Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does America Need a National Divorce or Just "Marriage Counseling" ???
Marjorie Traitor Greene recently indicated that she would favor a "national divorce," dividing America by red states and blue states(would her state be red or blue?). The controversial lawmaker said it was time to divide the country along political lines, arguing that the differences between Republican and Democratic-leaning states have become irreconcilable. Btw, crazy Margie is fresh off her own divorce. Can you imagine how wonderful her ex must feel now after spending 27 years with that loon?

Margie, who was re-elected to the House last November, doubled and tripled down on her divorce tweet, adding, “We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government. Everyone I talk to says this." “From the sick and disgusting woke culture issues shoved down our throats to the Democrat’s traitorous America Last policies, we are done."

After coming under fire for her tweets, which some interpreted as a call for civil war, the crazed woman tweeted, "People are absolutely fed up and disgusted with left wing insanity and disaster America Last policies. National divorce is not civil war, but Biden and the neocons are leading us into WW3, while forcing corporate ESG and gender confusion on our kids. Enough!”

Utah's Republican governor, Spencer Cox, took exception to Margie's verbiage, calling her words "evil" and suggestng that the U.S. could do with some marriage counseling, instead. In response to Greene, Cox tweeted, “This rhetoric is destructive and wrong and — honestly — evil. We don’t need a divorce, we need marriage counseling. And we need elected leaders that don’t profit by tearing us apart. We can disagree without hate. Healthy conflict was critical to our nation’s founding and survival.”

So who's side do you come down on? Is Marge right? Does the right and left need a divorce? Or do we just need some counseling like Cox suggested? Do you thing Crazy Marge speaks for a lot of people or is it just those damned voices in her head that she's listening to again?

About Margie's divorce tweets, NY Times Columnist , David French said , “The dangerous thing about this tweet is not that an individual member of Congress is this radical (there are always at least a few crank members of Congress), it’s that she speaks for a very real part of the right. I hear the same sentiment all the time."

What I would like to know is this. If America gets a national divorce like Margie is calling for, who gets control of the million plus strong military and the thousands of nuclear warheads? I want to be on the side with the nukes and , preferably, that's  the side opposite the kooks.
Stay out of Democrat run third world sh!tholes and stay away from liberals in general and you should be fine. Don't get the liberal mind virus or you might end up with "bain dramage" and post insane crap like the above.

Tell me OHS, how am I going to get nuked in Pikeville and you not get a scratch in Corbin? LOL. Also you are a fool to think the military sides with liberals. All the ones not wearing a dress and high heels and have a rainbow pin and BLM pin on will side with conservatives.
My biggest problem with a national divorce is the prospect of the loss of all ports on the Pacific coast except for Alaska. I think that we could count on liberals being opposed to having any nuclear warheads on their soil, so the red States of America would probably be stronger militarily without the blue states. 

We could easily take Portland and Seattle in the event of a major war. Antifa has already proven that those two cities are unwilling to defend their own territory.
(02-25-2023, 08:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: My biggest problem with a national divorce is the prospect of the loss of all ports on the Pacific coast except for Alaska. I think that we could count on liberals being opposed to having any nuclear warheads on their soil, so the red States of America would probably be stronger militarily without the blue states. 

We could easily take Portland and Seattle in the event of a major war. Antifa has already proven that those two cities are unwilling to defend their own territory.

South can build better ports along Atlantic coast and in Gulf of Mexico and take a huge amount of business from left coast ports.
Good point about Seattle and Portland. South could conquer NYC, Chicago and other cities where only small gangs have guns but who would want those places? 

Libs think a very small group of mostly old people with no guns taking selfies in the capital rotunda almost overthrew the government on 1/6. How quick will they wilt when someone actually shows up with a gun?

I'm not for national divorce. I'm just for national separation which we already have. Stay away from liberals and you will have a great life.
^^ As is evidenced by the woke-ism which drives corporate policy these days via the new guard of youthful and indoctrinated CEO's , ie FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc., my worry is for the students people upon whom the left have had so much negative influence. Ala the lie of evolution, your thread starter is yet another elaborate, convoluted and complex scaffolding of groundless conclusions based on false premise. Here's the side I come down on OSH.

Our founding though far from perfect, was laid upon perfect ideology. That being the perfect God-given Christian moral code of ethics upon which our system of law and government once rested. Your side has done their best to debase, defraud, deny and redefine America's true heritage. And even more incredibly, the sovereignty of God and the validity of His Word. Therefore what we now have is the work product of those like you who presume to set yourselves up as authorities in such matters.

And yet for those who reject the Bible there is yet another record for us to compare the past and the present. You can BTW, find much of it in the Library of Congress. It's called history, or something which seemingly is a dwindling resource for most, memory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-26-2023, 04:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 08:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: My biggest problem with a national divorce is the prospect of the loss of all ports on the Pacific coast except for Alaska. I think that we could count on liberals being opposed to having any nuclear warheads on their soil, so the red States of America would probably be stronger militarily without the blue states. 

South can build better ports along Atlantic coast and in Gulf of Mexico and take a huge amount of business from left coast ports.
Good point about Seattle and Portland. South could conquer NYC, Chicago and other cities where only small gangs have guns but who would want those places? 

Libs think a very small group of mostly old people with no guns taking selfies in the capital rotunda almost overthrew the government on 1/6. How quick will they wilt when someone actually shows up with a gun?

I'm not for national divorce. I'm just for national separation which we already have. Stay away from liberals and you will have a great life.
I'm not in favor of a national divorce either...yet. If it ever comes down to a divorce, then the lines should be drawn on a county basis. Their are a lot of strong conservatives in California, New York, and other blue states and it would be cruel to place them under the rule of the jack-booted thugs that would be running the blue States of America. Building a an effective border wall would be expensive but it would be the only way to ensure keeping our side of the border free and secure.
(02-26-2023, 04:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

"Segregation now, segregation tomorrow and segregation forever.

Jet, do you agree with Marge that the differences between Left and Right are "irreconcileable"  or do you agree with the Utah governor that such verbiage is vile and evil and that those on the left and right need to learn how to talk to each other in a civil manner again? Do you think liberals and conservatives hate one another so much that talking is out of the question. Separation is the only answer?   I'd like to hear granny bear's thought on this , as well. Is reconciliation still possible between Left and Right or we just need to divide the country into red and blue regions like Margie wants to do. I personally think Marge speaks for a lot of people on the Right. I think their hatred of liberals is so acute that they would kill liberals if they thought they could get away with it.
I won't make another thread about liberals right now but I will ask the question again, Why do you think far-right conservatives hate liberals so much? Why so much personal animus towards liberals? What is it about a liberal that just grinds your gears? Be specific , please. Where I live, if I put Joe Biden or AOC signs in my yard, my property would be vandalized and my pets would be harmed. Why do you think the far-right has such hate for liberals that they want to see them cry, or worse? Just something I have always been curious about and never really received a genuine answer to.
(02-26-2023, 05:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I won't make another thread about liberals right now but I will ask the question again, Why do you think far-right conservatives hate liberals so much? Why so much personal animus towards liberals? What is it about a liberal that just grinds your gears? Be specific , please. Where I live, if I put Joe Biden or  AOC signs in my yard, my property would be vandalized and my pets would be harmed. Why do you think the far-right has such hate for liberals that they want to see them cry, or worse? Just something I have always been curious about and never really received a genuine answer to.
All it takes to be harrassed in many liberal neighborhoods is to try to sit down for a quiet dinner while wearing a white skin and nothing will be done to your harrassers. Cities like Washington, D.C. are no longer safe for white diners. A sure way to be assaulted in DC is to walk down the street wearing a MAGA hat. Your depiction of conservatives as having a monoploy on racism is wildly inaccurate and I am sure that you know that is a fact. Many, if not most, alleged hate crimes perpetrated by whites in this country are eventually exposed as hoaxes perpetrated by liberals.

One thing that Donald Trump's presidency accomplished was to grow the number of black and Hispanic Republicans in this country. Why did that happen? Because, prior to the pandemic, employment and average incomes increased sharply for non-whites in this country. Thanks to Joe Biden's anti-capitalist policies, soaring inflation has caused economic suffering across democraphic lines. The liberals' push to convert cars from fossil fuels to electricity threatens to crash the American economy.

That hatred that you allege conservatives have for liberals is actually our hatred of the liberals' political and economic philosophies, which have been proven failures for decades. Everything that liberals manage to gain control of turns into a hot mess.
(02-26-2023, 05:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I won't make another thread about liberals right now but I will ask the question again, Why do you think far-right conservatives hate liberals so much?
I cannot speak for far-right conservatives, and how do you know that they hate liberals?

Why so much personal animus towards liberals?
I get annoyed when someone who doesn't know me at all assume what my opinions are just because I'm a conservative/moderate.  You do this a lot OSH.

What is it about a liberal that just grinds your gears? Be specific , please. Where I live, if I put Joe Biden or  AOC signs in my yard, my property would be vandalized and my pets would be harmed.
Most liberals will word vomit all the concerns they have and what everyone else should or should not do.  Then turn around and do the very things they are denouncing.
It seems to be okay to do wrong things, as long as you bitch about it loud enough.  And what makes you think that my property and pets hasn't been vandalized because of my political affiliation?

Why do you think the far-right has such hate for liberals that they want to see them cry, or worse? Just something I have always been curious about and never really received a genuine answer to.
As I said, I can't project why far-right conservatives feel.  I'm not even convinced that HATE liberals; that is a strong word!!

Now, I've answered every single one of your questions as honestly as I can.  But I'm sure you're gonna have a great come back.
(02-26-2023, 09:11 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 05:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I won't make another thread about liberals right now but I will ask the question again, Why do you think far-right conservatives hate liberals so much?
I cannot speak for far-right conservatives, and how do you know that they hate liberals?

Why so much personal animus towards liberals?
I get annoyed when someone who doesn't know me at all assume what my opinions are just because I'm a conservative/moderate.  You do this a lot OSH.

What is it about a liberal that just grinds your gears? Be specific , please. Where I live, if I put Joe Biden or  AOC signs in my yard, my property would be vandalized and my pets would be harmed.
Most liberals will word vomit all the concerns they have and what everyone else should or should not do.  Then turn around and do the very things they are denouncing.
It seems to be okay to do wrong things, as long as you bitch about it loud enough.  And what makes you think that my property and pets hasn't been vandalized because of my political affiliation?

Why do you think the far-right has such hate for liberals that they want to see them cry, or worse? Just something I have always been curious about and never really received a genuine answer to.
As I said, I can't project why far-right conservatives feel.  I'm not even convinced that HATE liberals; that is a strong word!!

Now, I've answered every single one of your questions as honestly as I can.  But I'm sure you're gonna have a great come back.

^^ A "word vomit" does not a great comeback make. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • Granny Bear
Back when Left and Right  relished an opportunity to talk with one another . Sad what this country has become in three decades.

Ronald Reagan speaking about the old hard-line Massachsetts liberal SOTH, Tip O'Neil.  After six o'clock, it was time to forget politics    and be buddies. That's the way Reagan and Tip operated. Man have things gone downhill since these two opposition party leaders  ruled Washington.

(02-26-2023, 05:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I won't make another thread about liberals right now but I will ask the question again, Why do you think far-right conservatives hate liberals so much? Why so much personal animus towards liberals? What is it about a liberal that just grinds your gears? Be specific , please. Where I live, if I put Joe Biden or  AOC signs in my yard, my property would be vandalized and my pets would be harmed. Why do you think the far-right has such hate for liberals that they want to see them cry, or worse? Just something I have always been curious about and never really received a genuine answer to.

You can't say right without saying far-right. You are dishonest. Plus I have never heard of anyone's pet being murdered over a yard sign. 
You never answer any questions you get for repeating Maddow dude propaganda. 

I ask for the 5th time and you won't answer, what is the difference between conservatives you see all over the place every day and far-right as you call it?
You don't know, don't want to know and don't care. You are ignorant son, ignorant I tell you! hehe
A "divorce" would spell the end of America as the World Power. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant.
(02-28-2023, 10:13 PM)The Outsider Wrote: A "divorce" would spell the end of America as the World Power.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant.

Are you saying Margie is ignorant?
^good at asking questions, very bad at even attempting to answer any. aka lib
(03-01-2023, 08:29 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^good at asking questions, very bad at even attempting to answer any. aka lib
I would say that he is only good at asking very dumb questions as a way of avoiding answering good questions.
(02-28-2023, 10:13 PM)The Outsider Wrote: A "divorce" would spell the end of America as the World Power.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant.
Anybody who thinks that the modern liberals who actively work to undermine the effectiveness of our own military somehow contribute to our standing as a "World Power," is ignorant.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Granny Bear
(03-01-2023, 08:29 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^good at asking questions, very bad at even attempting to answer any. aka lib

A liberal must have really hurt you at some point in your life. You have such animus toward liberals. Do you really think we are coming for your money, your guns, or your God fantasy(I think Obama kinda said the same thing once, didn't he? Something about clinging to your guns and religion.).  Did a liberal make you look silly in a debate once?  Did your liberal neighbor boink your significant other?  lol    Let go of that liberal hate, my man. It's gonna take years off your life. Stick to music and sports. You are really bad at politics and government.   lol

(03-01-2023, 08:47 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Anybody who thinks that the modern liberals who actively work to undermine the effectiveness of our own military somehow contribute to our standing as a "World Power," is ignorant.
Another liberal obsessive hater.  Did you lose a job to a liberal once? Did the Mrs let the liberal postman deliver her a package in that fancy office chair?  lol   Let it go, Hoot.  We are very sweet, loveable people.  Embrace our love.
(03-01-2023, 01:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

A liberal must have really hurt you at some point in your life. You have such animus toward liberals. Do you really think we are coming for your money, your guns, or your God fantasy(I think Obama kinda said the same thing once, didn't he? Something about clinging to your guns and religion.).  Did a liberal make you look silly in a debate once?  Did your liberal neighbor boink your significant other?  lol    Let go of that liberal hate, my man. It's gonna take years off your life. Stick to music and sports. You are really bad at politics and government.   lol

Another liberal obsessive hater.  Did you lose a job to a liberal once? Did the Mrs let the liberal postman deliver her a package in that fancy office chair?  lol   Let it go, Hoot.  We are very sweet, loveable people.  Embrace our love.

blahblahblah you are the one who comes up empty anytime someone asks you a question.....blahblahblah 

and your sCiEnCe is "in the beginning there was nothing. And then it blew up."  LOLOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • TheRealThing
^^REAL 'sCiEnCe' is never at odds with Scripture. God created the entire universe and there is no science that will ever disprove that fact. People who deny the creation account of the Bible have always tried to use so-called science as a foundation, (a foundation that future science always proves to be incorrect btw), on which to base their disobedience, thusly slaking their consciences. And that in much the same way the disgraced doctor Fauci supposedly followed the science when he tried to craft liberal legislation in a lab coat. Every bit of it has been summarily disproved. But the science thing is much more palatable I get it, because if God is in fact Creator, that means all men really will be required to stand before Him in judgment.

If America stands as a sovereign nation for much longer, she will once again be tested in war. That's when the truth of it will be told by our performance on the battlefield and not before. We'll find out then if woke commanders and soldiers are all that or not. But as always, it amazes me to read the confident comments made by all the no-experience lefty military strategists coming on BGR.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jetpilot
(03-01-2023, 01:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Sweet, lovable people do not engage in the butchery of the unborn, nor do they support those who do engage in the practice. Nor do sweet, lovable people ridicule other people's religion based on their mistaken notion that they are too smart to believe in God.
  • jetpilot
Wise words from a wise woman.

Civility in politics is gone, gone, gone !!!  It died with along with people like Reagan, Tip O'Neil, Gerald Ford, and soon to be gone,  Jimmy Carter . Also,  Bob Dole and Walter Mondale . These people were warriors for their side but were he willing to talk with  and work with the opposite side for the betterment of the country.  It's not that way anymore. Can you imagine MTG and AOC sitting down and having a nice after hours dinner together?  Or Josh Hawley having John Ossoff and his family over to his house for an overnight stay? We are broken. Words like "liberal mind virus" and "make liberals cry again" have contributed to our brokenness. I agree with MTG about one thing. I think the differences may be irreconcileable. Civil War is already here. The weapons used in the fighting are not guns or cannons but very uncivil words. America is truly a nation divided. Reagan ad Tip would be ashamed and saddened.

^^^Son you are full of sh!t as a Christmas turkey. You aren't willing to talk about anything or attempt to even back up your (assigned) opinions. Full of hate toward conservatives and never a bad word for any lib. Every sound bite or quote or link you post on here is easily shot down by anyone with an IQ that registers above a rock. Good god I have never seen anyone who can be wrong 100% of the time...smh
Back before there was talk of divorce, there was these fine patriots- one liberal, one conservative.

What an honorable man John McCain was. Obama is, in turn, a fine man. I had disagreements with both of them but I recognize their greatness as political figures and men of impeccable honor.  They had mutual respect for each other and indicated as much time and time again.  Who could ever forget McCain putting this bigoted old woman in her place?

Could you imagine any of our three male conservatives that regularly post here bringing themselves to declare Obama(or Biden)  a "decent, family man."  They couldn't do even though they know it's the truth.   Honor, courage, integrity...John McCain was levels above most anyone else.

^^ Rats! I 'still ' miss the troll-dad icon we used to have on here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hoot Gibson
(03-02-2023, 06:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: What an honorable man John McCain was. Obama is, in turn, a fine man. I had disagreements with both of them but I recognize their greatness as political figures and men of impeccable honor.  They had mutual respect for each other and indicated as much time and time again.  Who could ever forget McCain putting this bigoted old woman in her place?

Could you imagine any of our three male conservatives that regularly post here bringing themselves to declare Obama(or Biden)  a "decent, family man."  They couldn't do even though they know it's the truth.   Honor, courage, integrity...John McCain was levels above most anyone else.

McCain was a slimeball. The only reason you are touting him is he was a RINO who was almost as crooked as Joe Biden.
  • jetpilot
OSH posts idiotic videos of RINOs coddling Dems, I'm waiting for him to post the FIRST video of any Dem agreeing with conservatives in the last 10 years. He will never do it. His arguments are transparent and false and low IQ
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(03-02-2023, 09:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote: OSH posts idiotic videos of RINOs coddling Dems, I'm waiting for him to post the FIRST video of any Dem agreeing with conservatives in the last 10 years. He will never do it. His arguments are transparent and false and low IQ

He's the consummate troll. The day will come when everything in this land that provides the comforts of life will be washed away. At that point it would be interesting to see if he still finds it all so entertaining and takes such delight in cheering it all on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jetpilot