Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 30 Perry Central 26
Final from Hazard
Not a good look for bell
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • BobcatForever
Having watched Perry C. Play LC this team was too good for anyone to hang a running clock on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes AADKINS's post:
  • BobcatForever
(09-08-2023, 10:37 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Not a good look for bell
Defense really struggled all night til last series looked really flat on both sides of the ball for most of night but found a way to win thats a Good Thing!!
(09-08-2023, 10:39 PM)AADKINS Wrote: Having watched Perry C. Play LC this team was too good for anyone to hang a running clock on!
I agree. If lawrence keeps the penalties and hiking the ball in line they are gonna do great things
(09-08-2023, 10:39 PM)BobcatForever Wrote:
Defense really struggled all night til last series looked really flat on both sides of the ball for most of night but found a way to win thats a Good Thing!!
Great game.  Congratulations to Bell, and very proud of Perry.  Can we possibly say Bell is very good and Perry is better than people thought?  I know it’s gonna be, Bell is in trouble, not as good as we thought, barely beat a bad Perry team.  Perry is better than anyone on here gives credit.   Again congratulations Bell , great win against a good Perry team!
Good night of football.
A lot of talk of blowouts and screw jobs by referees but both teams came out and got after.

Big fan of Coach Hilton coming over to talk to Perry’s team after the game. I’m also president of the Ovie Canady fan club.

Proud of the Commodores. They got bowled over the first drive of the game and could have laid down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • BobcatForever
Bells got a lot to clean up from top to bottom. Not very pretty up front, not much blocking everywhere else, couldn’t stop the run, gave up an onside kick, penalties, etc etc. But when it mattered they went down and scored a game winning drive and stopped perry to win. I would just like to see a game where teams don’t drive on them as much up the field. Perry could have broken the first down record tonignt if they had one. It wears a team out to be on defense most the night and that’s happened pretty much every game since north. Perry played very well offensively and has a back that is very hard to bring down. Hats off i predicted way more than a 4 point game and they went toe to toe.
I don’t think this game was a fluke, I think Perry’s team played up to Bell county. Perry showed how good they really are. The commodores can only get better from here.
Props to bell county they could’ve layed down after Perry was up 26-22 with 6 mins left. A great game from both teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastKentuckyHeisman's post:
  • BobcatForever
(09-08-2023, 10:46 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 10:39 PM)BobcatForever Wrote:
Great game.  Congratulations to Bell, and very proud of Perry.  Can we possibly say Bell is very good and Perry is better than people thought?  I know it’s gonna be, Bell is in trouble, not as good as we thought, barely beat a bad Perry team.  Perry is better than anyone on here gives credit.   Again congratulations Bell , great win against a good Perry team!
I agree Perry lot better than giving credit Good Luck rest of the way Commodores!!
We should have won this game.
(09-09-2023, 12:13 AM)KingCommodore Wrote: We should have won this game.

No you shouldn't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
Man what a game by the score, both teams sounded like a war! Congratulations Bell County. Perry is on a roll!!
(09-09-2023, 12:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Man what a game by the score, both teams sounded like a war! Congratulations Bell County. Perry is on a roll!!
Was a great game from beginning to end, both teams played well, Bell just made a couple more plays to win.  But it was a good one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jet fighter's post:
  • Bull got out!
Perry scored to go ahead with a few minutes to go.

Bell went out and got backed up behind the sticks around midfield and had a great play for a catch along the sideline. Played tough and ended up scoring on a bootleg. QB made some plays with the game on the line.

Perry got the ball back with a minute to go and two timeouts but they had to burn two timeouts after getting sacked the first two plays and ended up throwing a pick to seal it, but Slone had to let one fly at that point.

Tough game but I thought the running game was a bright spot for Perry. Liked when they would run it with Slone behind Seth Jackson as the lead blocker. Can’t understate how well Jackson played. Bell had a hard time bringing him down and as a run blocker or pass blocker he put in the work too.
Perry Central has nothing to be ashamed of, they lost a close one to a darn good team. Good job Bell.