Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 2023
Second year coach Wilcoxon looks to improve this year again. He got the eagles up and breathing last year with a Victory over Morgan Co.
with only 3 Homes games in Westwood this year id say the Eagles will be the most traveled team in the entire state possibly, schedule makers were not too kind for the boys of the wood. also roster has 20 players currently and not one listed as QB. i look for eagles to improve again this year and win 2 games
(07-15-2023, 04:08 PM)scrappy coco Wrote: Second year coach Wilcoxon looks to improve this year again. He got the eagles up and breathing last year with a Victory over Morgan Co.
with only 3 Homes games in Westwood this year id say the Eagles will be the most traveled team in the entire state possibly, schedule makers were not too kind for the boys of the wood. also roster has 20 players currently and not one listed as QB. i look for eagles to improve again this year and win 2 games
This is a serious question and I’m not trying to be rude at all but why do you think the team will be improved if they don’t have a QB listed on the roster?  Typically having an established QB is one of the keys to having a successful football team so it is hard to see how they will be improved if this hasn’t been established.

What are the standards for improvement that you think they will see this season?
Imo, “More than the year before” needs to be the mindset of those in Mossy Bottom right now. Both in wins and program interest. That imo, will be considered growth. They need more kids out, but in order to do that, you gotta win games. So scheduling is crucial for the Eagles over the next few years. They had some talent and size in what would be the Soph class this year but I’m pretty sure a large part of that talent has transferred out or no longer playing football. Tough position to be in right now for a HC. Wish them the best though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • scrappy coco
Crappy snow cone and the scareview beagles need to hit up Huntington high again. What do they have to lose?
(07-17-2023, 12:52 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Crappy snow cone and the scareview beagles need to hit up Huntington high again. What do they have to lose?

Uncalled for...I don't know a lot about their football team but I've never met a person from Westwood that I didn't like. I hope their team continues to improve and becomes competitive. A stronger district will only help my Rams.  Maybe they should take the high road and do like we did a few years ago when one class decided to "hold back" which then started a tidal wave filtering all the way back through the 7th grade?? I'm proud of the Rams but I don't agree with some of the things that have happened. I'm sure Fairview fans are not proud of the things that went on back in the day but still take pride in their school and their teams.
[-] The following 4 users Like i82much's post:
  • 16thregioner, KColley, Orange Blaze, scrappy coco
(07-17-2023, 09:41 AM)i82much Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 12:52 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Crappy snow cone and the scareview beagles need to hit up Huntington high again. What do they have to lose?

Uncalled for...I don't know a lot about their football team but I've never met a person from Westwood that I didn't like. I hope their team continues to improve and becomes competitive. A stronger district will only help my Rams.  Maybe they should take the high road and do like we did a few years ago when one class decided to "hold back" which then started a tidal wave filtering all the way back through the 7th grade?? I'm proud of the Rams but I don't agree with some of the things that have happened. I'm sure Fairview fans are not proud of the things that went on back in the day but still take pride in their school and their teams.
I use to feel the same way about hood backs. I done some research on it and you would be very surprised on what you would learn if you looked into it. If we as a country tried to get all of our kids to graduate high school at 18-19 instead of 17-18 the percentage  of kids staying in college and graduating goes up like 30%. As far as sports goes…you are a fool to not use every advantage to get your kids college paid for. If holding your child back gets him the opportunity to play at the next level then you should hold your kid back. But that decision is for each individual family to make and it’s really none of our business when families decide to do it

When will the statute of limitations expire for anti-Fairview comments?  The whoopings the McPeeks put on the Rams were more than a decade ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(07-17-2023, 10:24 AM)16thregioner Wrote:

When will the statute of limitations expire for anti-Fairview comments?  The whoopings the McPeeks put on the Rams were more than a decade ago.
Raceland fans complaining about transfers from another school is throwing stones at a glass house.  I love my Rams but let’s be real here and admit that Raceland has benefitted greatly from transfers wouldn’t have been nearly as successful as it’s been in the past decade of not for kids that came from other schools.  Mocking Fairview for getting kids from Huntington is laughable because the two best female athletes in Raceland right now came from Spring Valley (WV) which is basically the same area that the kids from Fairview came from.

Fairview really didn’t do anything different other than expand their range from where their transfers came from.  Their big mistake was playing an indelible kid because if his age (which was wrong no doubt).

I think a lot of people hate on Fairview from that time because they were the school from the other side of the tracks that started being successful and was beating wealthier schools thus disrupting the status quo.  Had Raceland, Russell, or Ashland been getting the kids that Fairview was getting nothing would have been said but because it was Fairview they were subject of ridicule.

As for the program right now, I think the realignment may be in their favor. Outside if Raceland the competing in the district isn’t completely unrealistic. Maybe not this season but in the next couple of years they could be competitive with Paris and Nicholas County if they improve season to season.
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • KColley, scrappy coco
(07-17-2023, 10:11 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 09:41 AM)i82much Wrote:

I use to feel the same way about hood backs. I done some research on it and you would be very surprised on what you would learn if you looked into it. If we as a country tried to get all of our kids to graduate high school at 18-19 instead of 17-18 the percentage  of kids staying in college and graduating goes up like 30%. As far as sports goes…you are a fool to not use every advantage to get your kids college paid for. If holding your child back gets him the opportunity to play at the next level then you should hold your kid back. But that decision is for each individual family to make and it’s really none of our business when families decide to do it

We've been here before RAMDAD and my reply to this post wasn't meant to open up that can of worms again.  I can agree with at least on some level with what you said...but...that's not what happened at Raceland. Almost an entire class of players held back which forced kids and parents behind them to have to do the same. It wasn't a case of individual families making private decisions that is none of our business. It was a case of if you don't hold back then playing time will be reduced and the chances of getting that scholarship you referred to is greatly reduced. Also, very few of our students get D1 scholarships. After that the percentage of the cost that the scholarship pays for goes down significantly. Given the higher cost of tuition at these smaller schools getting your "college paid for" is just not happening. Most times if you do the math it's cheaper to take any academic scholarships you get and along with KEE's money just attend a state university. I just did that math a few years ago with my own son. Other than getting to say my son plays college ball there was absolutely no reason to take those "scholarships". Not to mention none of the small schools offering him scholarships had a college of engineering. Play a sport, pay more, and get to major in something you don't want?? I know that's not the case with everyone but my scenario is the same one faced by most of our parents and student athletes.  The common sense and math just didn't work out for us.....Using the rationale of a holding back to increase your chances of getting a scholarship just doesn't make sense. Especially if I'm a parent of a student in the grade behind you and the chances of my child getting a scholarship just decreased because of your "individual family decision that is none of my business".
Why did Raceland drop out of the Ironton 7-on-7 this week? That seems like the exact opposite move a school would do that is looking to get their players scholarships.

Love them or hate them, Ironton is the place to be currently showcasing your skills if you’re interested in playing in college.
(07-17-2023, 11:37 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:

Raceland fans complaining about transfers from another school is throwing stones at a glass house.  I love my Rams but let’s be real here and admit that Raceland has benefitted greatly from transfers wouldn’t have been nearly as successful as it’s been in the past decade of not for kids that came from other schools.  Mocking Fairview for getting kids from Huntington is laughable because the two best female athletes in Raceland right now came from Spring Valley (WV) which is basically the same area that the kids from Fairview came from.

Fairview really didn’t do anything different other than expand their range from where their transfers came from.  Their big mistake was playing an indelible kid because if his age (which was wrong no doubt).

I think a lot of people hate on Fairview from that time because they were the school from the other side of the tracks that started being successful and was beating wealthier schools thus disrupting the status quo.  Had Raceland, Russell, or Ashland been getting the kids that Fairview was getting nothing would have been said but because it was Fairview they were subject of ridicule.

As for the program right now, I think the realignment may be in their favor. Outside if Raceland the competing in the district isn’t completely unrealistic. Maybe not this season but in the next couple of years they could be competitive with Paris and Nicholas County if they improve season to season.

Agree 100 percent with everything you said. McPeeks are continuing to recruit at Frederick Douglass but nobody bats an eye because it's a chosen one of the KHSAA. Fairview is not a "chosen one," it is a school with very little wealth and an independent school at that.

I played at Russell, and if what had happened at Fairview happened at Ashland, Raceland or Russell it would've been a non-issue.
(07-17-2023, 01:07 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Why did Raceland drop out of the Ironton 7-on-7 this week?  That seems like the exact opposite move a school would do that is looking to get their players scholarships.

Love them or hate them, Ironton is the place to be currently showcasing your skills if you’re interested in playing in college.
Horse nuts! The only thing Ironton is showcasing is their coach so he can get a college job. Besides they don’t have D1 talent over there anyway. Just getting kids to go to schools they will never play at is a disservice to the kids

The eagles blow and slappy blowhole knows it. And so does everybody in western weed!

NEVER!
(07-17-2023, 11:47 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 01:07 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Why did Raceland drop out of the Ironton 7-on-7 this week?  That seems like the exact opposite move a school would do that is looking to get their players scholarships.

Horse nuts! The only thing Ironton is showcasing is their coach so he can get a college job. Besides they don’t have D1 talent over there anyway. Just getting kids to go to schools they will never play at is a disservice to the kids

The eagles blow and slappy blowhole knows it. And so does everybody in western weed!

NEVER!
Exactly like when RAD will congratulate Pikeville players and coaches for their win back in December. LOL
Lol RAD is back. Jet and RAD have some epic bullshittery in the past. Can’t wait for the season to start

In regards to Fairview, I don’t see them improving much this year but I think they need to give this new HC time and not go looking for someone new if they struggle the next few years. They need to schedule some wins and get some interest back in the program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-18-2023, 12:16 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
We got hosed. That was like a Pikeville home cooking game. Refs were in the team championship picture!

NEVER!
Exactly like when RAD will congratulate Pikeville players and coaches for their win back in December. LOL
We got hosed. That was like playing in a Pikeville home cooking game. Refs were in the championship picture!
(07-18-2023, 10:33 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 12:16 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
We got hosed. That was like a Pikeville home cooking game. Refs were in the team championship picture!

NEVER!
We got hosed. That was like playing in a Pikeville home cooking game. Refs were in the championship picture!
That's awesome! Refs were in the picture signaling touchdown Pikeville over and over!
Nice article in ADI today about QB position at Fairview. Freshman Jace Manning will be the new signal caller in Westwood this season. Both older brothers were pretty good athletes. Good luck to all the Eagles this year. BITW
[-] The following 1 user Likes scrappy coco's post:
  • Ramcat77
How are the numbers?
(08-04-2023, 12:36 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: How are the numbers?

Definitely lower than they were a decade ago.
I hope that Fairview finds stability and they are able to be competitive again
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(08-04-2023, 12:36 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: How are the numbers?
well let me say this how ever many they have they could be plus one if the Arnett boy went to school where he lives
He looked good tonight. Come to Putnam on the 18th and watch
This thread cracks me up beings I know how the floodgate originally opened from Devil Hill to the orange ram pasture field.

Many cheat, transfer, and do things that are forbidden by “the rules”.

KHSAA picks and chooses who to punish and who gets the blind eye.
(08-08-2023, 10:08 PM)ROTC Wrote: This thread cracks me up beings I know how the floodgate originally opened from Devil Hill to the orange ram pasture field.

Many cheat, transfer, and do things that are forbidden by “the rules”. 

KHSAA picks and chooses who to punish and who gets the blind eye.
You’re just a $hit stirrer. You go back ten years and count all the Raceland transfers from Russell and you wouldn’t come up with the number that Fairview got from West Virginia in one year hahah. You people think you know something but you don’t. I just like going back and forth with crappy cocock. Hell you gotta respect the man for even being here. He’s the only damn Fairview still left. Much respect sir
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • scrappy coco
Smile
Stirring nothing Sir. If it fits; wear it.

OR

Keep it in the closet.