Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Believe In UFOs?
UFO's have been a hot topic in the news lately.  One of the two biggest headlines occurring in Las Vegas when a family called 911 to report 10 foot tall aliens in their yard and on top of their house.  The other big headline occurring when a whistleblower with the Pentagon saying the U.S. government had 12 alien aircrafts in the possession along with some bodies.  

Do you believe in UFO's ?
I do believe in UFO's.  I have never seen one, but when I was young, my dad told me when he was in the army and stationed at Ft Bliss in Texas he saw one when night when he was on guard duty.
I absolutely believe there are UFOs, or UAPs (or whatever the government wants us to call them). I have seen them. I don't believe that everything I've seen over 71 years is extraterrestrial, but I do believe some of them were.

I remember a few years ago, being on the side of the road on top of a mountain and filming what I believed was a UFO. I was so excited!! I posted the video on Facebook, and as it turns out, it was the Starlink satellites. LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Westside
I saw a UFO, along with everybody else living around Columbus, OH, in the mid-60s. It was a very high altitude object that was brighter than Venus in the evening sky and nobody ever determined what the object was. However, I am very skeptical that we have been visited by aliens.

In an era where almost all adults and most children have mobile phones with high resolution cameras, it seems unlikely that if aliens were here, then we would have no clear photos of them or their flying vehicles. It is far more likely that robotic probes sent by aliens and controlled by AI would be sent to Earth.

I will remain a skeptic until human scientists show that they can get around the interstellar travel obstacle of the speed limit of light.

The question of whether there is intelligent life anywhere in the universe besides planet Earth is entirely different than the question of whether aliens are among us. I find it extremely likely that there are at least millions of alien civilizations scattered throughout the universe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Westside
"The question of whether there is intelligent life anywhere in the universe besides planet Earth is entirely different than the question of whether aliens are among us. I find it extremely likely that there are at least millions of alien civilizations scattered throughout the universe."

I agree.  However if these UFOs are probes collecting data, it would likely be operated by intelligent life.
It's fun to think about.  Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, Westside
^I disagree. We are getting close to a point where AI will be used to operate autonomous probes in space. The distances would be too great to remotely pilot probes from Earth on exoplanets and any advanced civilization would probably be faced with that same dilemna - unless a way around the speed of light limit is reached. Sending live bodies multiple light-years to probe other planets will always be more expensive than sending AI-operated probes.

IMO, a civilization is only likely to send live beings to planets outside of their own star systems to colonize them. If aliens visit Earth, then we should begin preparing for an invasion.

I do agree that it is fun to speculate about UFOs and aliens because most of us will never know when and if aliens first arrive(d).  Smile

At this time, I find that it is far more likely that reports of alien technology are attempts by human governments to distract attention away from their corruption and mistakes than the "evidence" is genuine.

I work near the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency(NGIA). When I first began working here, I made a couple of wrong turns and ended up at a gate of the NGIA. The guards starting waving their arms and yelling, "You are in the wrong place!" before I rolled to a stop. They were probably expecting a black SUV with darkly tinted windows. 

UFO ‘whistleblower’ says government has ‘intact’ non-human craft

UFO ‘whistleblower’ says government has ‘intact’ non-human
Can you say MIB???

Huh
I was abducted once by aliens.
(06-18-2023, 10:37 AM)plantmanky Wrote: I was abducted once by aliens.
I believe that. I really do. Smile

Btw,  I saw some odd lights in the sky a few weeks ago in Williamsburg. It was three lights(  Iassumed from some kind of aircraft(s). I watched them for about a minute as they got closer.  I looked in my car for something and when I looked back to the sky, they had disappeared.  Really weird.

Back in the early 70's, we had a really odd evening. I think it was in the summer. Maybe '72?  We had an extended blackout that evening. It lasted several hours.All electricity city-wide was out. Later heard that some mysterious blue lights were seen hovering over the Pepsi Cola Bottling plant on the Falls Road in Corbin. Sure enough, the story of the strange blue lights was on the front page of the local paper the next day. Never heard any definitive conclusions about what caused the blackout or the source of the blue lights in the sky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Westside
(06-18-2023, 11:48 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 10:37 AM)plantmanky Wrote: I was abducted once by aliens.
I believe that. I really do. Smile

Btw,  I saw some odd lights in the sky a few weeks ago in Williamsburg. It was three lights(  Iassumed from some kind of aircraft(s). I watched them for about a minute as they got closer.  I looked in my car for something and when I looked back to the sky, they had disappeared.  Really weird.

Back in the early 70's, we had a really odd evening. I think it was in the summer. Maybe '72?  We had an extended blackout that evening. It lasted several hours.All electricity city-wide was out. Later heard that some mysterious blue lights were seen hovering over the Pepsi Cola Bottling plant on the Falls Road in Corbin. Sure enough, the story of the strange blue lights was on the front page of the local paper the next day. Never heard any definitive conclusions about what caused the blackout or the source of the blue lights in the sky.

I love hearing about stuff like this.
We've got some members of this site who work for the railroad that I bet know don't about the train-ufo incident.
I believe in unidentified flying objects, but they are just that——unidentified. That doesn’t mean they are from alien worlds. There has never been one shred of evidence of alien visitors to earth. What we have are thousands of photos, always grainy, of objects and no material evidence of a spacecraft or alien. And please don’t bring up Roswell to me. I’ve researched that and read several books about it and that entire episode is explainable.