Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Calipari Responds to Hoot Gibson, Jetpilot, & Cherokee
Very insightful interview of Calipari. I've said on here many times why guys like Hoot & Jet disparage the HOF coach. It's really not a wins and losses thing. Cal's won an average of almost 28 games a season at UK. Throw out the weird Covid season and it's better than 29 wins a season.  No, ladies and gentleman, it's not 29 wins a season that gives these basketball flunkies a severe case of the red ass. And it's not really that he makes 25K per day as coach of Big Blue. It really isn't .  It's what I have been saying all along.

If you don't believe me listen to the HOF'er in his own words tell you why guys like Hoot and Jet, and Cherokee("I'll only kneel for Trump") hate on him perpetually. 

At about  37 : 35  of the video Cal begins to directly address haters like the above three. He is very specific as to why they hate him. It has nothing to do with just one national title or his 9 million+ /yr. salary. Nothing at all. But it has everything to do with what I have said. Listen to he coach in his own words:

37:35 -  39:30  is Calipari getting down to brass tacks in discussing his haters. Guess what, guys, he doesn't care how you feel about him. In fact, he says he sleeps very well at night.

Dumbest post yet.
45,456 views Mar 9, 2016
John Calipari on how he balances star-studded teams and his duty to help each player fulfill his potential

Yep a 7 year old interview, is that how far you have to go back just to show his arrogance. After the knee he was kicked out of the breakfast club. This interview was a prelude to polishing his image and as of today he is still needing a image adjustment. Cal is pretty much on the ropes and the basketball nation knows it even the home media recognizes it with articles, SEC network, ESPN etc. all know how bad he has under achieved (now we know why he had a short NBA coaching career got fired in the middle of the season). Boy I wish they would do that interview today. OLD SCHOOL HOUND LOVES CAL FOREVER, OSH + CAL LOVE AND FANTASIES man get a room and invite him over your like for him is beyond basketball its time to come out your wife will understand its just a man crush.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cherokee's post:
  • jetpilot
This just in from Chatbot GPT:

Quote:LEXINGTON, KY - In a stunning turn of events, Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari announced his resignation from the University of Kentucky basketball team, citing the criticisms of three members of an online sports forum called Bluegrass Preps (BGP).
In a tearful press conference, Calipari acknowledged that BGP members Hoot Gibson, jetpilot, and Cherokee were right about him all along, and he could no longer in good conscience continue to coach the Kentucky Wildcats.
"I have let my supporters down, and for that, I am truly sorry," said Calipari. "I want to thank Hoot Gibson, jetpilot, and Cherokee for their unwavering criticism and for opening my eyes to my faults. Without their input, I may have continued to coach at Kentucky without realizing the error of my ways."
Calipari also took a moment to acknowledge his most vocal BGP supporter, Old School Hound, who he thanked for his shameless attempts to defend the coach. "Old School Hound, you have been my rock throughout this entire ordeal, and for that, I will be forever grateful," Calipari said.
The University of Kentucky Athletic Department released a statement acknowledging Calipari's resignation and thanking him for his contributions to the program. "We respect Coach Calipari's decision and wish him all the best in his future endeavors," the statement read.
As for who will replace Calipari as head coach of the Kentucky Wildcats, the University has yet to announce a successor. However, sources say that BGP members Hoot Gibson, jetpilot, and Cherokee have already started a grassroots campaign to become the new coach, citing their extensive knowledge of basketball and their ability to criticize coaches from the comfort of their own keyboards.
While the future of the Kentucky basketball program remains uncertain, one thing is for sure - BGP members Hoot Gibson, jetpilot, and Cherokee will be watching from the sidelines, ready to offer their expert analysis and criticism to whoever takes the helm.

NOTE: I used AI to generate the above satirical article and did not edit what the AI generated. It took a few posts to convince the AI that the article would be for entertainment purposes and that nobody would mistake it's current for facts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Jarons
So, based on that interview Cal thinks the only people who are critical of him are conservatives.
That is some really good deflecting and denial. Just like the last couple of years, when he gets on the fans because he spins the criticisms around to make it like the fans are upset with the players and blaming the kids!!

He is smoooooth!!

NOTE: I  used Hoot Gibson's recent, bizarre pattern of  posts on BGR referencing drag queens to have AI create  a satirical article. Instead, to my surprise, AI generated the above image, which I didn't edit.
(04-01-2023, 12:45 PM)cherokee Wrote: 45,456 views  Mar 9, 2016
John Calipari on how he balances star-studded teams and his duty to help each player fulfill his potential

Yep a 7 year old interview, is that how far you have to go back just to show his arrogance. After the knee he was kicked out of the breakfast club. This interview was a prelude to polishing his image and as of today he is still needing a image adjustment. Cal is pretty much on the ropes and the basketball nation knows it even the home media recognizes it with articles, SEC network, ESPN etc. all know how bad he has under achieved (now we know why he had a short NBA coaching career got fired in the middle of the season). Boy I wish they would do that interview today. OLD SCHOOL HOUND LOVES CAL FOREVER, OSH + CAL LOVE AND FANTASIES man get a room and invite him over your like for him is beyond basketball its time to come out your wife will understand its just a man crush.

I've had you pegged ever since you posted this on 3/18 of last year:

"Cal lost a lot of respect from UK fans and I for one will not be cheering for them until every knee that bowed in Florida is gone. What kind of coach makes that statement on an opponents floor, why didn’t they kneel in Rupp. "

It's all politics for you. It's all about the silliness of kneeling during that very bad song that most people don't even know the words to. You admitted that you don't even root for Big Blue.  If you and your MAGA hero knew the words to the entire song, both of you would stand `fully "erect" to the third stanza:

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

Try rooting for the guys minus politics.

(04-02-2023, 12:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 12:45 PM)cherokee Wrote: 45,456 views  Mar 9, 2016

I've had you pegged ever since you posted this on 3/18 of last year:

"Cal lost a lot of respect from UK fans and I for one will not be cheering for them until every knee that bowed in Florida is gone. What kind of coach makes that statement on an opponents floor, why didn’t they kneel in Rupp. "

It's all politics for you. It's all about the silliness of kneeling during that very bad song that most people don't even know the words to. You admitted that you don't even root for Big Blue.  If you and your MAGA hero knew the words to the entire song, both of you would  stand `fully "erect" to the third stanza:

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

Try rooting for the guys  minus politics.

Dance, OSH, dance. Your avoidance of the truth reminds me of watching Muhammed Ali dodging the lethal punches of Joe Frazier, except you are slow and clumsy and have a bad habit of leading with your chin. You know that inviting drag queens to read to first graders is morally reprehensible but you just can't bring yourself to admit that simple truth. 

You are dishonestly accusing me of being all about politics, when in fact you are the one who constantly supports the injection of politics into sports. Calipari was wrong too have led his team in taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem. He knows it was wrong, which is why he has not repeated his mistake.

We get it. You support liberals, right or wrong. Just man up and admit it. Somebody has too occupy the moral low ground and your standing knee deep in the mud.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • cherokee, jetpilot
Good observation HOOT why have they quit kneeling, boy Cal got played like a fiddle even opened up his check book to help buy those communist mansions in California. Come on Cal give us a knee in RUPP PLEASE!
[-] The following 2 users Like cherokee's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, jetpilot
Idiots as dumb as they are figured out taking a knee would cost them $$$, they will always bend the knee to the next thing they are told to. Dumbest people on the planet saying whatever they are told to, for the $$$
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(04-03-2023, 01:08 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Idiots as dumb as they are figured out taking a knee would cost them $$$, they will always bend the knee to the next thing they are told to. Dumbest people on the planet saying whatever they are told to, for the $$$
Even dumber are the people who say whatever the woke left tell them to say for free.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot