Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 8 Johnson Central 7 15th Region Championship
Final from Sonecrest in Pburg

Game went to extra innings and was a exciting game to watch between 2 good teams.

Pikeville gets first regional championship since 2012.
Congratulations to the Panthers on a huge accomplishment. Beat three excellent teams and were on the brink of defeat twice and found a way. Best of luck at state, bottom bracket is set up for the taking…
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Panther Thunder
Congratulations to Pikeville on a hard fought win. They have been a strong team all season. They played some extraordinary small ball the last few innings.

I would love to have seen a replay on the call at first base in the bottom of the 8th. It was a bang bang play but it looked like the runner and the ball were there simultaneously. Absolutely brutal way to lose a regional championship. Who knows if it changes the result but JC would have had 1st and 3rd with 1 out with momentum.
Pikeville almost gave this one away when Wright came into pitch. How come simpkins didn’t go to Jackson Hall Walker? He’s pitched more innings this year and seemed definitely more poised to throw strikes after Wright got pulled. Pikeville almost ran out of pitching and something I noticed during the game was when Bash Ryan came out from pitching to SS he could barely throw the ball without rotating his arm like his shoulder was bothering him. They ended up having to move him to 2nd base and Duty to 3rd. Hopefully that’s not a serious injury for him
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I was also wondering why Pikeville didn’t go with Hall on the mound earlier.   He seems to be a kid that is very calm under pressure.  He had pitched several good innings this season.  I guess it all worked out in the end.  Just believe Pikeville made this game harder on themselves than it had to be.  Good luck at state tournament Panthers.
I have a serious question how come they don’t use rpi in baseball? I know if you look at khsaa website they have rpi on every team and how they are rank
What a night to be a Panther!!!
Way to go Panthers!
You know I thought JC was really down this year but it just goes to show you what kind of coaches and program they have there. Kudos to the team and Coaches. They are always competitive.