Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pikeville 3, Paintsville 1 (8 innings) 15th semifinals
You can know it’s coming but if it’s executed properly you still can’t stop it.
(05-24-2023, 10:31 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: Everyone on the hill knew what Shane was gonna do when he called time, lol. Use that play against his former chief.
No longer the best in the business
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-24-2023, 10:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: You can know it’s coming but if it’s executed properly you still can’t stop it.
Ha, compliment your coach and you still get torn up.  He's been the best coach in the region since he was at Prestonsburg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Haha I’m not torn up at all. Just respect for Hall. Hopefully Simpkins can match Hall’s record. I’m a huge Pikeville fan and would love to see it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • MountainMamba
(05-24-2023, 10:48 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 10:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: You can know it’s coming but if it’s executed properly you still can’t stop it.
Ha, compliment your coach and you still get torn up.  He's been the best coach in the region since he was at Prestonsburg.

Hard to say anybody has been better than Coach Hall over the past decade. JC has been to 9 straight regional championship games. They have won 5. That is the mark of a great coach. Season after season with up years and down years he finds a way to have his team in the final. 

Simpkins is a great coach. There’s no doubt about it but he has a lot of ground to make up on Hall.
Congrats to Pikeville! Had to win back to back instant classics! Hats off to coach Simpkins… Helluva coach and has proven himself.
Shawn Hall deserves all the credit in the world also. Everybody counted them out early in the year and yet again he comes out not only competitive in the regions but probably should have won the dang thing. (Especially with the draw they got and leaving 10+ runners on base tonight).
Was a special tournament this year that I hated to see end.
Again, congrats panthers. Go make some noise in Lexington! The mountains are cheering you boys on!!