Poll: Kentucky vs. Florida State - Music City Bowl
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky Wildcats
94.59%
Florida State Seminoles
5.41%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky vs. Florida State (Music City Bowl, December 31)
Enough of the childish name calling.

Either use the correct names or don't bother typing it out.
launchpad4 Wrote:Plus they are ranked 33 by SI, their defense is 38th, Uk 67th. Scoring D FSU 32, UK 81st. UK does average 14 more points a game, but UK hasn't beaten a team with speed like FSU has. FSU shut down BC which has a qb very similar to UK. UK fans are just dumb, you all come in and talk smack about how good you are and you've never beat anyone, and I know you all beat the number one team in the country, but last time I checked every number one team got beat, so that isn't saying much.
Also, Arkansas beat LSU and in the same manner, so that really doesn't mean much. All I'm saying is stick to the round ball and let people that are knowledgable about football talk about football, wake up and smell the coffee, UK SUCKS!!!!!!!
Wow, Kentucky plays in the SEC and has not beaten teams with speed? Man you sure do have a tight grasp on all the knowledge in the college football scene right now..........lol.:eek:
Let's make an attempt to keep this one open by sticking to discussing the game and not everyones football knowledge.
Midee1 Wrote:Enough of the childish name calling.

Either use the correct names or don't bother typing it out.
I love this over conservative capatilist system we have going on here, a guy makes a joke and he gets scolded. I know this is off the topic and you want to keep the sight clean, but come on.
mcfan1 Wrote:I love this over conservative capatilist system we have going on here, a guy makes a joke and he gets scolded. I know this is off the topic and you want to keep the sight clean, but come on.

You were not the only one. It is a general warning.

My warning stays in effect. Either type the names correctly or don't type them.
You know what. Enough is ehough. UK isn't that good. Yeah they beat LSU, but LSU isn't dominate. They have a great D, but their offense has been troubled by injuries and poor play. You all seem to think that UK is some unbelievable team, but they are not. They are in a consolation bowl, not a top tier, not a second tier bowl. FSU isn't that good either, but they have a fast defense, and UK's offense is very similar to BC. And BC had trouble with the 'Noles, and yes Miami and UF didn't have problems with FSU, but they also have more team speed than UK. These teams are almost entirely made up of players from top recruiting classes. You all think I don't know what I am talking about, but in fact it is your blind love of UK. You know sometime your favorite team isn't good. Well mine isn't, I am a huge UM fan and while they didn't make a bowl game you can gage their program by the fact they have the #1 recruiting class next year, see that is what programs do. When they are bad they right the ship and get better. UK has stayed at or around the same level of play for a long time. Whether it be Curry, Mumme, Morris, or Brooks they have always been a third, borderline second tier SEC school, and you know what they still are. They are 7-5. Not very impressive. And so what they did beat LSU, but so did Arkansas. And like I said everyother #1 team lost this year too. And just because a team has a fast player or two like Arkansas I am talking about TEAM speed, you know where the players are considered fast for their position. So you all can quit trying to argue that UK has beaten, because I DON'T CARE what you say. When all things are equal. The better coach will prevail and this Bowden hold the record for bowl wins for no reason.
launchpad4 Wrote:You know what. Enough is ehough. UK isn't that good. Yeah they beat LSU, but LSU isn't dominate. They have a great D, but their offense has been troubled by injuries and poor play. You all seem to think that UK is some unbelievable team, but they are not. They are in a consolation bowl, not a top tier, not a second tier bowl. FSU isn't that good either, but they have a fast defense, and UK's offense is very similar to BC. And BC had trouble with the 'Noles, and yes Miami and UF didn't have problems with FSU, but they also have more team speed than UK. These teams are almost entirely made up of players from top recruiting classes. You all think I don't know what I am talking about, but in fact it is your blind love of UK. You know sometime your favorite team isn't good. Well mine isn't, I am a huge UM fan and while they didn't make a bowl game you can gage their program by the fact they have the #1 recruiting class next year, see that is what programs do. When they are bad they right the ship and get better. UK has stayed at or around the same level of play for a long time. Whether it be Curry, Mumme, Morris, or Brooks they have always been a third, borderline second tier SEC school, and you know what they still are. They are 7-5. Not very impressive. And so what they did beat LSU, but so did Arkansas. And like I said everyother #1 team lost this year too. And just because a team has a fast player or two like Arkansas I am talking about TEAM speed, you know where the players are considered fast for their position. So you all can quit trying to argue that UK has beaten, because I DON'T CARE what you say. When all things are equal. The better coach will prevail and this Bowden hold the record for bowl wins for no reason.

:thatsfunn Your bias towards UK is hilarious and you still give no facts other than the fact that you hate UK.

Miami was arguably one of the worst teams in college football this season and they beat Florida State. Kentucky hangs with Florida, while Florida State was never even in the game yet Kentucky is the one who can't handle the speed of teams like Florida.

LSU has more team speed than anybody in the country. Plain and simple. They are in the national title game and will most likely win it. Kentucky was down in the 4th, came back and won in a hard fought game. That takes talent and good coaching.

Virginia Tech who got ripped by LSU 48-7 dismantled Florida State 40-21. Explain that one to me since UK beat LSU.

Like I said, Woodson alone has more touchdowns that Florida State's entire offense. Who cares how many wins old Bowden has. We beat his son last year and we'll beat him around this year. Teams with losing records like Miami didn't seem to be too impressed with what Bowden did 20 years ago so why should Kentucky?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote::thatsfunn Your bias towards UK is hilarious and you still give no facts other than the fact that you hate UK.

Miami was arguably one of the worst teams in college football this season and they beat Florida State. Kentucky hangs with Florida, while Florida State was never even in the game yet Kentucky is the one who can't handle the speed of teams like Florida.

LSU has more team speed than anybody in the country. Plain and simple. They are in the national title game and will most likely win it. Kentucky was down in the 4th, came back and won in a hard fought game. That takes talent and good coaching.

Virginia Tech who got ripped by LSU 48-7 dismantled Florida State 40-21. Explain that one to me since UK beat LSU.

Like I said, Woodson alone has more touchdowns that Florida State's entire offense. Who cares how many wins old Bowden has. We beat his son last year and we'll beat him around this year. Teams with losing records like Miami didn't seem to be too impressed with what Bowden did 20 years ago so why should Kentucky?

You know Alf, me and you rarely, RARELY agree on anything, but this is one debate I'll take your side on.
alfus21 Wrote::thatsfunn Your bias towards UK is hilarious and you still give no facts other than the fact that you hate UK.

So you think UK can beat VT, not in a million years. Plus, I didn't say that LSU didn't have team speed, I said Arkansas didn't. They have two fast players. Plus paper match-ups would have Hawaii in the title vs. Ohio State. Your bias towards UK is hilarious. And Miami may have not been much this year, but I assure you they are going to be great in the near future. UK will slip back into obscurity following this year mark it down, and believe me I will be right here next year to remind you of that. Plus, Bobby and Tommy are different people, with different coaching abilities. Bobby is one of the greatest of all-time, you can't be serious in comparing the two.
launchpad4 Wrote:So you think UK can beat VT, not in a million years. Plus, I didn't say that LSU didn't have team speed, I said Arkansas didn't. They have two fast players. Plus paper match-ups would have Hawaii in the title vs. Ohio State. Your bias towards UK is hilarious. And Miami may have not been much this year, but I assure you they are going to be great in the near future. UK will slip back into obscurity following this year mark it down, and believe me I will be right here next year to remind you of that. Plus, Bobby and Tommy are different people, with different coaching abilities. Bobby is one of the greatest of all-time, you can't be serious in comparing the two.

The same was said about UK vs. LSU this year, nobody thought it could be done. UK shoulda beat Florida too. The Miss St. game UK was banged up and plagued by injuries from the LSU and Florida games. The Georgia game is what it is, Georgia was and still is the hottest team in the country, they could beat anybody right now. The Tennessee game UK played terrible the first half, had their chances in the overtimes. Do you actually think that Va Tech would win the SEC.
launchpad4 Wrote:Bobby is one of the greatest of all-time, you can't be serious in comparing the two.

Correction: Bobby Bowden WAS one of the greatest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gaw just face it.KY will handle FSU all nite long... They'll be luck to keep it between 2 TD's
launchpad4 Wrote:So you think UK can beat VT, not in a million years. Plus, I didn't say that LSU didn't have team speed, I said Arkansas didn't. They have two fast players. Plus paper match-ups would have Hawaii in the title vs. Ohio State. Your bias towards UK is hilarious. And Miami may have not been much this year, but I assure you they are going to be great in the near future. UK will slip back into obscurity following this year mark it down, and believe me I will be right here next year to remind you of that. Plus, Bobby and Tommy are different people, with different coaching abilities. Bobby is one of the greatest of all-time, you can't be serious in comparing the two.
You know, you make a pretty solid point here. UK might fall back to the bottom of the SEC and I too believe that Miami will make it to the top again (no matter how many arrests their players have) along with FSU, but here is the thing, we are looking at 2 teams that are playing the 2007 season. When looking at these 2 teams, you know it really doesn't matter that FSU has National Titles or that UK won only 2 games a couple of seasons ago. You have to look at these 2 teams this year and what talent they have. Maybe FSU is the best team, maybe UK is. But I can almost guarantee that it will be a game and not a blowout.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just some Stats:

Rushing Offense:
FSU - 121.08
UK - 156.50

Passing Offense:
FSU - 238.92
UK - 282.08

Total Offense:
FSU - 360.00
UK - 438.58

Scoring Offense:
FSU - 22.92
UK - 36.67

Rushing Defense:
FSU - 114.42 ypg
UK - 190.00 ypg

Passing Defense:
FSU - 236.00 ypg
UK - 200.25

IMO, Kentucky has the better stats and has played a harder schedule
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Uk all the way.
Beef Wrote:Just some Stats:

Rushing Offense:
FSU - 121.08
UK - 156.50

Passing Offense:
FSU - 238.92
UK - 282.08

Total Offense:
FSU - 360.00
UK - 438.58

Scoring Offense:
FSU - 22.92
UK - 36.67

Rushing Defense:
FSU - 114.42 ypg
UK - 190.00 ypg

Passing Defense:
FSU - 236.00 ypg
UK - 200.25

IMO, Kentucky has the better stats and has played a harder schedule

Thanks for posting that Beef. Puts things into perspective, especially when you consider the strengths of schedule.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:popcorn: I'm just having fun reading all these post.:popcorn:
Benchwarmer Wrote::popcorn: I'm just having fun reading all these post.:popcorn:

Would you share some... Smile
FSU - 24
UK - 17
blackcat_student Wrote:Would you share some... Smile

Only if you allow me to join in on all the fun.Confusedinglepar
launchpad4 Wrote:Plus they are ranked 33 by SI, their defense is 38th, Uk 67th. Scoring D FSU 32, UK 81st. UK does average 14 more points a game, but UK hasn't beaten a team with speed like FSU has. FSU shut down BC which has a qb very similar to UK. UK fans are just dumb, you all come in and talk smack about how good you are and you've never beat anyone, and I know you all beat the number one team in the country, but last time I checked every number one team got beat, so that isn't saying much.
Also, Arkansas beat LSU and in the same manner, so that really doesn't mean much. All I'm saying is stick to the round ball and let people that are knowledgable about football talk about football, wake up and smell the coffee, UK SUCKS!!!!!!!

"You've never beat anyone, and I know you all beat the number one team in the country..."

Wow, that's got to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read on here. I'm not positive I even have to say anything about it. Do you realize what you wrote?

I'm not even sure where to start here. You say UK hasn't beaten anybody, but if beating the number one team in the country isn't good enough, then what is? Where else do you go from there? I suppose UK would need to knock off the Steelers before they get any credit from you...

Look, everyone on here knows you have strong bias against UK football, for some odd reason. It wouldn't matter what they did, you would still find some way to discredit the Cats in some way.

As for the UK-FSU matchup, you keep bringing up the past as a reason why Kentucky will not win. I'm pretty sure that the past (or the future, for that matter) has no bearing on this year's game. The better team will win, not the better tradition, or whose coach takes the most Geritol. And you have yet to offer any valid reason why UK can't win. Do I think UK will win? Yes, but it's certainly not a sure thing, these are two fairly evenly matched teams. Yet according to you, UK might as well be playing the Steelers in a few weeks.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All I have to say is if FSU had Uks schedule this year then they would have been 5-7 tops IMO.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Because they are playing UK. I would take Belfry's football team against UK anyday and I bet they would beat them. Also Florida St. has this coach named Bobby Bowden who will make UK look stupid. Florida is a much better team than both schools combined and would beat them both every day of the week and probably twice on sunday. Face it, UK sucks in football and are getting to that point really fast in basketball as well. UK will never be the elite sports school that you people think and hope they will be.

Your ignorance on this particular subject amazes me:Clap:

Your theory obviously is that Kentucky will lose because they're Kentucky and FSU will win because they're FSU. But anybody that hasn't been under a rock for the last few years knows that the gap between the two is not nearly as wide as it once was. They're both 7-5, and Kentucky has played a tougher schedule. I have a feeling that you will see the Wildcats of the first seven weeks of the season show up for this one.

UK 34
FSU 17
launchpad4 Wrote:Doesn't FSU and Miami enjoy looking at their multiple National Championships while Kentucky sucks every year. I'm a Kentucky fan, Yay we're not below .500. UK sucks at football, FSU and Miami are just down, they will be great again, UK will just go back to being aweful now that they are losing their good players.

thats just about right launchpad. Unless we can recruit like mothers. Back to pushin for a win again. Its gone downhill this year anyways...after LSU we thought we were best in the nation. It would have given us more modivation if we had of lost that game guaranteed.
exactly. back to sucking again next year

if we were going to win it. this was the year right here
I don't see any reason to think that Kentucky will go back to the team they were three or four years ago next season. Yes, they lose several very crucial weapons on offense, but they will be much more experienced on defense and they have three running backs returning that will contribute a lot. I don't see how any true fan of Kentucky, or football anywhere, can not have faith in the future of this football program after watching what Rich Brooks has done during his time here.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I don't see any reason to think that Kentucky will go back to the team they were three or four years ago next season. Yes, they lose several very crucial weapons on offense, but they will be much more experienced on defense and they have three running backs returning that will contribute a lot. I don't see how any true fan of Kentucky, or football anywhere, can not have faith in the future of this football program after watching what Rich Brooks has done during his time here.

I agree. There's no way we go back to what we were in 2005 and before that. We lose a lot of skills players, but return most of the defense and the line. Our running game will be strong. Just depends on if Pulley will step up to the challenge or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I agree. There's no way we go back to what we were in 2005 and before that. We lose a lot of skills players, but return most of the defense and the line. Our running game will be strong. Just depends on if Pulley will step up to the challenge or not.

True, it will also be interesting to see if they change the offensive scheme a little with a more athletic quarterback.
alfus21 Wrote:Correction: Bobby Bowden WAS one of the greatest.
Now thats a ridiculous statement. Coach Bowden is one if not the best coach in college football history. He has more wins than anyone to coach the game at that level. He continues to bring in top recruiting classes and finished 14 straight years in the AP top 5. He turned FSU into a national powerhouse and has fallen on down time. However he will still remain as one of the top coaches of all-time.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Now thats a ridiculous statement. Coach Bowden is one if not the best coach in college football history. He has more wins than anyone to coach the game at that level. He continues to bring in top recruiting classes and finished 14 straight years in the AP top 5. He turned FSU into a national powerhouse and has fallen on down time. However he will still remain as one of the top coaches of all-time.

What Alfus meant, was that Bobby Bowden is not as good as he once was.