•  Previous
  • 13(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Pirates 2008
thecoacher Wrote:"Have you heard of Garnis Martin from Bardstown? One of the greatest coaches of Kentucky history. He DID NOT put his kids in the weight room. He rather them be 3 sport players." Quote from NIECE

Why can't they play multiple sports and weight train? A lot of schools have in-school weightlifting so kids can lift year round while they play multiple sports.

Because, way too often, they show up for baseball games/practices with weak legs and tight, sore arms.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:How many times do I have to say it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you are not.
You are a bitter person! We are working on something to make the Harlan game happen. Looks like we will be playing them and still be eligible for the playoffs. Why so much hatetred for Powell Co. If were so bad, why waste your time worrying about us? Let it go man. Did you get cut from your little league team? Let it go!!!Rolleyes
blitz43 Wrote:You are a bitter person! We are working on something to make the Harlan game happen. Looks like we will be playing them and still be eligible for the playoffs. Why so much hatetred for Powell Co. If were so bad, why waste your time worrying about us? Let it go man. Did you get cut from your little league team? Let it go!!!Rolleyes

All I'm doing is stating the truth.That's it.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:All I'm doing is stating the truth.That's it.

I know somebody inside the progrem, they told me that havent heard anything from Powell Co. yet.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Umm, just to let you know, there are 10 games in a season. How could Powell be possibly be 2-7?

Some people don't have 10 games in a season, Harlan County. Why is that?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Some people don't have 10 games in a season, Harlan County. Why is that?

Because Powell Co. dropped them.
I wish Powell Co a successful season. I hope that when we play we win of course, but I hope they have a great season. I don't have any idea of the source of all the controversy regarding the Harlan Co. Vs. Powell Co. game, but it certainly didn't stem from their players. Good luck to the players from Powell Co.!

It's along drive from Harlan Co. I am sure of two things for this game: Powell will not lay down this game and Coach Larkey will have his team ready.

Oct. 10th
with the season coming closer i have not heard from the players in a while, but unless they have improved a lot powell will be a doorstep, they have been when i played, possibly the best coach powell have ever had bruce jones couldnt do any better than 4-6, i believe there were a couple of 5-5 seasons but unless the talent, support,attitudes, and egos have improved powell will be at most 3-7, 3-6 if they dropped a game. but imo 3-6 is not a complete season, unless you play a full season, it shouldnt count. but i hope that powell does well, i will check time to time and i do not see them with any amazing record, major upsets, even though powell is due one, and a big one. they may pull one out of there you know whats, best of luck the season is short, make the best of it.
mandan Wrote:Because, way too often, they show up for baseball games/practices with weak legs and tight, sore arms.

You have to be a baseball or basketball coach. I know for 100 percent fact that when Chris Lofton was at Mason County that he participated in their BFS program on days of practice and even on games. Kids who work out daily can recover much faster than adults. If they lift around 2:00, then they would be recovered by the time a game or practice rolls around anyway.

Another thing I hate hearing is how it messes up the Jump shot. Sometimes I wonder if people think those guys in the NBA just are born with those big arms and shoulders.
Good Luck to Powell this season. Will Powell play Harlan or Walton Verona?
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)