Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Grove (IN) 34 Trinity 7
Final at Center Grove. 

Indiana's #1 team (CalPreps) bury the Rocks.
And to think I was considering driving out to go see this game. Thankfully I stayed home and listened to it instead. Well, listened to the first half anyway. I don't mind losing to strong teams, but getting embarrassed is not something that used to happen to the Rocks. Cobb is not half the Coach Beatty was and the administration needs to realize that sooner, not later.
Man, This Indiana team must be very good. Trinity schedules a tuff road.
Most of the top Indiana teams don't travel far from Indianapolis to play a strength of schedule comparable to Trinity's and in recent years, Center Grove has been the best team in Indy. 

Hats off to Coach Cobb for not watering down Trinity's schedule. If the Rocks have the depth to survive their typically brutal schedule, then Trinity will finish back on top of Kentucky 6A this season. If not, then Cobb may not get another chance.
as if hoban blowing out douglass wasnt enough i believe center grove got beat pretty bad by an ohio school in that same bowl game. football is incredible up there.
It's not unusual for Trinity to lose four or five tough games and still win a state title. They've done it before and they'll do it again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • nemo
(09-02-2023, 12:34 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: as if hoban blowing out douglass wasnt enough i believe center grove got beat pretty bad by an ohio school in that same bowl game. football is incredible up there.

Lakewood St. Edward beat Center Grove 27-10. CalPreps ranks both at #1 in Ohio and Indiana. 

For what it's worth, as of this morning, Douglass and Trinity are still KY #1 and #2.

Current Calpreps National rankings:
12. St. Edward OH
29. Archbishop Hoban OH
36. Center Grove IN
159. Frederick Douglass KY
304. Trinity KY

calpreps.com/2023/ratings/National