Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pikeville vs Belfry 9/15
Predictions??? Both team are 2-2. One common opponent in JC. Pikeville won 21-14 Belfry won 48-20. Pikeville has won 4 straight in this series. I think this year I could see either team winning. Whoever can control the LOS and run the football will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Bull got out!
I think Belfry wins this one. They keep getting better and this is the third tough game for Pikeville in a row.
Belfry 28
Pikeville 12
Pikeville 35-14
I am taking Pikeville but it the offense don’t get going it is a toss up
Well, Belfry is my second favorite team and I'm hoping they get it done on Pond Creek come Friday. I'm thinking this one is just too close to call but I'd say it will be a very good close game and I think Pikevilles needs a better kicking game than they've showed to win. Pirates 21-19.
Bump
Big question in this one is if Belfry had their QB back . If so they have a good chance. If not Pikeville has big advantage. Turnovers beat the Pirates last week and if they continue might beat them this week. Woolum at QB makes the ball easy to find since he is their go to guy. Nothing against any other player but he is best athlete on team. His younger brother showed some flashes last week and I believe needs some more PT at other half back slot. Game will be determined by Health and turnovers.
(09-11-2023, 07:15 AM)Truewords Wrote: Big question in this one is if Belfry had their QB back . If so they have a good chance. If not Pikeville has big advantage. Turnovers beat the Pirates last week and if they continue might beat them this week. Woolum at QB makes the ball easy to find since he is their go to guy. Nothing against any other player but he is best athlete on team. His younger brother showed some flashes last week and I believe needs some more PT at other half back slot. Game will be determined by Health and turnovers.

The same can be said for Pikeville with B. Anthony. That’s a big question with the Panthers.  He is an impact player for them on both sides of the ball and are really a different team without him in many ways.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Panthers.. This is the most down season I have seen the Pirates in a while.
God please let the Pirates win. Amen.
(09-11-2023, 08:03 AM)VoR_58 Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 07:15 AM)Truewords Wrote: Big question in this one is if Belfry had their QB back . If so they have a good chance. If not Pikeville has big advantage. Turnovers beat the Pirates last week and if they continue might beat them this week. Woolum at QB makes the ball easy to find since he is their go to guy. Nothing against any other player but he is best athlete on team. His younger brother showed some flashes last week and I believe needs some more PT at other half back slot. Game will be determined by Health and turnovers.

The same can be said for Pikeville with B. Anthony. That’s a big question with the Panthers.  He is an impact player for them on both sides of the ball and are really a different team without him in many ways.
Defiantly could've used Brenden Anthony against Raceland Friday night , not to mention kicker Jacob Rogers. Last season he was righ t on with his kicking duties. I think he was around 99% efficient on xtra points. These teams meet again, got a feeling there'll be a different outcome in Pikeville's favor.

(09-11-2023, 08:03 AM)VoR_58 Wrote:

The JC score of these teams playing them has be puzzled. I am going to wait to do my pick em lineup until the injury questions are more clear later in the week. My gut says Pikeville, but its on Pond Creek. TORN!!!!!
(09-11-2023, 12:47 PM)jumpshooter Wrote: The JC score of these teams playing them has be puzzled. I am going to wait to do my pick em lineup until the injury questions are more clear later in the week. My gut says Pikeville, but its on Pond Creek. TORN!!!!!
Don’t go by scores watch the tapes. Same JC team that showed up at Pikeville didn’t come to Pond Creek. Same JC team that played Belfry wasn’t same one that played Breathitt they had 4 turnovers and beat them by more than Belfry. Belfry showed up and JC didn’t. Belfry came an ace of beating SW without a QB and if weren’t for turnovers I believe would have. I hope both teams show up and bring A game. Could and should be a great matchup
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • nemo
This one is a toss up for me could go either way. Could be close either way, could be a beat down either way. Pikeville and Raceland was a dogfight. Raceland was right with Belfry for the most part in the scrimmage but that’s a scrimmage. I really have no clue what to think in terms of a prediction lol. Any news on Anthony?
Too close to call. Injuries or who plays and who doesn’t will ply a big part in this one.
If Anthony RB from pikeville plays pikeville wins if not Belfry wins in a close one.
Belfry-34
Pikeville-26
I think he makes a difference defensively. But offensively not so much
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Patriot1
Not having Chase Varney is like not having two offensive players this year.

Not only do you lose his ability at QB and ability to for once hurt the opposition through the air, but you force Belfry's most dangerous rushing and receiving threat in Woolum into a role where his ability to hurt the defense is diminished.

Belfry played admirably Friday given the circumstances. Definitely improving at the LOS.

Pikeville losing to Raceland is the worst thing that could have happened though for Belfry.

I'll take Pikeville 21-14.
(09-12-2023, 10:25 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I think he makes a difference defensively. But offensively not so much

Are you serious? lol! If he would have played against Raceland the projected score would have been P 21 R 0 and I'm being totally serious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
Smile Where was you at Friday? You can still submit your picks..,,,.. Not lol…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
Anthony averages over 8 yards/carry and has 5 TDs in 3 games on offense and can and does flatten anyone on the field blocking out of the backfield...
(09-12-2023, 11:50 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile Where was you at Friday? You can still submit your picks..,,,.. Not lol…

Got held up working. Needed to let RD50 catch up anyway so I can pass him again hehe
[-] The following 4 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!, Patriot1, pjdoug, Westside
(09-12-2023, 11:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 10:25 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I think he makes a difference defensively. But offensively not so much

Are you serious? lol! If he would have played against Raceland the projected score would have been P 21 R 0 and I'm being totally serious.
Glad to have you back I couldn’t fell your shoes but I tried
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot, Westside
PIKEVILLE - 28
BELFRY    -  14
(09-12-2023, 11:57 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 11:50 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile Where was you at Friday? You can still submit your picks..,,,.. Not lol…

Got held up working. Needed to let RD50 catch up anyway so I can pass him again hehe

Glad to see you back, JP.  It's not the same without you on here.
[-] The following 4 users Like Westside's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, jetpilot, Patriot1
I'm hoping the Panthers can extend their winning streak against their cross-county rival but they are gonna have to play better than they did last Friday night. Not to take anything away from Raceland because they deserved to win and are no doubt right there with Pikeville as the co-favorites to win Class A but Pikeville has to get their offense going before November gets here.

IMO Anthony is obviously the best player on defense and possibly on offense as well, not having him available will undoubtedly hurt the Panthers but as long as he's healthy for the playoffs is all that matters when it's all said and done.

Belfry seems to be much improved and I just can't pick the Panthers to go into Pond Creek and win, I hope I'm wrong and this is the game things start to gel.

Pikeville 22
Belfry 28
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • jetpilot
Or hitting wide open receivers behind the defense about 2 or 3 yards but Anthony would have made a difference on the offensive side too hopefully they play again
(09-12-2023, 11:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Coulda woulda shoulda.

LOL!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
This one should be a dandy, good luck to both the Pirates and Panthers. Hopefully this is a clean game, Lord knows these two teams have had their share of injuries already and the season isn't even at the halfway point yet.
[-] The following 3 users Like #55PirateFan's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot, Patriot1