Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 43 Pulaski County 0
Final.
Congratulations Corbin!!
Pulaski is down this year, but good win Corbin
Pulaski moved the ball pretty well but never could do more once they got to the red zone
Congrats Corbin. Seemed close for almost a half. Where was the starting RB?
Congrats Corbin!
(09-08-2023, 11:56 PM)HighViz Wrote: Congrats Corbin.  Seemed close for almost a half. Where was the starting RB?

Sprained ankle.  Didn't dress.
Solid win for the hounds.
Congratulations Corbin
I just listened, didn't watch. Maybe the most unimpressive 43-0 win ever? Corbin was very sloppy . Lot of dropped passes, STILL. Double digit penalties. Pulaski ran the ball all night on the Corbin defense. Just couldn't hang on to the ball in the redzone. If the Hounds exhibit this kind of play next week, they will lose by 35 + .

Interested to see if others think the Hounds have to do to be competitive next week. Has Corbin just not showed what all it has to offer yet, while playing less talented teams? The talent pendulum swings the other way next week . Hounds better figure some things out or the new Campbell christening will be an epic letdown.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(09-09-2023, 12:57 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I just listened, didn't watch. Maybe the most unimpressive 43-0 win ever?  Corbin was very sloppy . Lot of dropped passes, STILL. Double digit penalties. Pulaski ran the ball all night on the Corbin defense. Just couldn't hang on to the ball in the redzone. If the Hounds exhibit this kind of play next week, they will lose by 35 + .

Interested to see if others think the Hounds have to do to be competitive next week. Has Corbin just not showed what all it has to offer yet, while playing less talented teams? The talent pendulum swings the other way next week . Hounds better figure some things out or the new Campbell christening will be an epic letdown.

I think Corbin is trying to hold out there true offense in hopes that Frederick Douglass won't have no film on them. Now I expect next week to see a completly different look meaning the spread offense being the main offense ran against Freddy D. But if Corbin runs what they have run the last 2 weeks against Frederick Douglass, Corbin will be in trouble. Next week aint no Pulaski County. Next week Frederick Douglass is coming to prove a point themselves.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
I’m with old school. I left after the half so it could have gotten better. But that wasn’t the same team that was on the field last week. Kinda flat. Going through motions. Maybe looking ahead? I don’t know. You never say a win is bad. But that was an unimpressive running clock game. They better tighten their straps this coming week or it might be a long night. I can probably see some very hard practices coming up too if everyone else watched the same game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • TD Hounds
Did Bailey not play ?
(09-09-2023, 01:06 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 12:57 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I just listened, didn't watch. Maybe the most unimpressive 43-0 win ever?  Corbin was very sloppy . Lot of dropped passes, STILL. Double digit penalties. Pulaski ran the ball all night on the Corbin defense. Just couldn't hang on to the ball in the redzone. If the Hounds exhibit this kind of play next week, they will lose by 35 + .

I think Corbin is trying to hold out there true offense in hopes that Frederick Douglass won't have no film on them. Now I expect next week to see a completly different look meaning the spread offense being the main offense ran against Freddy D. But if Corbin runs what they have run the last 2 weeks against Frederick Douglass, Corbin will be in trouble. Next week aint no Pulaski County. Next week Frederick Douglass is coming to prove a point themselves.....

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I think Elam and Tommy have been holding back the first three weeks. I think we will see much more spread offense. If not... it will be a LOOOOONG night next Friday.  I'm hoping after next week's Douglass game, Bull will be able to say the Hounds can play within 3 TDs of Boyle(down from the present 5)   Smile

(09-09-2023, 01:20 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: Did Bailey not play ?
No, he was out with an ankle sprain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-08-2023, 11:07 PM)True pioneer Wrote: Pulaski is down this year, but good win Corbin

The Hounds are just that good 43-0 at Pulaski is a tough task. Shutouts don’t come easy on the road against a 5A Team coached by Johnny Hines. Good win and I’m impressed with #12 and #27 putting some nice runs on the board for the Hounds. Defense is scary looking and that don’t bode well for opponents. Good win Hounds.
This may be the most anemic offense I've seen at Pulaski since Johnny Hines got his system installed. They've scored a total of 19 points in their 3 losses. His offense typically struggles if they don't have a dynamic quarterback, is that the problem?

(09-09-2023, 02:55 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 11:07 PM)True pioneer Wrote: Pulaski is down this year, but good win Corbin

The Hounds are just that good 43-0 at Pulaski is a tough task. Shutouts don’t come easy on the road against a 5A Team coached by Johnny Hines. Good win and I’m impressed with #12 and #27 putting some nice runs on the board for the Hounds. Defense is scary looking and that don’t bode well for opponents. Good win Hounds.

It was a solid win.  But Pulaski isn't scaring anyone on offense this season.  They've scored a total of 3 touchdowns, and 19 points in the 3 games that they weren't playing Danville.
Dear Lord! Hard to beat Johnny Hines like that, even if he is down. Pulaski is a huge county, so I know there is talent there.
Any stats for the game?
I think next week will be a great game. Corbin will have a home field advantage, and they will be out to prove a point after this game. I don't think Corbin wanted to show very much this week, and from what I hear, they didn't.
(09-09-2023, 08:22 AM)know1 Wrote: Any stats for the game?

Yeah...  Corbin 43  Pulaski  0 . That's the only stat really needed.

Oh... and Corbin stomped 6  mudholes in the Maroons' asses.

And... there were many grizzly bear sightings!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42, pjdoug
(09-09-2023, 09:52 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I counted 9 muddholes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-09-2023, 11:03 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 09:52 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I counted 9 muddholes
You very well could be right , 42!!!
(09-09-2023, 05:20 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: Dear Lord! Hard to beat Johnny Hines like that, even if he is down. Pulaski is a huge county, so I know there is talent there.
I said the same thing at several games this season already & a buddy with me one night said, when the band hit the field, "There are all the big guys you speak of marching in the band tooting a horn".    Woah
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(09-09-2023, 01:08 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I’m with old school. I left after the half so it could have gotten better. But that wasn’t the same team that was on the field last week. Kinda flat. Going through motions. Maybe looking ahead? I don’t know. You never say a win is bad. But that was an unimpressive running clock game. They better tighten their straps this coming week or it might be a long night. I can probably see some very hard practices coming up too if everyone else watched the same game.
I waited till the half too but could’ve left after the first quarter, color me unimpressed, lots that needs to be fixed before Friday
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42
(09-09-2023, 02:55 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Boyle County might have trouble with that defense Smile
(09-09-2023, 05:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 01:08 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I’m with old school. I left after the half so it could have gotten better. But that wasn’t the same team that was on the field last week. Kinda flat. Going through motions. Maybe looking ahead? I don’t know. You never say a win is bad. But that was an unimpressive running clock game. They better tighten their straps this coming week or it might be a long night. I can probably see some very hard practices coming up too if everyone else watched the same game.
I waited till the half too but could’ve left after the first quarter, color me unimpressed, lots that needs to be fixed before Friday

The defense has the potential to be scary good.