Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock Them Up: Where Do You Stand?
I am not posting a link to any articles because it has become increasingly difficult to find news articles in which reporters actually make an effort to report objectively.

My position is simple and has not changed. If any elected public official is guilty of criminally mishandling classified documents, then I am in favor of prosecuting them to the same extent to which a normal American citizen or legal resident would be prosecuted. The allegations against Hillary Clinton were very serious. The allegations against Joe Biden are very serious. And the allegations against Donald Trump are very serious.

Granted, there may be laws, such as the Presidential Records Act of 1978, that set different standards for former U.S. Presidents and Vice Presidents than for other American citizens or legal residents, but barring laws or Supreme Court precedents that may protect former presidents and vice presidents from criminal prosecution, I fully support criminal prosecution of anybody who intentionally or negligently violates laws covering the proper handling of classified documents.

Do you support the principle that no American is above the law or do you subscribe the the Orwellian principle that some animals are more equal than other animals?
I had intended to post a poll with this thread. My position is simple.

I support prosecuting and jailing Hillary Clinton if she broke criminal laws covering the handling of classified documents.

I support prosecuting and jailing Joe Biden if he has broken criminal laws covering the handling of classified documents.

I support prosecuting and jailing Donald Trump if he has broken criminal laws covering the handling of classified documents.

BTW, I also support the impeachment, prosecution, and execution of any incumbent or former U.S. president who is guilty of treason.

What I do not support is the politicization of the U.S. Department of Justice and the selective prosecution of Americans based on purely political considerations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Patriot1
Anyone who breaks the law should be prosecuted and, if tried and found guilty, should be jailed. Democrat or Republican, doesn't matter.
For once in my life, I totally agree with OSH!!

Political affiliation should NOT be a consideration when someone has broken the law PERIOD
No one should be above the law, but I cannot see any of them actually going to prison.