Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County vs Shelby Valley
Bulldogs (1-0) host Shelby Valley (0-1) for the first game on the new turf in Louisa on Friday. This one should be a dandy!
LC
Lawrence County 35 - 21. Shelby Valley has a lot of work to do, Wildcats score a late one to keep it respectable
Lc 42 sv 14
Does LC have anyone broadcasting there games this year?
I liked what I seen with the Bulldogs offense so far this season. Good luck bulldogs

LC-35
SV-7
Yes radio coverage 99.3
Thank you
WKYH 99.3 or www.wkyham.com
Clock before halftime
There seems to be a lot of excitement in Louisa this season. Despite playing against them every year in high school I have always liked Lawrence County and am hoping they can get the victory.
The excitement is real, you’re right. Coaching staff is working hard and kids are as well. The older guys and younger guys are getting after it in practices. We always say the future is bright but it really is. Young guys are some studs and going to leave legacies here. Middle school and youth teams are dominating as well.
Lawrence County schools announced that kickoff is pushed back to 8:00 due to heat
WHEN WILL #7 BE CLEARED TO PLAY FOR LAWRENCE CO. ?
I will take Lawerence co in a close one.

LC 40
SV 35
#7 should be good to go for Friday! Even if he isn’t, they are good to go as a team! I really don’t see many teams scoring 35 on this defense.
Key to game pressure SV qb make him have to run.
Expect the boys from Louisa to put a running clock on this one at some point.

Lawrence 42 Shelby Valley 14
Dawgs are ready, had a really good practice tonight. They continue to get better each time I watch them.
(08-22-2023, 10:24 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Dawgs are ready, had a really good practice tonight. They continue to get better each time I watch them.

That's A bold statement.
If stating that they are ready because they have had really good practices and are getting better makes that a bold statement, then so be it. I know SV has a solid quarterback and talent, just feel like there is something special going on in Louisa. I could be wrong and that would be okay, would not be the first time, but the community feels it. We shall see!
(08-23-2023, 10:26 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: If stating that they are ready because they have had really good practices and are getting better makes that a bold statement, then so be it. I know SV has a solid quarterback and talent, just feel like there is something special going on in Louisa. I could be wrong and that would be okay, would not be the first time, but the community feels it. We shall see!

I'm not saying you're wrong.
I know SV will be ready too, they have a solid team.
Lawrence County is 3-0 against Shelby Valley all time, meeting in 2010, 2009, and 2004. The Bulldogs have won outscored the Wildcats 162-47 in the contests, the last one a 75-14 tail whipping in 2010. Coach Hampton is in his 8th season for SV, with an overall record of 51-22. Alan Short is also in his 8th season, with an overall record of 42-34.
LC has a beautiful field I seen it on Facebook and definitely had a great middle school team last year the only thing that I see is they really don’t play a tuff schedule until the get to Belfry so do you LC posters think that will hurt them come playoff time? Now that a question and I am not trying to start any junk I just believe you have to play stiff competition to get better but just my opinion
I think you’re exactly right and they will start to in my opinion because once they get this thing going, these other teams will drop them from the schedule.

I would say Shelby Valley, Perry Central and Harlan County are proving to be solid teams so nothing will be easy. I believe each of those teams provide solid competition, they will be a battle.
Shelby valley 14
LC 0

I think some LC massively underestimated how good SV.
Shocking both LC and SV
Thought LC would dominate this game