Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 41 Breathitt County 00
This is embarrassing. Something has to give. I didn’t make the trip. Glad I didn’t now. I support these kids but something has to give. All the hype coming into this season and just not been prepared any game this year.
I think talk of JC's demise may have been a bit premature. I'm not counting them out. I look for them to be right in the hunt for the opportunity to get blasted by Boyle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Diogenes
Johnson central with 605 Total yards of offense. 524 rushing yards, music rushed for 224 yards, Conley 140 yards. Defense gave up 2 yards of offense. Music and Conley back is huge for the eagles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Diogenes
2 yards?
Congratulations Johnson Central……
(09-09-2023, 01:29 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: This is embarrassing. Something has to give. I didn’t make the trip. Glad I didn’t now. I support these kids but something has to give. All the hype coming into this season and just not been prepared any game this year.

That hype was all coming from Jackson.  The rest of us knew better.

(09-09-2023, 01:43 AM)bac2369 Wrote: 2 yards?

Yup, and I think they gave both of them up on one play......
[-] The following 4 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • Diogenes, HighViz, Waaaazoooooo, Westside
Johnson Central had 4 first half turnovers but the defense held Breathitt at bay until the offense got on track. With McCoart out for the season, this will be the third straight year that the Golden Eagles lost a starting running back to an early season injury. JC will be very good in time for the playoffs but losing McCoart for the season will make it very difficult to compete with teams loaded with great recruiting classes transfers in the playoffs. If Conley and Music stay healthy and the passing game continues to improve, the district game with Ashland should be a great match-up.
Breathitt sucks !!!! Dont get to excited
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waaaazoooooo's post:
  • Cowboy42
Congratulations to the Eagles. Great programs always finds ways to bounce back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • Woodshed
Congratulations to Johnson Central
(09-09-2023, 01:37 AM)Gold River Wrote: Johnson central with 605 Total yards of offense. 524 rushing yards, music rushed for 224 yards, Conley 140 yards. Defense gave up 2 yards of offense. Music and Conley back is huge for the eagles.

Central will be a tough out, in my opinion. When they have their full complement of players healthy to carry out their offensive plan of attack of running it down your throat , they are a machine. I was very impressed by them at Corbin last year.

(09-09-2023, 02:18 AM)Waaaazoooooo Wrote: Breathitt sucks !!!! Dont get to excited

Go fetch some water!
(09-09-2023, 01:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I think talk of JC's demise may have been a bit premature. I'm not counting them out.  I look for them to be right in the hunt for the opportunity to get blasted by Boyle.
The Tomkittens are gonna scratch a poopy spot in the golden chickens rear ends this year …mark it down
(09-09-2023, 10:05 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 01:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I think talk of JC's demise may have been a bit premature. I'm not counting them out.  I look for them to be right in the hunt for the opportunity to get blasted by Boyle.
The Tomkittens are gonna scratch a poopy spot in the golden chickens rear ends this year …mark it down

We'll see. But I wouldn't be too certain. I'm flying with the Eagles at home. But what do I know. I stayed at a Hampton Inn last night.
[-] The following 5 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Isaac Bell, Patriot1, RAMDAD50, Woodshed
This post won't age well. You can count the number of times that Ashand has won games against Johnson Central in the past 20 years on one hand and have enough digits left over to make obscene gestures or to show how many state championship games Raceland has played (and lost).
(09-09-2023, 11:24 AM)Isaac Bell Wrote:
This post won't age well. You can count the number of times that Ashand has won games against Johnson Central in the past 20 years on one hand and have enough digits left over to make obscene gestures or to show how many state championship games Raceland has played (and lost).

I agree. I think JC takes care of business.  Ashland might be like that drop dead gorgeous young babe you see across the room sitting with her back to you and those beautiful long flowing locks that you want to run your fingers through. Then when you approach her , with heart pounding and ready to lock eyes and return her lustful gaze,  she spins around in her chair and reveals that 60 y.o. face full of wrinkles and rotted teeth, and saying, "hi handsome" in her deep, gravely voice. 

Ashland may be eye candy with an ugly underbelly.

Can you tell I'm speaking from experience? Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Diogenes
GILFS need love too,Hound! No shame there!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
Glad to see Music and Conley back!
Congratulations Johnson Central!!!
Maybe the folks in Jackson should not have moaned about a tougher schedule and just let it be???
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • HighViz
Breathitt may be better off going back to scheduling Jenkins, Knott, Jackson County, and Magoffin Co. They can’t play big boy football
[-] The following 2 users Like pirateforlife's post:
  • HighViz, Parkway_Paul
Kinda what I was a getting at
Breathitt has Hazard coming up. Should be able to get back on the winning track.
Ashland over Raceland by 7. Raceland over Pikeville by 1. Pikeville over Johnson Central by 7. It doesn’t get any clearer than that. Ashland over Johnson Central by 15.

Where’s Bob Seger? Johnson Central still wears the same uniforms as they did during their run of dominance, but they’re not the same players or team.
(09-09-2023, 01:29 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: This is embarrassing. Something has to give. I didn’t make the trip. Glad I didn’t now. I support these kids but something has to give. All the hype coming into this season and just not been prepared any game this year.
All the hype comes within the Breathitt faithful and BSN. The football program has not been that good for awhile now and they will be worse next year. I don’t know which is worse, girls basketball or the football program.
You know P_P…. you have asked a very harsh but real question.
can we stop talking about Breathitt yet?
Did Breathitt really only have 2 yards of offense? Is that including penalty yards against them? Not one 1st down? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.
(09-14-2023, 08:50 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Did Breathitt really only have 2 yards of offense? Is that including penalty yards against them? Not one 1st down? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.

I think they had a couple of first downs but also had some huge losses from sacks and negative rushing plays.