Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paducah Tilghman 35 Mayfield 28
Congrats to PT!!! Breaks the streak!
Congratulations to PT I definitely missed this one
Surprised by this...
PT deserved the win, mayfield had a 3rd and 1 from inside the 5 yard line to tie the game and couldn’t get 1 yard in 2 plays. PT’s speed exposed our secondary and Mayfield has no run game. Nothing to be ashamed of but we had our chances and didn’t capitalize. If we can start blocking better, and running better it’s gonna be a short playoff run for the cardinals
This loss doesn't surprise me. Paducah Tilghman is a lot better than people give them credit for, especially with the two transfer ins. They have a junior transfer who will essentially have offers from every Power 5 program or close to it by the time his football career is finished.

Still think Mayfield is the favorite to win 2A, even over LCA.
I just want to point out that the score is wrong it was 35-28, and yes that one point is a big deal because I called the GOTW perfect. These two all ways battle, PT has looked really good all year
[-] The following 2 users Like Foozeball23's post:
  • Granny Bear, Westside
Another game that I missed this week. Congrats to PT.
Congratulations Paducah Tilman!!!
Congratulations Paducah Tilghman!!!
Way to go Tornados.
(09-02-2023, 12:55 AM)rookie57 Wrote: PT deserved the win, mayfield had a 3rd and 1 from inside the 5 yard line to tie the game and couldn’t get 1 yard in 2 plays. PT’s speed exposed our secondary and Mayfield has no run game. Nothing to be ashamed of but we had our chances and didn’t capitalize. If we can start blocking better, and running better it’s gonna be a short playoff run for the cardinals
Well after seeing the stats, I stand corrected, while not outstanding, we actually had more yards on the ground than I thought. 142 yards on the ground isint stellar but against the size of PT’s line better than I thought
Congratulations to Paducah Tilghman!
If you look at the stats- probably the only difference that hinged this game was turnovers.
2 great teams that played it all the way out until the end.
We have been close before during Mayfields streak, but always came up short.

I’m just glad that our program finally seems to have reached some stability- we have suffered so many years with coaching staff and administration turnovers that never allowed the stability we needed to build the program. Many people outside of far west ky may not understand why we are always so optimistic, but Mayfield fans have seen the weapons we have placed on the field any time we played, but never could get over the hump.
Coach Joe Morris is THE BEST coach in the state at making in-game adjustments to overcome any shortfalls the Cards may ever have. I’m just glad we may be making moves in that direction, it doesn’t happen overnight with any one coach or player, it takes a Program.

You don’t get better by beating inferior competition, so I’ll say thank you to Mayfield for keeping the bar set high
[-] The following 2 users Like truebluefan89's post:
  • Mayfieldsportsfan, rookie57
(09-05-2023, 03:25 PM)Great post! You make me pull for PT  when they're not playing Mayfield.truebluefan89 Wrote: If you look at the stats- probably the only difference that hinged this game was turnovers.
2 great teams that played it all the way out until the end.
We have been close before during Mayfields streak, but always came up short.

I’m just glad that our program finally seems to have reached some stability- we have suffered so many years with coaching staff and administration turnovers that never allowed the stability we needed to build the program. Many people outside of far west ky may not understand why we are always so optimistic, but Mayfield fans have seen the weapons we have placed on the field any time we played, but never could get over the hump.
Coach Joe Morris is THE BEST coach in the state at making in-game adjustments to overcome any shortfalls the Cards may ever have. I’m just glad we may be making moves in that direction, it doesn’t happen overnight with any one coach or player, it takes a Program.

You don’t get better by beating inferior competition, so I’ll say thank you to Mayfield for keeping the bar set high
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mayfieldsportsfan's post:
  • truebluefan89
MAYFIELDSPORTSFAN,
Much like you I have been around a while.
I have seen great teams, and I have seen some not so great teams.
I'll admit that at times I have questioned some of our coaching staff, but often that was the fault of former administrators, and conditional employment.
Thru it all I sat in the stands and maintained my season tickets in support of our program, our history, and our athletes.

Mayfield has had a special community support that PT used to have, and I hope one day we will build that back now that some of the shiny and new glitz of the cross town establishment has wore off.

Heck i remember when some from Mayfield even questioned Coach Joe for his "flashy new pass-happy offense"- Boy how that outlook has changed!
I am thankful that Coach Thompson is leading our young men in the right direction, and has them believing in themselves. I heard Coach Thompson before the game say this game isn't about beating Mayfield, its about us playing our best, we are here to win every game.
I'm not sure a couple of our former coaches even believed they could beat Mayfield.

Times and teams change, support doesn't have to.
Good luck Cardinals, win it out the rest of the way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes truebluefan89's post:
  • rookie57
(09-05-2023, 09:36 PM)truebluefan89 Wrote: MAYFIELDSPORTSFAN,
Much like you I have been around a while.
I have seen great teams, and I have seen some not so great teams.
I'll admit that at times I have questioned some of our coaching staff, but often that was the fault of former administrators, and conditional employment.
Thru it all I sat in the stands and maintained my season tickets in support of our program, our history, and our athletes.

Mayfield has had a special community support that PT used to have, and I hope one day we will build that back now that some of the shiny and new glitz of the cross town establishment has wore off.

Heck i remember when some from Mayfield even questioned Coach Joe for his "flashy new pass-happy offense"- Boy how that outlook has changed!
I am thankful that Coach Thompson is leading our young men in the right direction, and has them believing in themselves. I heard Coach Thompson before the game say this game isn't about beating Mayfield, its about us playing our best, we are here to win every game.
I'm not sure a couple of our former coaches even believed they could beat Mayfield.

Times and teams change, support doesn't have to.
Good luck Cardinals, win it out the rest of the way!
And good luck to the big blue tornado, I’ll be pulling for y’all every game the rest of the year!
PT is super talented this year. Mayfield's coaching was able to keep this game close. Mayfield will be fine but if PT can continue to improve they have a legit shot at a title. They remind me of the talent they had in the 80s.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ghostofjoey's post:
  • rookie57, truebluefan89