Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archbishop Hoban (OH) 45 Frederick Douglass 6
Final total domination in all facets of the game today by the #40 ranked team nationally over the Broncos of Frederick Douglass. The Broncos has another tough opponent next Friday as they take on Trinity.
Hopefully Freddy D doesn't play any more out of state teams.  They just embarrassed our state.
Ky hasn’t had any decent football teams nationally other than Trinity. Embarrassing, who you kidding? Didn’t see anyone else volunteer to play Hoban. Beat Corbin and Boyle probably just as bad. Might as well sent Class A Pikeville to play Hoban.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
I would have sent Pikeville or Whitley County to spank some Hoban hind end wouldn’t you PJDoug
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Westside
How embarrassing
[-] The following 1 user Likes bo67's post:
  • Westside
I guess this shows how difficult it is to win a state title in Ohio as compared to Kentucky. Kentucky football is apparently like the JFL compared to their neighbors from the north. Kudos to Frederick Douglass for trying.
Douglas starting QB was out or got hurt early in the game I am told. Dont think it made a difference on if Douglas would have won or not but it played a factor.
(08-20-2023, 10:34 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Douglas starting QB was out or got hurt early in the game I am told.  Dont think it made a difference on if Douglas would have won or not but it played a factor.
wouldnt have made a bit of difference in the world lol ur not in kentucky anymore
We’re basing all of these opinions off of FD’s team. How do we know they are the same team they’ve been in the past couple of years?
(08-20-2023, 10:34 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Douglas starting QB was out or got hurt early in the game I am told.  Dont think it made a difference on if Douglas would have won or not but it played a factor.
I heard it was neither, just got beat out. That's just what I was told.

(08-20-2023, 11:21 PM)Hound05 Wrote: We’re basing all of these opinions off of FD’s team. How do we know they are the same team they’ve been in the past couple of years?
Not even close. They lost a lot. Still not sure they could have beaten that team with last years team.
From someone who was there, they got man handled in all aspects of the game. Douglas will be fine in KY. I do not know about a state title but they will be fine. 

To be fair, Hoban is the best team in Ohio this year and 40th in the nation. They'll put it on most teams they play. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Bull got out!
I really don’t think getting beat by the 40th ranked team in the country is a “ embarrassment “
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
From what I’ve researched FD has more players with D1 offers than Hoban.

Think the outcome has more to do with the private vs public, greater population/larger pool of Akron vs Lex, or coaching/discipline? Maybe a little bit of all of the above.

Jimmys and joes on paper seem equal maybe even favored towards FD.

(08-21-2023, 09:08 AM)AverageJoe Wrote: From what I’ve researched FD has more players with D1 offers than Hoban. 

Think the outcome has more to do with the private vs public, greater population/larger pool of Akron vs Lex, or coaching/discipline?  Maybe a little bit of all of the above.

Jimmys and joes on paper seem equal maybe even favored towards FD.

On paper as in 12-15 d1 kids vs 8-10** Not on paper as in the rankings.
(08-20-2023, 11:21 PM)Hound05 Wrote: We’re basing all of these opinions off of FD’s team. How do we know they are the same team they’ve been in the past couple of years?
douglass will be fine, i bet they may even win state. hoban is just different. they put all those private school resources to good use. state champions in 15, 16, 17, 18, and 20.
Hoban has 3 kids inside the top 500 recruits in the country, Douglass has none. There’s a difference between d1 talent and a top 500 recruit. Douglass doesn’t have that player they had in dane key, jagger, or some of the top 500 players in the past that dominates in every fashion. The highest ranked player is in the 850 to 1000 range which is quite the drop off. The top 200-300 dudes in the country are a different level of elite, not to mention hoban also presented talent from all over northeast ohio and not just lexington like douglass. A public school from fayette county doesn’t succeed much and this one does.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • AverageJoe