than one in all games this year.
With HHS you never know what offense they plan on running.
1st two games average 20 passes a game. Last two games 44 passes.
Now I would say almost 3/4 of the passes are bubble screens to WR/Slot.

I think their strength is in the run game.
Am I the only one who things this should and most likely will be a running clock?
A top 5, 5A school, imo, should put a running clock at on anyone in this years 1A. I just don’t see Raceland and even Pikeville at 100% as top 10-15 in the state regardless of class. But I don’t think that happens tomorrow night and for those who think Belfry is going to roll Pikeville, they are mistaken….but anyway… If Raceland can sustain drives and keep the Benke (think that’s the QB) and his offense off the field, Raceland can win this game in a 28-20 type fashion. If they fail to do so or leave points on the field by stalling in the red zone or with turnovers, it will be a long night for my Rams.

Another big factor will be if the Rams can get a lead and keep it. Last year we got up and gave up I believe 21 unanswered points.
(09-14-2023, 03:42 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: A top 5, 5A school, imo, should put a running clock at on anyone in this years 1A. I just don’t see Raceland and even Pikeville at 100% as top 10-15 in the state regardless of class. But I don’t think that happens tomorrow night and for those who think Belfry is going to roll Pikeville, they are mistaken….but anyway… If Raceland can sustain drives and keep the Benke (think that’s the QB) and his offense off the field, Raceland can win this game in a 28-20 type fashion. If they fail to do so or leave points on the field by stalling in the red zone or with turnovers, it will be a long night for my Rams.

Another big factor will be if the Rams can get a lead and keep it. Last year we got up and gave up I believe 21 unanswered points.
The biggest difference this year compared to last year is the Noon kid is gone. He was one of the best high school football players I’ve seen in person. If Highlands would’ve fed him the ball more the score margin would’ve been a lot bigger! Rams have to play better then they did last week to give themselves a chance
You have to expect this to be a bit of a let down game for Raceland. They get a big emotional win over Pikeville last week and now face a solid Highlands team. Hard for kids this age to stay focused and hungry after a win over a rival.
That’s my worry. But I think it being the first home game this year will help compensate that a little. If Raceland comes out sluggish though, it will be a long night.
If Highlands doesn't win by at least 3 TD's I think that says more about who and where they are. Win by that margin and you're who some think you are becoming again.

Highlands 45
Raceland 20
This is a game where I look for Highlands to try to make a statement. If they really are getting back to the level of football that the are used to playing at then it shouldn't be close.
Honestly there is no shame if they do come in and hammer us because even though their program has been down for their standards the fact remains that they are still a blueblood program in this state that should smack teams like Raceland around more often than not.

In the grand scheme this game really doesnt mean much outside of RPI points. Should we try to win, absolutely but realistically I think the goal against traditional powers like Highlands should be finding ways to improve against solid competition and most importantly walking away without injuries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • nemo
I think this is a tough game for Raceland. First, is the fact they played Pikeville last week. It was a very physical game and a very emotional game. Now you have to play a school from northern Kentucky that is 3 times their size. That is a challenge.

I'll be rooting for Raceland. They have great athletics and a great community. I respect their school district.
(09-14-2023, 03:57 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 03:42 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: A top 5, 5A school, imo, should put a running clock at on anyone in this years 1A. I just don’t see Raceland and even Pikeville at 100% as top 10-15 in the state regardless of class. But I don’t think that happens tomorrow night and for those who think Belfry is going to roll Pikeville, they are mistaken….but anyway… If Raceland can sustain drives and keep the Benke (think that’s the QB) and his offense off the field, Raceland can win this game in a 28-20 type fashion. If they fail to do so or leave points on the field by stalling in the red zone or with turnovers, it will be a long night for my Rams.

The biggest difference this year compared to last year is the Noon kid is gone. He was one of the best high school football players I’ve seen in person. If Highlands would’ve fed him the ball more the score margin would’ve been a lot bigger! Rams have to play better then they did last week to give themselves a chance

If you were impressed with Noon, you'll like Brody Benke - TDs on passing, receiving, and rushing. As bo67 mentioned, he's a handful at 6'-4"/240 lbs.

Highlands of late, is playing like the angry Birds of old.
The game Friday should be streamed here:

https://www.youtube.com/@KoolHits1057/streams
Watched the highlands Cov cath game. Cov cath won. Highlands is good at every position. Best case scenario for rams is be competitive and don’t get anybody injured.
I believe last year was a fill in game for both teams. I think this was the first year for most of our two year home and home series. So is this series over after this year or is this the beginning of a two year deal?? Anybody know ….anybody? Bueller… Bueller… Bueller.?