Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Americans have lost their trust in government
After Special Counsel John Durham’s report Americans now know there was widespread political collusion and deliberate deception from the very top of the Obama administration, the Clinton campaign, the corporate media and the Department of Justice all in favor of the Democrats.   Who is going to trust the Department of Justice now?

Donald Trump is essentially inoculated from any future prosecution by virtue of the public mistrust in a weaponized federal government. Even if prosecutors somehow manage to get a jury to convict, the public will see it as a political witch hunt predicated primarily on partisan politics.  Not only did these people abuse their power and lie to the public, they seem to be proud of it
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
I lost my faith in the Justice Department and federal regulatory agencies during the administration of George W. Bush, after Ronald Reagan had restored my faith, and after the disastrous for years of Jimmy Carter.

If you are not a very wealthy individual who can afford to pay for top dollar lawyers, then your chances of getting Justice from the Department of Justice and the federal law enforcement agencies is for all practical purposes zero. They will bankrupt you and threaten your friends and family with baseless legal actions, just to pressure you into confessing to crimes that you did not commit.

There is nothing just about coerced plea bargains but that is how the DOJ rolls. The U.S. Constitution discourages abuse of our legal system but most abuse by the federal government goes unpunished.
I hung on a little longer than Hoot, but my final opinion is the same.
I meant to type George H. W. Bush. His Secretary of Labor Lynn Martin could have taught Biden and Obama a thing or two about destroying the coal industry. She vilified the industry and threatened family members of coal mine operators with criminal prosecutions to elicit plea bargains. That was when I began to understand how ruthless our own government can be toward innocent American citizens and it has only gotten worse since then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Granny Bear
All correct in my view ^^, but I believe one must be able to get to the root cause of these problems in order to properly understand them.

The normal life is the obedient life-- in and of Christ. Despite the ongoing intellectual dishonesties of the government and the scientific community, man is a spiritual being. Not the product of chance. And as such he is sustained by God and accountable to God Who BTW, is the Provider of all that we will ever have. This idea that fossil fuels are bad, and that there are dozens of sexes and not just man and woman, is contrary to nature. Hence the phrase "The God of nature"  in the Declaration of Independence.

Men of power in whatever arena who push the liberal agenda, believe that they are right and are therefore proud of their achievements to that end regardless of the means used to get there.

The root cause of all man's confusion is centered around one simple truth. He has and continues to reject the authority and the sovereignty of God. Man's incurable rebellion against the will of God is why this world will end. And why all men must face God at the judgment, which outside of Christ's saving grace, is looming for us all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • Patriot1
There was a time that I feel like we had men who ran this country, revered men who seen public service as a duty to their country and not a way to pad their pockets… Slowly but surely the foundation of morals and integrity on which this country was built have been chipped away and discarded like old clothes until all we have left is a bunch of gutless hand wringers running our country…. Our biggest mistake of all is electing lawyers to go to our capital, make our laws, and manage our money….
I agree.

The love of money....................
Americans have the government that they deserve. Sure, they have increasingly less trust in their government but it is our own collective fault. Even when good, principled men and women manage to get elected to public office, substantial money is required to win elections and the cost of a winning campaign soars, relative to the power of the office to root out corruption and make meaningful improvements to government.

Besides money, the constantly declining quality of American public schools is another factor in the declining quality of elections, elected representatives, and the people that they appoint to bureaucratic positions. How can we expect illiterate and semi-literate majorities to elect the best and brightest among us to public office? No amount of money spent on a campaign should make most of the people in Congress electable, yet here we are.