9-15  Frederick Douglass
9-22  at Hazard
9-29  Johnson Central
10-6  at Letcher Central
10-13  Whitley County
10-20 Perry County Central
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Bull got out!
Nice schedule! Johnson Central game is at Corbin. I like it!
There won't be a 3rd round game this year with JC, because whoever loses that game will have a date with Boyle County the 3rd Round.
Very tough schedule, I can see 6-4 or 5-5
That is an extremely tough schedule, the Hounds will be ready come playoff time.
Fabulous
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-05-2023, 09:13 AM)jamesdeane Wrote: 8-18  Hughes Ohio Pigskin Classic at the Cumberlands
8-25  North Hardin at Garrard County
9-1  at Lexington Catholic
9-8 at Pulaski County
9-15  Frederick Douglass
9-22  at Hazard
9-29  Johnson Central
10-6  at Letcher Central
10-13  Whitley County
Hughes, Ohio…….Not sure W/L
North Hardin……..W…Should win big
Lexington Catholic ….W… Close game
Pulaski County ….W..Win easy
Fredrick Douglass.L….Big boy football 
Hazard…………………W.. 1A
Johnson Central…..W….High scoring game
Letcher Central…..W..Easy win
Whitley County…..W…Easy win
Perry County………W…Easy win

9-1 or 8-2
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Rebel55
9-1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-05-2023, 11:19 AM)64SUR Wrote:
(04-05-2023, 09:13 AM)jamesdeane Wrote: 8-18  Hughes Ohio Pigskin Classic at the Cumberlands
9-8 at Pulaski County
9-15  Frederick Douglass
9-22  at Hazard
9-29  Johnson Central
10-6  at Letcher Central
10-13  Whitley County
Hazard…………………W.. 1A

9-1 or 8-2

Corbin will be at Hughes by a running clock. It's a metro Cincinnati school. They will have athletes but looking at their schedule they were average at best.
(04-05-2023, 10:08 AM)FallRock Wrote: Very tough schedule, I can see 6-4 or 5-5
Then you need to see your eye doctor .
(04-05-2023, 11:19 AM)64SUR Wrote:
9-8 at Pulaski County
9-15  Frederick Douglass
9-22  at Hazard
9-29  Johnson Central
10-6  at Letcher Central
10-13  Whitley County
Hazard…………………W.. 1A

9-1 or 8-2
I'm thinking the same.  My guess is 9-1 and 8-2 at worst.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
(04-05-2023, 02:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Unbisased opinion can see clearly. Will be underdog to Lex Cath, FD, and Johnson Cent.
I’ll take the under dog to beat Lexington Catholic and Johnson Central by 2 tds in each game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound, Rebel55
(04-05-2023, 05:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’ll take the under dog to beat Lexington Catholic and Johnson Central by 2 tds in each game.
Corbin must be expecting a strong group of incoming transfers. I do expect Corbin to beat Lexington Catholic pretty easily but I think JC would hammer the Knights if they played this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Cafe Mocha
(04-05-2023, 05:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(04-05-2023, 05:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’ll take the under dog to beat Lexington Catholic and Johnson Central by 2 tds in each game.
Corbin must be expecting a strong group of incoming transfers. I do expect Corbin to beat Lexington Catholic pretty easily but I think JC would hammer the Knights if they played this season.
 Smile Its going to be a fun year.
A lot of teams are going to hammer Lexington Catholic this season. The outgoing coach did them disservice by scheduling excellent teams like Boyle Co, Highlands, Corbin, Scott Co and cross town rival LCA. I’m looking at a 5-5 maybe 4-6 season for the Knights.
(04-05-2023, 08:34 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
A lot of teams are going to hammer Lexington Catholic this season. The outgoing coach did them disservice by scheduling excellent teams like Boyle Co, Highlands, Corbin, Scott Co and cross town rival LCA. I’m looking at a 5-5 maybe 4-6 season for the Knights.

I think Lexington Catholic will be fine. The move alone for that program to 3A is very favorable for that program to compete for a 3A title every year. That school produces quality talent and just need a top notch coach to take it over. You don't beat a team like Boyle County like they did last season and not be a pretty good team. Corbin and Johnson Central are coming off of two good seasons and don't have many pieces to replace for this offseason. I just think when the dust settles, that Corbin will be back playing Boyle for a title unless injuries causes some of the top teams to take a odd turn.
(04-06-2023, 08:20 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(04-05-2023, 08:34 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:

I think Lexington Catholic will be fine. The move alone for that program to 3A is very favorable for that program to compete for a 3A title every year. That school produces quality talent and just need a top notch coach to take it over. You don't beat a team like Boyle County like they did last season and not be a pretty good team. Corbin and Johnson Central are coming off of two good seasons and don't have many pieces to replace for this offseason. I just think when the dust settles, that Corbin will be back playing Boyle for a title unless injuries causes some of the top teams to take an odd turn.
I agree LC will will be just fine in their district and possibly deep into the playoffs with 3A doesn’t have many returning “stars studded” players, but 3A still have great programs ie. CAL, Lou Central, E-Town and Belfry, but LC’s non district is brutal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cafe Mocha's post:
  • Bull got out!
Lex Cath loses a lot of their offensive weapons from last year. Two best WR, TE, their RB, and not sure on OL.
(04-05-2023, 03:48 PM)FallRock Wrote:
(04-05-2023, 02:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Unbisased opinion can see clearly. Will be underdog to Lex Cath, FD, and Johnson Cent.
Will absolutely NOT be underdog to LexCath or JC!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
I know a lot of the Corbin guys on this forum really thought Coach Haddix was kinda of shown the door and encouraged to find another home and it seems that he was. Also the 2021 team had some issues and some of those seemed to be coaching related. But last years team was really really good and was only a play or two from it's first state title in 40 years. That was a very good team and I definitely see them making a very deep run again this coming season. I like the schedule and could see them 10-0 heading into the playoffs again. Douglas and JC will be battles but I believe both are win-able. If they lose one or both as long as it makes them better, that's all that matters.
Looks like Corbin's bye week is at the end of their regular season, 10-27. Also the week before the playoffs begin.
(04-08-2023, 03:01 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I know a lot of the Corbin guys on this forum really thought Coach Haddix was kinda of shown the door and encouraged to find another home and it seems that he was.  Also the 2021 team had some issues and some of those seemed to be coaching related.  But last years team was really really good and was only a play or two from its first state title in 40 years.  That was a very good team and I definitely see them making a very deep run again this coming season.  I like the schedule and could see them 10-0 heading into the playoffs again.  Douglas and JC will be battles but I believe both are win-able.  If they lose one or both as long as it makes them better, that's all that matters.

It wasn’t just that Coach Haddix was shown the door, IT WAS that a select few took it upon themselves to decide they wanted rid of him and done so in a very immoral and deceitful way….2021 didn’t just have some issues that where coaching related, the coaching staff and their family ripped the team apart.  The 2022 team won in spite of its coaches, certainly not because they put the team ahead of all the politics and nepotism they constantly engage in!! Question, if Corbin had the coach that most all Corbin wanted on our sideline instead of on the opposing sideline would the outcome have been the same?  Whether Corbin brings in transfers or not won’t be the problem,  there will not be any shortage of talent on the Corbin sideline for the next 3 years but things are slowly but surely changing and when the cupboard is dry, that’s when this group of jokers will leave the program in shambles….
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, Old School Hound
Didn’t Corbin struggle to beat Pulaski at Corbin last year, might have even been 14-0 late in the game and everyone knows that when you go play Corbin football at home your down 2 tds or more before you get off the bus, don’t see you blowing Pulaski out or actually even beating them and Fredrick Douglas will put a running clock on you
(04-08-2023, 10:08 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote: Didn’t Corbin struggle to beat Pulaski at Corbin last year, might have even been 14-0 late in the game and everyone knows that when you go play Corbin football at home your down 2 tds or more before you get off the bus, don’t see you blowing Pulaski out or actually even beating them and Fredrick Douglas will put a running clock on you

Your team can’t walk on the field with anyone from Pulaski Co without pissing their pants and your obsession with everything Corbin is unhealthy find another hobby…..
(04-08-2023, 11:22 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 10:08 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote: Didn’t Corbin struggle to beat Pulaski at Corbin last year, might have even been 14-0 late in the game and everyone knows that when you go play Corbin football at home your down 2 tds or more before you get off the bus, don’t see you blowing Pulaski out or actually even beating them and Fredrick Douglas will put a running clock on you

Your team can’t walk on the field with anyone from Pulaski Co without pissing their pants and your obsession with everything Corbin is unhealthy find another hobby…..

I don’t see anyone putting a running clock on Corbin. Despite some big loses in personnel, I think Corbin will reload and handle Pulaski a lot easier than they did last season. As for the FD game, I think FD is the undeniable favorite but this is the sort of game that prepares teams for championship runs. Kudos to Corbin for scheduling it, it will take battles like that to have a chance to win 4A this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Bull got out!
From watching Corbin in the state game against Boyle they didn't seem very deep. Sure, guys develop over a year and good players become better after a year. But the feel in the thread seems like the losses of Wells, Baker, Combs, Bolton, Brummett, Faulkner, Hammack, and Summers won't be too big.
(04-10-2023, 12:46 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: From watching Corbin in the state game against Boyle they didn't seem very deep. Sure, guys develop over a year and good players become better after a year. But the feel in the thread seems like the losses of Wells, Baker, Combs, Bolton, Brummett, Faulkner, Hammack, and Summers won't be too big.
You mention some players that had to fill big shoes from the 2021 team that graduated a ton of talent. Then some of these players got to rise up and shine for last season. No doubt they are big shoes to fill but players will rise up. Corbin has players itching to make a name for themselves. They will be fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
(04-10-2023, 02:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 12:46 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: From watching Corbin in the state game against Boyle they didn't seem very deep. Sure, guys develop over a year and good players become better after a year. But the feel in the thread seems like the losses of Wells, Baker, Combs, Bolton, Brummett, Faulkner, Hammack, and Summers won't be too big.
You mention some players that had to fill big shoes from the 2021 team that graduated a ton of talent. Then some of these players got to rise up and shine for last season. No doubt they are big shoes to fill but players will rise up. Corbin has players itching to make a name for themselves. They will be fine.

Who are the guys waiting in the shadows? Not trying to ruffle feathers, just creating conversation. Wells, Baker, Combs, Bolton, Hammack, and Faulkner had been guys that have made plays the last two seasons. It was obvious the 2022 team was going to be better because of the ego's that were lost from the 2021 team.
(04-10-2023, 03:06 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 02:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Who are the guys waiting in the shadows? Not trying to ruffle feathers, just creating conversation. Wells, Baker, Combs, Bolton, Hammack, and Faulkner had been guys that have made plays the last two seasons. It was obvious the 2022 team was going to be better because of the ego's that were lost from the 2021 team.

These kids wasn't the primary weapons in 2021 but rose up in 2022. My hats off to the team last season on a very nice accomplishment. Ego as you call it for the 2021 team is not fair to label the kids like that. The politcal bull crap ego is what crushed that team and nothing more.  Corbin brings back some key linebackers for 2023. Mike Neal is the man and he will have Evan Baker on his side.  The transfer Guy Bailey is a linebacker. Corbin also is good at plugging in lineman year after year. I think they have some of the best line coaches on both sides of the ball in the state. Corbin has a awesome crop of kids coming up the ranks every year. I honestly don't know all this group. But what I do know is they have Kid Elam at QB and thats the starting point for the team. He has a open playbook. After watching last years championship game and how Coach Elam did a heck of a job play calling and with Kid Elam that was a pass away from a wide open touchdown on there last offensive possesion. He will be chomping at the bits this year to get another chance. Enter Eli Petrowski another unheard of D1 talent that will become a prime target for Elam. If you can catch the ball, then you will get the ball and I will bet Corbin will develope other kids for this season.  You have Carter Stewart, Zander Curry and Hunter Newberry who needs no introduction. You have Guy Bailey a very talented transfer from Somerset who will fit in nicely. Big Franklin West on the line that will demand a double team on that side or your history.  There could be another transfer as the rumor mill has it. Either way, Corbin will be in the thick of it. I seen one of the best passing QBs I have watched in person in a while in Kid Elam and that offense will be hard to stop with him throwing the ball and let alone running. He can flat out run the ball as well. Corbins offense will be fine. Now like the Summers kid, that only comes around every now and again. He was a beast, but if you go back to last season, he wasn't in the games the entire time when I saw them. But definately a great player. Id like to have 11 like him. In 4A I don't see any team other than Boyle County or Johnson Central and I will give last years Franklin County team some love because they flat out played come playoff time and did a very good job. But 2023 will be the year of Kid Elam and I'm calling it now, he will have a logo like Mathews bows, stop him if you can.... Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers, Waitaminute