Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lakers/Nuggets (Western Conference Finals)
Thoughts on the series. So surprised in Game 1 when Denver's shot clocks went the way of San Antonio's air conditioning a few years ago. I have a hard time believing that professional venues actually have these types of problems, especially in such important games. 

Game 2 is pretty even so far, tied at 13 early in the first quarter.
(05-18-2023, 09:53 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Thoughts on the series. So surprised in Game 1 when Denver's shot clocks went the way of San Antonio's air conditioning a few years ago. I have a hard time believing that professional venues actually have these types of problems, especially in such important games. 

Game 2 is pretty even so far, tied at 13 early in the first quarter.
The Lakers led by 3 going into the 4th quarter and then Jamal Murray caught fire after struggling for three quarters and ended the game with 37. Jocic had another triple-double, with 23 points, 17 rebounds, and 12 assists. I don't think that Denver will sweep the series but I don't think that the Lakers have much of a shot at coming back to win the series. The Nuggets are very tough to beat in Denver and they still have the home-court advantage if the series goes 7 games.

On a side note, I thought that Lebron James probably cost the Lakers the game tonight. He blew a dunk attempt because he was boing for a fancy reverse dunk and fumbled the ball out of bounds, he missed several layups, and he was 0 for 6 from behind the 3-point line.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Cactus Jack
#Lebum looked like his true self last night.  If Denver gets just 1 in LA this series is over.  There is no way the Lakers win 3 in a row against this team.  I wonder what #Lebums excuse will be this time.
Jamal Murray scored 30 in the first half and Jocic scored 15 in the fourth quarter to lead Denver to a 119-108 road win over the Lakers. I will be surprised if the Nuggets don't complete the sweep tomorrow night. Jocic was in foul trouble last night and sat out most of the third quarter and the Lakers could not take advantage because of how well Denver's bench played. The two best players in the series so far have been Murray and Jocic. Labron James and Anthony Davis have played pretty well but not nearly well enough to believe that they have any chance of bouncing back from a three-game deficit to win the series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(05-21-2023, 01:12 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Jamal Murray scored 30 in the first half and Jocic scored 15 in the fourth quarter to lead Denver to a 119-108 road win over the Lakers. I will be surprised if the Nuggets don't complete the sweep tomorrow night. Jocic was in foul trouble last night and sat out most of the third quarter and the Lakers could not take advantage because of how well Denver's bench played. The two best players in the series so far have been Murray and Jocic. Labron James and Anthony Davis have played pretty well but not nearly well enough to believe that they have any chance of bouncing back from a three-game deficit to win the series.

LeBron got off early in Game 4 and will get some hate regardless of what he does and Davis had some good games and huge defensive moments throughout, but this one was all Nuggets.

Had just posted about Murray in another thread before I'd read this one. Definitely getting love but I still see him as very underrated-- wouldn't necessarily want him surrounded with four replacement level players in Portland or New Orleans if I'm trying to go to the playoffs, but he might be the perfect pairing with Jokic.

Watching this series made me realize how many offensive fouls Jokic seems to get away with at times-- there aren't many players who get to dip their shoulder and displace a post defender over and over like he's able to.

Will be an interesting series with Miami-- won't even entertain Boston being in the discussion for a few days after the way they looked in Game 3 and expect that series to wrap up in no less than 5. Will be interesting to see if Miami puts Adebayo on Jokic (whether straight up or on switches... as I anticipate that they'll do a lot of each in spurts) and whether he's able to bull him around.