Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region preseason top 5 players
1. Caudill- Powell/ Smith- Owsley  Tie
2. Gayheart- knott
3. Mcalarnis- Perry
4. Couch- Letcher
5. Neach- Perry
It’s early for rankings but by what I saw this summer Owsley County could possibly have 4 players in the top 10. I’ll not list any names except to say that I do believe Lady Owls guard senior Carly Smith is the region’s top player.
Idk about 4 in top 10 but they are definitely my favorite to win the region. Smith n Caudill are tops in region. Flip a coin for either of them. And yes! Wat too early for predictions
Top 5 for next year IMO.   

1.)  Couch - LCC / Gayheart - KCC
2.) Smith - Owsley
3.) Neace - PCC
4.) Caudill - Powell
5.) McAlernis - Perry

You can make a case for anyone on this list and like I said its JMO.
(09-10-2023, 04:11 PM)DaBulls Wrote: Top 5 for next year IMO.   

2.) Smith - Owsley
3.) Neace - PCC
4.) Caudill - Powell
5.) McAlernis - Perry

Like has been mentioned these type rankings are everyone’s opinions but I think Owsley’s Carly Smith is the region’s top player and I also think Owsley’s Addison Terry is in the top 5. She is a strong built guard averaging in double digits in scoring and rebounding.

And Owsley’s freshman Macey Brown has grown to around 6’3 and made big improvements over the summer in team games and AAU. Owsley has also added 6’ freshman Kamilla Marcum who transferred from South Laurel. She has a lot of upside in her game. The Lady Owls also have starters Layah Lynch and Shelby Murray returning and reserve guard Kenzie Grubb. Of course everyone can’t make a top 5 or 10 but I think Owsley has several players who qualify.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Wincity

2.) Smith - Owsley
3.) Neace - PCC
4.) Caudill - Powell
5.) McAlernis - Perry

Same 6 players just flipped around. Idk how the Caudill kid could be anywhere other than 1st considering the degree of difficulty she has to play against. Those other 5 kids don’t see doubles and triple teams every night. Not for certain but I believe she averaged nearly 23 a game vs double and triple teams. Smith no question is atop with Caudill. Just my opinion which don’t amount to much
(09-11-2023, 12:31 PM)Wincity Wrote:

2.) Smith - Owsley
3.) Neace - PCC
4.) Caudill - Powell
5.) McAlernis - Perry

Same 6 players just flipped around. Idk how the Caudill kid could be anywhere other than 1st considering the degree of difficulty she has to play against. Those other 5 kids don’t see doubles and triple teams every night. Not for certain but I believe she averaged nearly 23 a game vs double and triple teams. Smith no question is atop with Caudill. Just my opinion which don’t amount to much

As i said you could make a case for any of those players.    As well as a few more.    I can promise you that all of these players see double and triple teams nightly.   Comparing the level of competition of the schedules these teams play in my opinion KCC LCC Owsley and Perry all play a MUCH more difficult schedule than Powell,  I also factor in that only Gayheart and Couch have lead their teams to regional Title.  You could also look at the head to head matchups for those players.      I honestly think All 6 of the players mentioned are great players and I would say a few others could argue they should be on the list.  Once again its JMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaBulls's post:
  • Wincity
(09-11-2023, 04:35 PM)DaBulls Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 12:31 PM)Wincity Wrote:

2.) Smith - Owsley
3.) Neace - PCC
4.) Caudill - Powell
5.) McAlernis - Perry

As i said you could make a case for any of those players.    As well as a few more.    I can promise you that all of these players see double and triple teams nightly.   Comparing the level of competition of the schedules these teams play in my opinion KCC LCC Owsley and Perry all play a MUCH more difficult schedule than Powell,  I also factor in that only Gayheart and Couch have lead their teams to regional Title.  You could also look at the head to head matchups for those players.      I honestly think All 6 of the players mentioned are great players and I would say a few others could argue they should be on the list.  Once again its JMO.
Yes I agree you could definitely make a case for all them. The level of competition isn’t that big a gap tho. They do play on much better teams with a lot more help. I like all those players but like I said give me Caudill n Smith
Watched her play Hazard and Perry several times last year. They didn’t double her any. Should have hit the transfer portal like most kids do. I’m sure Caudill would helped anyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • Good Ole Goodn
(09-11-2023, 05:05 PM)Diablo Wrote: Watched her play Hazard and Perry several times last year.  They didn’t double her any.  Should have hit the transfer portal like most kids do.  I’m sure Caudill would helped anyone.
I don’t think they played hazard last year. I could be wrong tho! I do know she had 2 over 40 point games last season. Kids in the 56 district don’t get as much recognition as the other districts
lots of good players