Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard's Meehan Retires.
Who will the Dawgs go after to replace a legend?
Is this official? I have heard rumors but haven't seen anything. Be hard to replace John Meehan.
I don’t see Meehan hanging it up
Done deal. His resignation statement was on Facebook.

(06-15-2023, 01:14 PM)catsrule Wrote: Done deal.  His resignation statement was on Facebook.

[-] The following 3 users Like catsrule's post:
  • Bluecat, KnoxvillesFinest, TheStickyBandit
I can see Bobby Keith Dixon making a COMEBACK TOUR. Be a super hire.
Here are some of the names that have been rumored about....

Booth
Varney
Feltner
Dean
Campbell
I don’t see Varney coming he lives in Winchester and has the best facilities in the state.
Congrats to Coach Meehan on a great career, class act of a person and a great coach.
(06-15-2023, 03:27 PM)Stone Jack Baller Wrote: Here are some of the names that have been rumored about....

Booth
Varney
Feltner
Dean
Campbell
Be tough to follow Meehan but this is a good list to start with.
Chris Varney will not leave Rome for here.

Brian Campbell leaving Florida to come back here is ludicrous to believe.

Travis Feltner is a Hall of Fame Coach and has a great program at LC.

Doubt Dean leaves LCC because the pay is better there.

Brett Booth probably should get his turn considering he’s helped for years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bulldogs4Ever's post:
  • Bluecat
What a career by Meehan. Legend.

If Boothe wants the job it would be hard to say no and would be a solid hire. He’s learned from the GOAT.
(06-16-2023, 10:01 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Chris Varney will not leave Rome for here.

Brian Campbell leaving Florida to come back here is ludicrous to believe. 

Travis Feltner is a Hall of Fame Coach and has a great program at LC. 

Doubt Dean leaves LCC because the pay is better there.

Brett Booth probably should get his turn considering he’s helped for years.
100%
Would Brian Dean be interested?

I do not know the details of his agreement with Letcher but with Meehan gone Dean is arguably the best baseball coach in the region.
(06-16-2023, 10:53 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Would Brian Dean be interested?

I do not know the details of his agreement with Letcher but with Meehan gone Dean is arguably the best baseball coach in the region.
I think Dean would be a good fit at Hazard. Question is what does each have returning between Hazard and Letcher?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
Rumor is Dean has already turned them down. And I don't see Varney leaving GRC. Alos seems to me like they aren't too interested in promoting within.
I'd send some feelers out to Clay's coach, not sure he'd come but he does a really nice job.
I think a lot of you might be surprised about Varney. Hazard is home to him. And GRC is not sounding like all it’s cracked up to be. Great facilities, talent? Yes. Support from administration, parents, off the field drama???? I’m hearing some things on those fronts.
(06-16-2023, 03:46 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: I think a lot of you might be surprised about Varney. Hazard is home to him. And GRC is not sounding like all it’s cracked up to be. Great facilities, talent? Yes. Support from administration, parents, off the field drama???? I’m hearing some things on those fronts.
I think Varney would be a great hire if they can get him to make the move back to Hazard.
What’s the big deal about Varney? What all has he done win/loss wise? Not trashing him, just not familiar with him.
Congrats on a great career Coach! As far as hiring someone at Hazard you probably want to hire someone that coached under John. I’ve heard different names from around the area. Bryan Dean, Chris Varney, Tewayne Willis, Justin Combs and a few others I’ve heard but I don’t think any of these guys leave where they are. Still think they need to hire Booth. The guy has been there forever and learned from John. So I’d say he would be a good hire. Kids are familiar with him as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oldschool86's post:
  • Bluecat
What's the news here? Haven't heard anything in awhile.
Top 3 narrowing things down
Eddie Browning
Twayne Willis
Chris Varney
Boothe (sp)
[-] The following 1 user Likes catsrule's post:
  • Bluecat
(06-16-2023, 03:46 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: I think a lot of you might be surprised about Varney. Hazard is home to him. And GRC is not sounding like all it’s cracked up to be. Great facilities, talent? Yes. Support from administration, parents, off the field drama???? I’m hearing some things on those fronts.
Wink Wink Wink
Tried to tell you all!
This guy will take more kids from Perry than Meehan did. Homerun hire for the Dawgs. I’d say half Perry will be headed that way.