Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 19 North Laurel 7
Final.

Congratulations Bobcats!!!

Great game; very competitive!
Way to go Bobcats!
Congratulations Bell County and Mr. Dudley!!!
finished the game with a kneel inside the 5 after a long killer drive. I think the thomas touches were at least over 25-30. The few times they went in the air with the actual QB was successful. Bell looked like a well oiled machine and should run over teams until the get to rock where it will be a good game imo. Bell has athletes on the edge and especially on defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
Sounded like a good one. Congrats to Bell
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Take aways from last nights game for Bell:
•Daniel Thomas is a stud(#4). Statistically a modest game for his standard but that was the game pace. Big season coming. 
•The passing game is there, Bell didn’t have to throw the ball much but looked competent when they did.
•Like any team early on in the season, the special teams need work. Very costly shanked punts, blown kickoff/kickoff return coverages.

Take aways for North Laurel:
•Lots of work to do offensively. Looked very flat and couldn’t seem to find out what’s going to work for them. 
•Expected a lot more defensively from Johnson (#40) and Chappell (#32) (last years state sack leader; EKU commit). Expected them to give Bell major problems but they got lost in the mix of things. 
• #10 (McWhorter, listed as a Freshman) seemed to be in on every tackle for the Jaguars. Thomas rushes for 250+ 5TD if that kid isn’t on the field. 

In conclusion: pretty good game. It was closer than expected and honestly should have been a lot closer when you consider North Laurel had a punt return TD called back early in the game, as well as, a fumble on their own 1 yard line. Many positives for both teams looking forward. Both should have solid seasons. I have a feeling NL will still be rooting for Bell later in the season when the Rock game rolls around after the drama I was informed of that unfolded between the two in the off season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RingRingGoCats's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior
Sounded like a great game. Congrats Bell County.
Lots Of Mistakes but fixable ones for both teams North has some good looking players Good Luck On the rest of the Season!!
(08-19-2023, 02:13 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: Lots Of Mistakes but fixable ones for both teams North has some good looking players Good Luck On the rest of the Season!!

How close is this Bell County team to the 2008 team? Smile
(08-19-2023, 02:31 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 02:13 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: Lots Of Mistakes but fixable ones for both teams North has some good looking players Good Luck On the rest of the Season!!

Can be the best team other than 2019 since 2008 if the air game can be utilized. If they stick to the ground and pound it 40 times idk how good they can be but i watched 2 receivers last night for bell and they made unbelievable plays the few times they went to the air. The line and defense in 08 and 19 were pretty tough to match but thomas in the backfield with an air attack may be the best offense in a while if it starts clicking.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
(08-19-2023, 03:56 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

Can be the best team other than 2019 since 2008 if the air game can be utilized. If they stick to the ground and pound it 40 times idk how good they can be but i watched 2 receivers last night for bell and they made unbelievable plays the few times they went to the air. The line and defense in 08 and 19 were pretty tough to match but thomas in the backfield with an air attack may be the best offense in a while if it starts clicking.
I'm sure Dudley will utilize the pass when needed if  they have the ability. I hadn't seen them play  enough to know, but they seem to better than they have been for the past few seasons.
(08-19-2023, 04:21 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 03:56 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

I'm sure Dudley will utilize the pass when needed if  they have the ability. I hadn't seen them play  enough to know, but they seem to better than they have been for the past few seasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • Gridiron_Raid
(08-19-2023, 10:42 AM)RingRingGoCats Wrote:  
• #10 (McWhorter, listed as a Freshman) seemed to be in on every tackle for the Jaguars. Thomas rushes for 250+ 5TD if that kid isn’t on the field. 

Is that kid related to ther McWhorter Kid, that was QB out there several yrs ago or the one that was a Linebacker?
(08-19-2023, 05:02 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote:

Is that kid related to ther McWhorter Kid, that was QB out there several yrs ago or the one that was a Linebacker?

I wonder if it's the same person?  lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever

Probably 2nd or 3rd best since 08 In My Opinion

(08-19-2023, 07:13 PM)BobcatForever Wrote:

Probably 2nd or 3rd best since 08 In My Opinion
got potential to be maybe 2nd best behind 2019
(08-19-2023, 07:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 05:02 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote:

I wonder if it's the same person?  lol
Thanks, RCR for the info, good to know it's not the same person & that he is a Freshman!