Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
13.51%
LCA
86.49%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs LCA 9/2 Saturday
Barring an injury to Cutter Boley, LCA should roll.

LCA 48 Pikeville 28
(08-29-2023, 03:44 PM)Lucas Wrote: Barring an injury to Cutter Boley, LCA should roll.

LCA 48 Pikeville 28

Curious as to why you say this?  Boley wasn’t really a problem for the Panthers last year.  The defense got to him and flustered him all night.  Heck, a defensive tackle picked him off.  Not saying he isn’t one to worry about, he is, but he isn’t going to beat Pikeville by himself. There’s several capable players on that roster Pikeville will be aware of.  Is their back up QB that bad?
(08-29-2023, 04:18 PM)VoR_58 Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 03:44 PM)Lucas Wrote: Barring an injury to Cutter Boley, LCA should roll.

LCA 48 Pikeville 28

Curious as to why you say this?  Boley wasn’t really a problem for the Panthers last year.  The defense got to him and flustered him all night.  Heck, a defensive tackle picked him off.  Not saying he isn’t one to worry about, he is, but he isn’t going to beat Pikeville by himself. There’s several capable players on that roster Pikeville will be aware of.  Is their back up QB that bad?
Cutter Boley was not a problem for Pikeville last year because he did not play against the Panthers. Will Nichols played QB against Pikeville last season. Boley was injured earlier in the season and LCA suffered a three game losing streak including the game with Pikeville.

Boley returned to the lineup the next week after the Pikeville game and the Eagles went on a 7-game winning streak before falling to Mayfield in the 2A playoffs.

Some players are really not replaceable in a lineup, and Boley is one of those players, IMO.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lucas's post:
  • Hatz, TheStickyBandit
Wrong, Boley was 33-55 with 422 yards and 3 TDs and 3 Ints against Pikeville last year.

And had 2 other Ints literally dropped by Panthers
Well for one he is a year older, has another year of work and is one of the best QBs in the country. Then you add that now LCA is averaging 300+ per game rushing this season as opposed to 115 last season. LCA with 300yds rushing per game and Cutter Boley at QB equals major problems for defenses. This is not the same LCA team that Pikeville faced last year.
If Pikeville pulls out a win in this one then everyone else in 1A should just crown them now and just play for second.
(08-29-2023, 04:42 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Wrong, Boley was 33-55 with 422 yards and 3 TDs and 3 Ints against Pikeville last year.

And had 2 other Ints literally dropped by Panthers
You're right. I must have clicked on the Lexington Catholic link. Boley did not play the week before the Pikeville game. If he has another off game or is injured, then maybe the Panthers have a shot.
He’s a great QB. I wasn’t denying that. I was just saying it isn’t impossible for LCA to beat Pikeville without him, and it is possible for Pikeville to beat them with him. If that makes sense.
Pikeville has plenty of DBs and LBs that can flat out play. We will be fine
Boyley was injured in the CAL game last year.
LCA recruited better in the off season than Pikeville.

LCA by 3 touchdowns.
Pikeville has seen the quarterback and their running back before and he did not have a big night against Pikeville either when he played at Madison Central but to me you guys are missing the point to me their line play has improved is where I think they have got better now can pikeville beat them sure they can but LCA is a darn good football team and more than likely will win this game but one thing about it they won’t be (Pikeville I am talking about) face a team in 1A of this caliber
Pikeville by a TD.  I’d love to see LCA win 2A but this hype train isn’t authentic.  Pikeville is and will be more physical.  That matters.
(08-29-2023, 10:57 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Pikeville has seen the quarterback and their running back before and he did not have a big night against Pikeville either when he played at Madison Central but to me you guys are missing the point to me their line play has improved is where I think they have got better now can pikeville beat them sure they can but LCA is a darn good football team and more than likely will win this game but one thing about it they won’t be (Pikeville I am talking about) face a team in 1A of this caliber
That’s because he didn’t play against Pikeville last year
(08-30-2023, 02:01 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 10:57 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Pikeville has seen the quarterback and their running back before and he did not have a big night against Pikeville either when he played at Madison Central but to me you guys are missing the point to me their line play has improved is where I think they have got better now can pikeville beat them sure they can but LCA is a darn good football team and more than likely will win this game but one thing about it they won’t be (Pikeville I am talking about) face a team in 1A of this caliber
That’s because he didn’t play against Pikeville last year
Poor old RAD I didn’t say last year but he did the year before so you need to get your information correct before posting but I still love you RAD even though you you get your feelings hurt and stay off the board for a while
The Pikeville hate is real for some and deserved in some ways by how some of our people act.

Facts are Pikeville is the premier football program East of Fayette and a top 5 program in this state.
LCA by 28.
the addition of hensley for LCA makes a huge difference as it adds another dimension and element to attack. If LCA would incorporate more shorter level throws i think they can eat pikeville alive, but they attempt to take the top off a defense a little too much as seen in the Boyle game. Boley is a special athlete and makes a lot of special throws, but also makes questionable decisions and misreads some situations. The rollout to the left, 40 yard corner route, throw off back foot right on the money throw against boyle was special… But the drive before that he underthrew a seam route and a boyle defender fell luckily for a touchdown and 3 picks throughout the game. If he can throw for 3 plus TDs and limit the turnovers to 1, and hensley get his touches on the ground, i think they can win by 2 or 3 scores.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
Pikeville very well may lose but I don’t expect a blowout.
(08-30-2023, 11:49 AM)RTruth Wrote: The Pikeville hate is real for some and deserved in some ways by how some of our people act.

Facts are Pikeville is the premier football program East of Fayette and a top 5 program in this state.

Recently yes, but they had a 20 year span of pretty lackluster football!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belfry_99's post:
  • Fanatic42
(08-29-2023, 09:35 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: LCA recruited better in the off season than Pikeville.

LCA by 3 touchdowns.
LOL... every program now a days "recruits or entices" athletes. Just ask Douglass. They have and still does it blatantly.
(08-28-2023, 10:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 07:56 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: This LCA team is revamped, and Pikeville is missing some pieces from last season. Give us LCA 42-28.

What is missing from the Pikeville team?
Birchfield is gone, Hensley is gone. Thats just offensively. 

Defense is where they lost a lot of fire power with Carson Wright, Ray, and DeRossett. How can you not say that this team is missing some big pieces from last season. Some players have stepped up nicely but you don't easily replace a Birchfield or Wright.
(08-31-2023, 01:35 PM)Nations Elite Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 07:56 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: This LCA team is revamped, and Pikeville is missing some pieces from last season. Give us LCA 42-28.

Defense is where they lost a lot of fire power with Carson Wright, Ray, and DeRossett. How can you not say that this team is missing some big pieces from last season. Some players have stepped up nicely but you don't easily replace a Birchfield or Wright.

I still don't see anything missing.
(08-31-2023, 03:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 01:35 PM)Nations Elite Wrote:

I still don't see anything missing.
Tell him PJDoug you have to replace them you can’t play with 10 on defense 10 on offense that would give the other team an advantage
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • pjdoug
I just don’t see a team that is averaging 77 yards a game passing beating this years LCA team. I don’t care how good the run game is.
If this Pikeville team is missing some pieces, and when you consider the graduation loss you would never know it by the two games won against bigger schools. IF this team can bring LCA down, looks to me like they COULD go undefeated on remainder of schedule? We'll see.
Any live stream for this game Saturday?
Smile Jett, I aint giving you no money to blow this week....

LCA 49
Pikeville 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
(08-31-2023, 10:51 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: Any live stream for this game Saturday?

Prepspin I saw on Facebook.  Only one I know of. I think it’s $14.95 to stream though.  Boooo

https://go.prepspin.com/lca-vs-pikeville...nd-at-8pm/
(08-31-2023, 07:10 PM)Cobraxx Wrote: I just don’t see a team that is averaging 77 yards a game passing beating this years LCA team. I don’t care how good the run game is.
This argument has been used for years when an eastern ky team comes into the 859. But it hardly holds true and probably not true at all in this instance. Duty went 3-10 last game against a pretty good JC defense that when healthy is lethal. But against 5A pulaski, he went 15-18 with two scores. Which against a spread team that throws nearly every down, i think is pretty incredible. So the passing game should be fine in some regards to even out the running game. But even then LCA will have a tough time up front with this pikeville line so it might open up some slants or quick screens that might break. Idk if pikeville wins but i hate the argument “team can’t win cause they don’t pass” when pond creek has won 9 state championship games on spread teams most of the time not throwing a pass in the playoffs, same with the 2010s JC teams always being underdogs to boyle. When there is a defensive focus coach that controls the clock on the ground and plays aggressive when needed, it usually wins football games at all levels… Haywood, matney, dudley, Stoops, saban, smart, goes on and on.
I can’t wait to watch this game, I think LCA takes it by a couple TDs but if Pikeville wins then I won’t doubt them again this season. Either way, I think Pikeville wins 1A by 3+ TDs at Kroger