Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Russell @ Greenup County 8/26
Russell enters this 1-0 with a convincing win over Mason County.  Greenup enters 0-1 with a loss at Coal Grove (OH).  From those results, it looks like Russell is better than most expected and Greenup is worse. Not sure, though.  Maybe Mason isn’t as good this year and maybe Coal Grove is decent.  We will find out this weekend.

If Russell comes out 2-0 and Raceland comes out 0-2, it starts to become a harder task for the Rams to pilfer the Red Devil roster.
16thregioner I believe you're right on both counts. Mason isn't as good as we may have thought and I'm guessing Coal Grove is a pretty good team...but....it still won't be enough. Russell wins 28-13. Too bad we won't get to see Russell and Raceland this year, would've been a fun game and a nice gate....oh well.
How many kids on the current Raceland roster were "pilfered" from Russell?
Devils by 7.
Greenup 30 Russell 22
I saw Russell in two scrimmages and they looked awful. My take is that Mason isn’t that good and Greenup is solid, but Coal Grove isn’t a slouch. They have always been a physical football team.
Sammons is the real deal but greenup to soft upfront. Crews has a big game to help the devils get the win.
Russell by 2 TDs
(08-24-2023, 07:48 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Russell by 2 TDs

After watching the 2 1st week games of these teams on MyTown and HiveLive, I agree.  Russell is more physical.  What an unexpected resurgence for Red Devil football.
Russell Qb is better this year and they have some dudes who can catch it. Devils win.
Is there going to be a live stream?
Should be on mytowntv.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rocknroll's post:
  • T-CATS
https://www.youtube.com/live/h6M40RRmUQM...W5wLk1ci_I
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Russell’s defense really struggled in the first half. They need to go back and work on fundamental tackling. Offensively they’ve been able to move the ball but Greenup has played bend but don’t break for the most part. If they don’t make adjustments in the locker room this one could get out of hand in the 2nd half.
Score ???
21-7 at the half Greenup was leading
21-19 Greenup 7:00 4th quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Choke…
Greenup blocks Russell's field goal attempt as time expired.
21-19 Greenup final score
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounded like a good one
Nice win for the Musketeers. I thought Russell was a couple of TD's better. I was wrong. Congratulations!!
Too bad Russell lost this game.
I was hoping for a better performance.
Doesn't matter how many players raceland got from Russell. They can't beat Pikeville in class A. Pikeville will lay a thumping on them and make them love it.