Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 30 Lexington Catholic 10
Final.
Congratulations Corbin!!
(09-01-2023, 11:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Congratulations Corbin!!
Bull, if you watched the game, could you give me a grade(1-10) on each phase. I listened to about three quarters but didn't get to watch.  The offense, especially passing game , seemed to be less spectacular than I was expecting. Is this a squad that looks like it could eventually hang with Boyle?  I won't see them until the FD game.

Offense:

Defense:

Special Teams:
Congrats Corbin!
The smith twins are the most impactful players in kentucky high school football and it’s not close. If they played all four years they would split mr football. Double teaming each one and they still dominate. Kentucky better get these guys, number 1 and 2 targets on the board from now on FOR SURE.
Way to go Hounds!
Heck of a game by the Twins. The big boy is really good. Seemed to me the offense wasn’t great. I don’t know if the week off is an excuse or not but I’m sure it will be used.

Good Early season Win.
I couldn't watch the game but Corbin seemed sloppy, at times, on offense. Is that a fair statement? I was expecting a bit better.
Man jerrod smith is just a beast playing in a field with rabbits. Lord have mercy on QBs across the field. One of the best edge rushers I’ve seen, probably in my lifetime in KY.
(09-01-2023, 11:27 PM)HighViz Wrote: Heck of a game by the Twins.  The big boy is really good. Seemed to me the offense wasn’t great. I don’t know if the week off is an excuse or not but I’m sure it will be used. 

Good Early season Win.

Could it be that Elam wasn't showing all his cards, knowing that Fred Douglass was watching intently?  For a moment, I was thinking Willard Farris had resurrected and was calling the plays.

(09-01-2023, 11:32 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Man jerrod smith is just a beast playing in a field with rabbits. Lord have mercy on QBs across the field. One of the best edge rushers I’ve seen, probably in my lifetime in KY.

But is he enough to put a stop to Haddix' rabbits?
Congratulations to the Redhounds
Without the one terrible throw by Elam, this is probably a 37-3 game.
(09-01-2023, 11:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I  couldn't watch the game but Corbin seemed sloppy, at times, on offense.  Is that a fair statement?  I was expecting a bit better.
Lot of dropped balls, missed blocks, possibly not picking up blitz (don’t know if it was because of the call or just missed). Bailey looked good. Stevens looked good. Wasn’t their best offensive performance, but LC wasn’t a slouch either. But they didn’t cause drop balls and personal errors. Def sometbing they can work and build off of. Defensive line is unreal. Got burnt a few times on passes in the secondary, but not a bad performance by them. Seen a lot of half-a$$ tackle attempts that can def be fixed. People just reaching and getting juked. But a solid D performance overall.
(09-01-2023, 11:39 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 11:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I  couldn't watch the game but Corbin seemed sloppy, at times, on offense.  Is that a fair statement?  I was expecting a bit better.
Lot of dropped balls, missed blocks, possibly not picking up blitz (don’t know if it was because of the call or just missed). Bailey looked good. Stevens looked good. Wasn’t their best offensive performance, but LC wasn’t a slouch either. But they didn’t cause drop balls and personal errors. Def sometbing they can work and build off of. Defensive line is unreal. Got burnt a few times on passes in the secondary, but not a bad performance by them. Seen a lot of half-a$$ tackle attempts that can def be fixed. People just reaching and getting juked. But a solid D performance overall.

I want to know yours and Bulls and Viz' honest opinion. Does this Corbin D have the guns to put an end to Boyle's reign of terror?  The line is good with the Smith's, no doubt. But can they stop Haddix' scheming and the deep passes?  It has been the Achilles heel for as long as I can remember.  You all know football better than this old hound . Do we have enough weapons on D to win a damn title?
I’ll say this old school. Everything that was wrong in this game can be fixed.
(09-01-2023, 11:47 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I’ll say this old school. Everything that was wrong in this game can be fixed.

Guy Bailey is a great athlete. He is a state champion wrestler and he has been a 1st team All District linebacker. Please tell me he played some defensive sets.  We will score some points but we are gonna have to be able to stop the best offenses to win a championship.
(09-01-2023, 11:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 11:47 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I’ll say this old school. Everything that was wrong in this game can be fixed.

Guy Bailey is a great athlete. He is a state champion wrestler and he has been a 1st team All District linebacker. Please tell me he played some defensive sets.  We will score some points but we are gonna have to be able to stop the best offenses to win a championship.
He needs to, but no he didn’t. LC is a good team. But I think we could have played better. But I guess they feel the same way too. The O was off. But they haven’t played in 3 weeks. So I get it
Boyle is another level fast than both teams that played tnight. Boyle don’t cramp or get tired either. Boyle can’t block the smith kids on 3 out of 4 tries. But Corbin can’t defend Quissenberry or Brown in the secondary.
(09-02-2023, 12:04 AM)HighViz Wrote: Boyle is another level fast than both teams that played tnight. Boyle don’t cramp or get tired either.  Boyle can’t block the smith kids on 3 out of 4 tries.  But Corbin can’t defend Quissenberry or Brown in the secondary.
If this is accurate what’s the odds on the site getting thread #413 on how long it’s been since Corbin won a title and how bad some of these old corbin guys high school bully sucks as a coach?
[-] The following 2 users Like Gold River's post:
  • know1, Lucas
(09-02-2023, 12:04 AM)HighViz Wrote: Boyle is another level fast than both teams that played tnight. Boyle don’t cramp or get tired either.  Boyle can’t block the smith kids on 3 out of 4 tries.  But Corbin can’t defend Quissenberry or Brown in the secondary.

Thank you, but you are just teasing me. No more foreplay. Get to the main act . Do we have enough to hang with Boyle, or is there simply not enough on defense to hold them under 35?

(09-02-2023, 12:16 AM)Gold River Wrote:
If this is accurate what’s the odds on the site getting thread #413 on how long it’s been since Corbin won a title and how bad some of these old corbin guys high school bully sucks as a coach?
About as good as JC whining about getting their asses handed to them when they visit the new $9.3 million dollar Dave Cox & Tim Short Auto Mall Wonderplex on the banks of the historic and scenic Lynn Camp creek.
Anxious to hear bulls and 64 outlook on this game
[-] The following 1 user Likes AverageJoe's post:
  • HighViz
(09-02-2023, 12:32 AM)AverageJoe Wrote: Anxious to hear bulls and 64 outlook on this game

I'm patiently waiting....   Just from listening to part of the game, Corbin seemed sloppy. Sloppy in two weeks will get them slobberknockered right out of their new $9.3 million Dave Cox Wonderplex.
(09-01-2023, 11:10 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
Bull, if you watched the game, could you give me a grade(1-10) on each phase. I listened to about three quarters but didn't get to watch.  The offense, especially passing game , seemed to be less spectacular than I was expecting. Is this a squad that looks like it could eventually hang with Boyle?  I won't see them until the FD game.

Offense:

Defense:

Special Teams:
Offensive- Corbin look out of sink tonight I was very disappointed, play calling was awful.
Defense- Thank god for the smiths twin
Special teams- Ok I guess.  One example tonight Lexington Catholic 4th and long, Corbin makes no attempt to block punt and Corbin had no one back to receive the punt. I truly believe Haddix is in Corbin coaching staff head. Thinking maybe Catholic would go for it on 4th down. Lol!!
Regardless, still an impressive win for Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • BEChargers
(09-02-2023, 01:52 AM)64SUR Wrote:

Offense:

Defense:

Special Teams:
Offensive- Corbin look out of sink tonight I was very disappointed, play calling was awful.
Special teams- Ok I guess.  One example tonight Lexington Catholic 4th and long, Corbin makes no attempt to block punt and Corbin had no one back to receive the punt. I truly believe Haddix is in Corbin coaching staff head. Thinking maybe Catholic would go for it on 4th down. Lol!!

For the life of me I couldn't figure out what in the hell was up with the play calling. It was like Willard Farris was reincarnated into the body of Bart Elam. Just horrible.

Haddix wouldn't be in the Corbin coach staff heads if he was still the Corbin coaching staff. Shame on you, David Cox. You are a disgrace.

Corbin needs 11 more pairs of Smith twins.
(09-02-2023, 02:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Offense:

Defense:

Special Teams:

For the life of me I couldn't figure out what in the hell was up with the play calling. It was like Willard Farris was reincarnated into the body of Bart Elam. Just horrible.

Haddix wouldn't be in the Corbin coach staff heads if he was still the Corbin coaching staff. Shame on you, David Cox. You are a disgrace.

Or one less Greer??? Haha. In all seriousness I was pretty proud of the boys. Being a little out of sync is expected going almost 3 weeks without a game. The play calling was… “unusual”. Maybe they seen something I didn’t. Or didn’t wanna give to much out before FD. Lex did blitz a lot. Still got a lot of work to do. But this LC team went head to head with highlands and demolished Madison central.
I said 3td's. Probably should have been 4.
(09-02-2023, 03:15 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 02:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Offense:

Defense:

Special Teams:

Or one less Greer??? Haha. In all seriousness I was pretty proud of the boys. Being a little out of sync is expected going almost 3 weeks without a game. The play calling was… “unusual”. Maybe they seen something I didn’t. Or didn’t wanna give to much out before FD. Lex did blitz a lot. Still got a lot of work to do. But this LC team went head to head with highlands and demolished Madison central.
The play calling reminded me of 2021 Johnson Central Regional Championship Game at home. See where that got us? Beat that’s where, remember Seth Huff and us inside the five yard line and we pass. Who does that? OC does and loves it. The one bad pass tonight could have been a 37-3 game Hounds. So yeah play calling very questionable tonight. But a win is a win especially on the road.
If I had a bag of popcorn for every Corbin thread that has been entertaining my house would be full of kernels.
(09-02-2023, 12:16 AM)Gold River Wrote:

They'll post that either way. They can barely go a day without complaining about the coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Lucas