Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Thoughts on 7 on 7 coming back in June? Also 7 on 7 at Colleges in June again?
Just wanted to see now that we hopefully have Covid pretty much in the rear view mirror. I want to see what everyone thinks and possibly some coaches as well how you guys feel about going back to 7 on 7 in June and having big 7 on 7 get together on college campus's. What does everyone think about these?
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
7x7 definitely gets you in the football mood. I personally enjoyed watching the EKU 7x7s and the format of having most the teams in one close area. Can’t get enough football IMO.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan, BlackcatAlum
This is what I am hearing. Good luck getting basketball coaches to agree with that. As it stands right now, according to KHSAA Bylaw 23 Limitations of Seasons, noncontact interscholastic simulations (aka 7on7) can't start until July 10th.

Also, Bylaw 24 Section 2 has specifics for football and basketball. Basically: June is for summer round ball, July is for football, signed KHSAA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
I wish there was a strict limitation of seasons. Three months for fall sports, 3 for winter, and 3 for spring- JUNE 1-AUGUST 15 DEAD FOR EVERYONE.

It might help constrain these ego maniac coaches who try to strong arm kids into doing their sport only year round.

We used to play 7 on 7 a lot. It was called “two hand touch” and it was during down times with our buddies, and it was fun. Just my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
Nah for me. Too close to start of season (June/ July) for any major and/ or lingering injuries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cafe Mocha's post:
  • 16BBall Fan