Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking ahead: Class 3A 2023
I’ll take central against the field for $20. Someone give me 10-1 odds.
A team that doesn't seem to be getting the respect they deserve with all they have returning is Hart Co. in this top heavy class.
(06-21-2023, 10:17 AM)Nations Elite Wrote: A team that doesn't seem to be getting the respect they deserve with all they have returning is Hart Co. in this top heavy class.

Hart Co?   This may be the first time Hart Co has been mentioned on this Football board.  No disrespect intended….just saying.      Tell us about what they have coming back?   You feel like they’re a legitimate threat to make it to Kroger Field?
Hart Co has the best graphics team in KY HS FB.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Panther Thunder
(06-22-2023, 01:40 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Hart Co has the best graphics team in KY HS FB.
Hart returns QB Keaton Walters whos should take the next step forward this season. Over 3000 yards rushing between Crump, Asury, Bradley, and Rexroat. That's their top 4 backs back, and their top two receivers back in Jackson Shoulders, and Kohnner Trent. 

Shoulders also lef the team in tackles with well over 100, and I believe two more 100+ tackle guuys in Milby and Griffin. Plus Trent is a ball hawk at DB. Not saying they surpass Central on that side but they should bet getting some respect with all this talent returning.
(06-24-2023, 07:33 AM)Nations Elite Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 01:40 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Hart Co has the best graphics team in KY HS FB.
Hart returns QB Keaton Walters whos should take the next step forward this season. Over 3000 yards rushing between Crump, Asury, Bradley, and Rexroat. That's their top 4 backs back, and their top two receivers back in Jackson Shoulders, and Kohnner Trent. 

Shoulders also lef the team in tackles with well over 100, and I believe two more 100+ tackle guuys in Milby and Griffin. Plus Trent is a ball hawk at DB. Not saying they surpass Central on that side but they should bet getting some respect with all this talent returning.
Pretty weak schedule last season.  What about this year?   Sounds like they have some talent coming back….
(06-24-2023, 10:13 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 07:33 AM)Nations Elite Wrote:

Pretty weak schedule last season.  What about this year?   Sounds like they have some talent coming back….
8/25 - LaRue Co. 
9/1 - Green Co. 
9/8 - @ Elizabethtown
9/15 -  Butler Co. 
9/22 - @ Caverna
9/29 - Adair Co. 
10/13 - @ Glasgow
10/20 - @ Franklin-Simpson
10/27 - @ Campbellsville
Belfry was young last year if you look at their roster, so they will return a lot with a ton of experience. As for Louisville Central, last year's Belfry team that was down, beat them. Also, Central is not the beast it once was under Scroggins. They have taken a step back in recent years. It's been four years since they were really a contender at all.
Heard Belfry might of lost a couple of Lineman to Pikeville ?
I have read a couple newspaper articles in the last 3 weeks or so that named a player(s) that have transferred from Belfry over to Mingo Central. I honestly don't know if both articles were on the same player or not, but it seems Belfry is losing players. I can't imagine giving up the opportunity to play for a legendary coach like Coach Haywood, but I obviously don't know what is going on behind the scenes.
(07-09-2023, 01:46 PM)Westside Wrote: I have read a couple newspaper articles in the last 3 weeks or so that named a player(s) that have transferred from Belfry over to Mingo Central. I honestly don't know if both articles were on the same player or not, but it seems Belfry is losing players.  I can't imagine giving up the opportunity to play for a legendary coach like Coach Haywood, but I obviously don't know what is going on behind the scenes.
The kid that went to Mingo Central is originally from Mingo and I hear the family is close to David Jones. He left to play for David. He played his 8th grade and freshman year at Belfry. It was not a lineman. Who are the lineman who are supposedly going to Pikeville?
(07-09-2023, 01:46 PM)Westside Wrote: I have read a couple newspaper articles in the last 3 weeks or so that named a player(s) that have transferred from Belfry over to Mingo Central. I honestly don't know if both articles were on the same player or not, but it seems Belfry is losing players. I can't imagine giving up the opportunity to play for a legendary coach like Coach Haywood, but I obviously don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

I’m older and follow both Pikeville and Belfry pretty well. Know parents, grandparents, and others from both schools and have made my comments on here.

This kids ain’t leaving because of football. The Burke kid is a 3 sport stud and didn’t play baseball at Belfry HS.

I’ve been told there was and have been multiple meetings with administrators and coaches at Belfry and the kids were basically told to pound sand.

I’ll as that some of the comments from parents and grandparents on Facebook leads me to believe some of those people aren’t as nice as they portray and are glad kids are leaving, so their family can be in the spotlight.
(07-09-2023, 05:10 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 01:46 PM)Westside Wrote: I have read a couple newspaper articles in the last 3 weeks or so that named a player(s) that have transferred from Belfry over to Mingo Central. I honestly don't know if both articles were on the same player or not, but it seems Belfry is losing players.  I can't imagine giving up the opportunity to play for a legendary coach like Coach Haywood, but I obviously don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

I’m older and follow both Pikeville and Belfry pretty well. Know parents, grandparents, and others from both schools and have made my comments on here.

This kids ain’t leaving because of football. The Burke kid is a 3 sport stud and didn’t play baseball at Belfry HS.

I’ve been told there was and have been multiple meetings with administrators and coaches at Belfry and the kids were basically told to pound sand.

I’ll as that some of the comments from parents and grandparents on Facebook leads me to believe some of those people aren’t as nice as they portray and are glad kids are leaving, so their family can be in the spotlight.

Let’s be honest, why on earth would any WR with college aspirations/talent play at Belfry? This kid transferring shouldn’t be alarming or any sort of surprise to anyone.
CAL had a really good showing against some of the best teams from around the country in 7 on 7 at Hoover, Alabama.

Long story short.. all 3A teams may want to be hoping for a cold and wet field come November because the Centurions appear to be loaded at the skill spots.
(07-17-2023, 04:58 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: CAL had a really good showing against some of the best teams from around the country in 7 on 7 at Hoover, Alabama.

Long story short.. all 3A teams may want to be hoping for a cold and wet field come November because the Centurions appear to be loaded at the skill spots.
CAL has a kid who is going to be a freshman that landed a UK offer in 7th grade. Played for the Louisville Chargers and has YouTube videos. Ja’Hyde Brown is his name
CAL also has Man Robinson he'll be playing football and basketball as a incoming freshmen and will be one of the best in each sport in each class.
CAL is the pick in my eyes. They could go on a long run of championships in this class with what they have if they stay in 3A.
(02-19-2023, 08:06 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
(02-19-2023, 07:44 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Belfry is back
3A CHAMPS
I thought Bell had a lot coming back. Don't overlook Clay Co.. QB is very good !!

QB Rice and WR Wagers are both really good. Should put up big numbers with the schedule they have.
(07-31-2023, 12:45 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(02-19-2023, 08:06 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
(02-19-2023, 07:44 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Belfry is back
3A CHAMPS
I thought Bell had a lot coming back. Don't overlook Clay Co.. QB is very good !!

QB Rice and WR Wagers are both really good. Should put up big numbers with the schedule they have.
Hoping to get to Clay Co. this week and check them out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nations Elite's post:
  • Bull got out!
Belfry was very young last year if you look at their roster on KHSAA's website. They will be really tough this coming year, especially considering all those middle school state champion teams are starting to age and mature. As for Louisville Central competing with Belfry next year, the lost to Belfry last year when Belfry was down and Central has consistently going down hill since Scroggins left years ago. They have lived off the reputation Scroggins built.

CAL, Elizabethtown are going to be tough every year, though I am not sure what they have returning from last season. Lexington Catholic dropping will add another contender on paper, but they still have to prove where they stand on the field. Comparing them to Boyle County the last several years was probably not a good measuring stick considering how tough Boyle is every season.
(08-05-2023, 12:15 PM)bball_fan Wrote: Belfry was very young last year if you look at their roster on KHSAA's website. They will be really tough this coming year, especially considering all those middle school state champion teams are starting to age and mature. As for Louisville Central competing with Belfry next year, the lost to Belfry last year when Belfry was down and Central has consistently going down hill since Scroggins left years ago. They have lived off the reputation Scroggins built.

CAL, Elizabethtown are going to be tough every year, though I am not sure what they have returning from last season. Lexington Catholic dropping will add another contender on paper, but they still have to prove where they stand on the field. Comparing them to Boyle County the last several years was probably not a good measuring stick considering how tough Boyle is every season.
Definitely agree with you. Being in the same class as Boyle Co is not a good measuring stick. Lexington Catholic will contend for the 3A. CAL is definitely the highly favor with all their returners, Lou Central has a bunch of impact returners, Lex Cath has their QB who threw for nearly 4K yards and 40ish TD pass and some transfer players who will make a splash. Belry, well hearing and reading some post on here, looks like they are losing a bunch to nearby schools.