Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your most beautiful song?
Doesn't have to be the favorite or one you rock out to...
Come in Van and OSH
Here is mine
Sounds like people were having trouble and now getting through it

Beautiful words and beautiful song with a message

[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER, Old School Hound, Van Hagar
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Van Hagar
  • Granny Bear
Is there a more beautiful rock song than this?

https://youtu.be/sUJkCXE4sAA?si=tMGmOMuXbbm0Ugqn

And on the country side.

https://youtu.be/6M5HE5q11oY?si=zC1zsX-5S97Gu_lP
[-] The following 3 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • Granny Bear, jetpilot, Old School Hound
Marty Balin's compositions just touch me like none other. Something really special, almost mystical about this song. There's a video on YT that plays this song on a one hour loop. Sometimes I will listen to this song as I'm falling asleep. I think it's one of the most beautiful, magical love songs ever written. Always transports me back to the glorious '70's... MAGIC!!!

[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot, Van Hagar
(08-26-2023, 02:10 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Marty Balin's compositions just touch me like none other. Something really special, almost mystical about this song. There's a video on YT that plays this song on a one hour loop. Sometimes I will listen to this song as I'm falling asleep. I think it's one of the most beautiful, magical love songs ever written. Always transports me back to the glorious '70's... MAGIC!!!

Love that song, all time classic...

and this one

• Old School Hound
To me, anything sung by Alison Kraus is beautiful no matter the lyrics. Here is a case in point, a heartbreaking song based on a true story, but hauntingly beautiful nonetheless.

[-] The following 2 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • Granny Bear, jetpilot
"With Your Love" was gonna be my next Balin-composed song to post. Just beautiful.

Here's another that immediately transports me back to high school. This is a rare 8-minute recording that is never heard on the radio. Take a listen. You'll be glad you did. Truly ear candy for the soul. Balin was a special songwriter. Magic happened when he put his words to music.  Beautiful, beautiful song. 

Another country (almost pop) song that I think is sung beautifully is this one. I’ve always thought Gary Levox was an excellent singer.

My Sacrifice by Creed means a lot to me.  I don't want to get into exactly why it means so much, but it gives me hope that one day I will see someone restored to their former healthy self.  It won't be in this life time, but you cling to whatever gives you some type of hope and comfort.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Granny Bear
Yes. I'm old and cheesy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot, Van Hagar
A great choice. Here is my favorite Simon and Garfunkel tune, sad but beautiful. Nobody harmonized like these two.

https://youtu.be/4fWyzwo1xg0?si=kn-pIH5--O-2zcmm
I love that one, too!!

Also Sounds of Silence!
Isn’t that the song I posted? You’re confusing me, Granny Bear!??
No sweetheart, It is I who is confused.
The older I get, the more mind I lose. It's an age thing.

Smile
(09-19-2023, 09:52 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Yes. I'm old and cheesy.

It's a lovely song. Old and cheesy is not a bad thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot