Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge Coach
East Ridge hires Shannon Keene as their new coach. This hire blows my mind. ?

All the East Ridge athletic programs have went to pots. Time to clean house. Starting with administration down. For real

Bottom of the region in every sport. Check the records of every sport the last 5 years.
TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!
I honestly didn’t even know East Ridge still had a school.
(09-04-2023, 03:13 PM)Diablo Wrote: I honestly didn’t even know East Ridge still had a school.

Shannon Keene was an excellent basketball player. I have no idea about his coaching abilities.
I’m sure Shannon will be an excellent coach. Excellent coaches still need some talent. What does East Ridge have?
(09-04-2023, 11:01 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: East Ridge hires Shannon Keene as their new coach. This hire blows my mind. ?

All the East Ridge athletic programs have went to pots. Time to clean house. Starting with administration down. For real

Bottom of the region in every sport. Check the records of every sport the last 5 years.
TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!
Get some glasses eastridge boys team hasn’t been in the bottom of region last 5 years,cross country has been to state 4 years in a row. Volleyball has been great program for years.
(09-04-2023, 11:01 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: East Ridge hires Shannon Keene as their new coach. This hire blows my mind. ?

TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!
the dumbest post I've read in a long time.       Shannon Keene will be a great coach for the girls team .  Its gonna be a rebuild but if anyone has the knowledge to do it it will be him.

East Ridge Football has had its best player turnouts in years and comparing to the history of the school football records it is at the top in wins for the football team.

East Ridge Boys Basketball is two years removed from one of the best regional tournament games ever witnessed in the 15th region! Going 3 ot against Johnson Central minding you they "ER" won the district title that year.  

So don't get on here knocking a program that has some of the best coaches around. Sports are a season of change you have to play what you get and they do it better than anyone else with the kids that come in. 

There isn't a lot of athletes that wanna play in Lick Creek Ky but the ones that do give it their all and most importantly the coaches are there for them.
I have to agree with WarHawk here. There does need to be change at East Ridge, but this is not the place to discuss that. 

The choice for the head coach was probably because it is a rebuilding project that will take years, yes years if that to rebuild. They lost their best player from last year from a young team. They play with all they have but they need more experience.

Playing the "best" game doesn't make you a winning program. Plus, the district title you speak of was only been there 2nd since 2003. 

That's a little misleading when you say they've had the most turnout in the last 5 years and the most. The first few years at East Ridge, they had a big turnout for football. Plus, they didn't win much because they were in 3A against some powerhouses.

TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!
This has gave me a laugh  Big Grin
East Ridge hits double digit wins for first time since 2017 with a 9 player roster! Shannon Keene has got them working hard and getting better every day ! Side note starters include an 8th grader a freshman a junior who sat out last year a senior who set out last two years and a senior!
Please keeps posts on topic and respectful.

Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • SomeBunnyFan_10