Oct 20 vs Bell County (D)
Oct 27 vs Hazard 

Thoughts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan
You got to be kidding with this schedule…….Clay County…….unbelievably
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(03-26-2023, 12:23 PM)64SUR Wrote: You got to be kidding with this schedule…….Clay County…….unbelievably
         Woah
This is ridiculous....Four 1A teams, which all are down from last year besides Hazard. A weak Harlan Co. and Leslie Co. plus a district that has changed a little. Dropping a class will help, but Bell isn't as weak as some may think without Woolum. Rockcastle and Knox will be tough games with McCreary being the only district win for sure. They could have a 7-3 regular season or maybe 6-4. Never know what kid will be where until August. See what happens in basketball coach hire roster and record changes could also change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes four quarters's post:
  • 64SUR
Seems like a good schedule. Who should they be playing?
Seems to be a step UP and in the right direction for Clay. I can see them anywhere from 6-4 to 8-2. Dropping to 3a should benefit nicely come playoff time.
Bump
I’ll agree with FallRock for once anywhere from 8-2 to 6-4 just depends on which teams show up and play. If Clay ever has a chance to make some steps in the right direction this is the year…
(06-21-2023, 07:05 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’ll agree with FallRock for once anywhere from 8-2 to 6-4 just depends on which teams show up and play.  If Clay ever has a chance to make some steps in the right direction this is the year…

I don't think anything is a given for Clay though. Williamsburg, Leslie, Rock, Harlan County, and Knox all have the potential to beat them and Bell and Hazard will be favorited heavily. Just being optimistic with my previous prediction. Have you seen Rock's schedule I would feel much better about that one.
(06-22-2023, 10:06 AM)FallRock Wrote:
(06-21-2023, 07:05 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’ll agree with FallRock for once anywhere from 8-2 to 6-4 just depends on which teams show up and play.  If Clay ever has a chance to make some steps in the right direction this is the year…

I don't think anything is a given for Clay though. Williamsburg, Leslie, Rock, Harlan County, and Knox all have the potential to beat them and Bell and Hazard will be favorited heavily. Just being optimistic with my previous prediction. Have you seen Rock's schedule I would feel much better about that one.
I’m hearing Clay County has lost three impact players to North Laurel already. Will Clay County be able to compete in District?

(04-04-2023, 02:01 PM)FallRock Wrote: Seems to be a step UP and in the right direction for Clay. I can see them anywhere from 6-4 to 8-2. Dropping to 3a should benefit nicely come playoff time.
4-6 and lose First round of playoffs
So who did Clay lose to North??
(07-13-2023, 01:34 PM)runthepill Wrote: So who did Clay lose to North??
I heard a couple huge lineman and a Fullback
(07-13-2023, 04:22 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

That’s been a year or nearly two ago since they played for Clay, so I don’t see that changing much for this years team.
Everyone complaining about Clay and Rock schedule however we all know RPI always favors wins over loses and yes it’s not a guanlet schedule but with a district as rough as Clay and rock play in those rpi wins will go along way. Beat those 1A teams and let those 1A teams win as they should and suddenly come playoffs Clay and rock might be in a great position if they can come out of their district as RPI will be high and give them the advantage moving forward. 3A is open on the East side and come out of that district and you may be hosting until 3rd or 4th round which would be huge for either of those two teams. Rock has a nice team this year and will be a hard out for anyone and may end up being the team to beat in the district as they have added several nice pieces to a good team.
(07-13-2023, 11:04 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Everyone complaining about Clay and Rock schedule however we all know RPI always favors wins over loses and yes it’s not a guanlet schedule but with a district as rough as Clay and rock play in those rpi wins will go along way. Beat those 1A teams and let those 1A teams win as they should and suddenly come playoffs Clay and rock might be in a great position if they can come out of their district as RPI will be high and give them the advantage moving forward. 3A is open on the East side and come out of that district and you may be hosting until 3rd or 4th round which would be huge for either of those two teams. Rock has a nice team this year and will be a hard out for anyone and may end up being the team to beat in the district as they have added several nice pieces to a good team.
Did those additional pieces you mentioned get eligible yet? I’ll wait…
(07-14-2023, 01:30 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 11:04 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Everyone complaining about Clay and Rock schedule however we all know RPI always favors wins over loses and yes it’s not a guanlet schedule but with a district as rough as Clay and rock play in those rpi wins will go along way. Beat those 1A teams and let those 1A teams win as they should and suddenly come playoffs Clay and rock might be in a great position if they can come out of their district as RPI will be high and give them the advantage moving forward. 3A is open on the East side and come out of that district and you may be hosting until 3rd or 4th round which would be huge for either of those two teams. Rock has a nice team this year and will be a hard out for anyone and may end up being the team to beat in the district as they have added several nice pieces to a good team.
Going just fine qb looked great on 7 on 7 I mean his dad is offense coordinator

are you salty much or just a troll?
(07-14-2023, 11:00 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
Going just fine qb looked great on 7 on 7 I mean his dad is offense coordinator

are you salty much or just a troll?

We are all trolls.   Smile I do like salt. So did Johnson get elgible ? If so, Clay County better make a note to play call opposite of Austin Johnson. He will take the lead out of your pencils.
(07-13-2023, 04:37 PM)Hogsnot Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 04:22 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

That’s been a year or nearly two ago since they played for Clay, so I don’t see that changing much for this years team.

Fultz kid who was expected to be a big Defensive athlete for Clay hopped over to North Laurel this season. Clay is looking to outscore its opponents this season anyways with that arm of Rice. I like this kid and hope he has the best year yet. He is one of the best natural passers I have seen and a dandy runner as well.  Smile
Can’t win if you don’t out score the other team. Seems to be a plausible strategy. Needs some guys to step up losing saylor and wolfe to graduation will be big shoes to fill.
Clay vs Whitley. I like it. I watched Whitley last season give North all they wanted for the first Half. Then they seemed to run out of gas. They seemed to pass to the edges down field and was successful. I know Clay is going to have a high potent offense this year, hows the defense looking?
I like seeing Rock and clay back in the same district. Takes me back to my school days. Good luck to the tigers. Hope you guys stay healthy and have a solid season
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Any updates on the Clay and Whitley scrimmage?
I’m hearing that game was canceled. Someone mentioned to me that a game with Harrison County now.
Harrison County 6:00 scrimmage tonight.
(08-04-2023, 07:57 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’m hearing that game was canceled. Someone mentioned to me that a game with Harrison County now.

Did the Tigers git skeered? lol. just kidding Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!