5. Belfry
Sleeper: Betsy layne
(03-15-2023, 06:29 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: 1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Martin county
4. Johnson central
5. Belfry
Pretty spot on. I personally don't think Belfry will have everyone back they had this year. I could be wrong though.
Lawarence will be 2nd or 3rd with the II coming.
(03-15-2023, 09:08 PM)Sports72 Wrote: Lawarence will be 2nd or 3rd with the II coming.
So the rumors of 1 player from Painstville and 1 player from Martin Co. coming to Lawrence County for next season is true? I’ve heard rumors but didn’t know how substantial those rumors were.
True

Let the transfers begin

Let the transfers begin
Is Preece heading back to LC next season? Maybe Marcum from Martin Co as well?
(03-21-2023, 09:11 AM)Creeker Wrote: Is Preece heading back to LC next season?  Maybe Marcum from Martin Co as well?
I won’t mention names because as of now what I’m hearing is just rumors. If I hear something more substantial I’ll go into more detail. But I’ll say the people I’m hearing the rumors from are pretty close to the players who are supposedly looking to transfer to Lawrence County. 

But going off the names you mentioned, Preece is one that makes sense. I mean she lives in Lawrence County about 1 mile from the High School. Marcum also makes sense. She also lives in Lawrence County (but has always went to Martin Co schools I believe) and her brother has attended LC for 3 years now. It’ll be interesting that’s for sure.
Both would be great additions to Lawrence. Preece makes sense but Marcum has always went to Martin County schools. Why leave now?
(03-22-2023, 09:08 PM)devils88 Wrote: Both would be great additions to Lawrence. Preece makes sense but Marcum has always went to Martin County schools. Why leave now?
I can see Preece going if Feltner steps down. But not sure why with what Paintsville has coming back. Marcum use to go to WV schools prior to high school.
Where’s the Transfer police when you need them.
King Commodore your service is requested.
Oh wait, it’s not Pikeville…..nevermind.
(03-23-2023, 08:11 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 09:08 PM)devils88 Wrote: Both would be great additions to Lawrence. Preece makes sense but Marcum has always went to Martin County schools. Why leave now?
I can see Preece going if Feltner steps down. But not sure why with what Paintsville has coming back. Marcum use to go to WV schools prior to high school.
Marcum went to Inez Elementary and Warfield Middle School prior to High School. Both are in Martin County Ky, not WV lol. 

I agree on Preece. I was told she left Lawrence County because of Feltner and her playing time. Now that’s just hearsay from people around the Lawrence Co program but Maybe she thinks she’ll get the minutes she wants at LC if she comes back next year? LC would be more convenient for her being that she lives around a mile away from the high school.
^ I don't imagine it was playing time since she left after her 7th grade year lol

I'd imagine it's just the typical yearly rumors, can't see Preece going anywhere with it being her senior year.
(03-24-2023, 02:51 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
Marcum went to Inez Elementary and Warfield Middle School prior to High School. Both are in Martin County Ky, not WV lol. 

I agree on Preece. I was told she left Lawrence County because of Feltner and her playing time. Now that’s just hearsay from people around the Lawrence Co program but Maybe she thinks she’ll get the minutes she wants at LC if she comes back next year? LC would be more convenient for her being that she lives around a mile away from the high school.

Wrong, Katie Marcum played middle school ball at Kermit which is in WV lol
(03-24-2023, 10:07 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 02:51 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:

Wrong, Katie Marcum played middle school ball at Kermit which is in WV lol
Were both right and wrong. We’re talking about different Marcum’s from Martin County.

(03-24-2023, 09:10 AM)Creeker Wrote: ^ I don't imagine it was playing time since she left after her 7th grade year lol

I'd imagine it's just the typical yearly rumors, can't see Preece going anywhere with it being her senior year.
As I said, what I was told is straight from people very close to the program. Do I know it to be 100% fact, no. But I’d believe these people over almost anyone because they would know. There’s more to it than that (parent involvement) so I would say playing time the next year had something to do with it but not the overall deciding factor. 

But I agree I can’t see Preece doing back to LC. To much bad blood there between everyone involved.
^ I can see Marcum at LC because her brother attends there and I can also say with 100% certainty that Preece will be at Paintsville next season.
Did I just see on WPRG that Floyd Central is open?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Spud6
(03-28-2023, 03:31 PM)RTruth Wrote: Did I just see on WPRG that Floyd Central is open?
Floyd central high posted that the job is open
(03-24-2023, 05:01 PM)Creeker Wrote: ^ I can see Marcum at LC because her brother attends there and I can also say with 100% certainty that Preece will be at Paintsville next season.

The only way preece leaves Paintsville is if her dad is named head coach at Lawrence County. I am hearing that LC is getting two girls from Martin County an both played Varsity this season.
The marcum there talking about has always been in Martin Co schools
(03-15-2023, 06:29 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: 1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Martin county
4. Johnson central
5. Belfry
Belfry just lost possibly best returning player to Johnson Central.
A lot of people are happy that she is gone if it’s who everyone thinks it is. If the family can’t handle Deskins good luck with Hicks. Lol They will be back just like in the past.
(05-31-2023, 11:05 PM)throw deep Wrote: A lot of people are happy that she is gone if it’s who everyone thinks it is. If the family can’t handle Deskins good luck with Hicks. Lol They will be back just like in the past.
Only person that is happy is Deskins. Time for Deskins to go he has single handedly destroyed the program.
(06-01-2023, 09:08 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
(05-31-2023, 11:05 PM)throw deep Wrote: A lot of people are happy that she is gone if it’s who everyone thinks it is. If the family can’t handle Deskins good luck with Hicks. Lol They will be back just like in the past.
Only person that is happy is Deskins. Time for Deskins to go he has single handedly destroyed the program.
He is staying but hearing couple more of middle school players heading elsewhere.
(06-01-2023, 10:38 AM)Truewords Wrote:
He is staying but hearing couple more of middle school players heading elsewhere.
Yep, there will be 1 maybe 2 more leave. Until administration steps in they will continue to lose kids. Sad they have let it go this long.
(06-01-2023, 10:59 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
Yep, there will be 1 maybe 2 more leave. Until administration steps in they will continue to lose kids. Sad they have let it go this long.
What’s the issue with Deskins players leaving? Don’t know him personally so can’t make an opinion on something I don’t know.
(06-01-2023, 05:16 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(06-01-2023, 10:59 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
What’s the issue with Deskins players leaving? Don’t know him personally so can’t make an opinion on something I don’t know.
No player can leave with out parents removing them. Parents think theirs is next big thing. Most find out grass may not be greener. One left there went to Pikeville then left to Mingo County. Now hearing trying to come back to Pikeville. Can’t blame all on Deskins.
(05-31-2023, 11:05 PM)throw deep Wrote: A lot of people are happy that she is gone if it’s who everyone thinks it is. If the family can’t handle Deskins good luck with Hicks. Lol They will be back just like in the past.

You all a losing way too many kids for anyone to be happy.

Long, hard look in the mirror might solve you and your schools problems.

Or are you happy with football only having success.

Let me clear my last post up.

I think Deskins is a solid coach in the 15th.

Orem is the best, followed by Newsome at Martin.

After that is Trimble, Deskins, and probably Feltner. I do not think Hicks is very good and Spears time has passed.
(06-01-2023, 08:22 PM)RTruth Wrote:

After that is Trimble, Deskins, and probably Feltner. I do not think Hicks is very good and Spears time has passed.
Every bit of it is on Deskins. He was making it very well known he wasn’t letting any middle school girls come up and play high school ball this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Realtalk101's post:
  • steelerboy
(06-01-2023, 09:44 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
If that’s true then why was they starting 2 7th graders on varsity last season?

Every bit of it is on Deskins. He was making it very well known he wasn’t letting any middle school girls come up and play high school ball this year.
(06-01-2023, 10:09 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(06-01-2023, 09:44 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
If that’s true then why was they starting 2 7th graders on varsity last season?

D&D just reported Sparks Girl returning to Belfry for senior season